• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Very good Spanish player, think we signed him from Celta Vigo 2020. Played at centreforward last season and has moved to left side of attack this season, very skilful and good balance.

He got quite a few goals last season if i remember correctly? Think someone posted a vid of a game last season where he was phenomenal.

I would love to see him get into the first team squad. My worry for him is that he is 20. If he doesn't get a chance now or a loan opportunity, then I don't hold much hope for his future at the club.

Last edited:
I missed the 1st 20 mins of their game and watched full match this morning, Saudi Sportswashing Machine kicked off with 9 men on half way line played back to centre half to lump up field, real sophisticated stuff, I don't suppose it matters as none of their kids will ever get near the 1st team.

Is Ange's football played at the lower levels yet? The players we've produced recently like skipp and winks are constant speed pass and run players whereas Posteball seems to require 1v1 takeons with intensityand bursts of speed. Totally different type of training and it starts at an earlier age.

Is Ange's football played at the lower levels yet? The players we've produced recently like skipp and winks are constant speed pass and run players whereas Posteball seems to require 1v1 takeons with intensityand bursts of speed. Totally different type of training and it starts at an earlier age.

From what I've seen of U21 and U18 teams both play a 4-3-3 system with the defenders playing the ball out of the back, only seen 2 games this season and no sign of inverted fullbacks. This system was used in Conte's time here but I don't think he had any interest in how they played their games. They do appear to move the ball quicker and are prepared take players on when possible rather than pass back. The U21's have Donley and Devine in creative roles which set the way they play. It's not easy to compare as the level of opponents vary greatly, but in general they do try a play on the front foot and this seasons U21's are a vast improvement on last seasons who only got better when some of the current lads came into the set up after Christmas.
Last season the u21's would have been relegated but league changed and West Ham had a very good team.

Last edited:
Devine to Port Vale confirmed. Hope we have a recall on him for January, in case he has a really good half a season and has lots of suitors in the Championship.

Devine to Port Vale confirmed. Hope we have a recall on him for January, in case he has a really good half a season and has lots of suitors in the Championship.
Yeah I thought championship but maybe this helps guarantee a run of games. Can't see a recall personally as would be quite disruptive for him and Port Vale.

I hope he gets plenty of game time, was hoping he would get championship experience but it got to be better than the occasional game in the u21s

Back