• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Skipp was just named in the squad for the Euro u21s.

I'm not sure how he qualifies as he turns 23 in September!
Maybe because he was 21 when the season started? Edit: Max Aarons is already 23 so that's that theory blown!

Josh Griffiths (West Bromwich Albion), Carl Rushworth (Brighton and Hove Albion), James Trafford (Emirates Marketing Project)

Max Aarons (Norwich City), Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Charlie Cresswell (Leeds United), Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Emirates Marketing Project), Ben Johnson (West Ham United), Luke Thomas (Leicester City)

Tommy Doyle (Emirates Marketing Project), Harvey Elliott (Liverpool), James Garner (Everton), Angel Gomes (Lille), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Jacob Ramsey (Aston Villa), Oliver Skipp (Tottenham Hotspur)

Cameron Archer (Aston Villa), Morgan Gibbs-White (Nottingham Forest), Anthony Gordon (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Cole Palmer (Emirates Marketing Project) Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal)

We can also confirm the departures of Development Squad players Jamie Bowden, Kallum Cesay, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Roshaun Mathurin, Marqes Muir and Romaine Mundle following the conclusion of their contracts.

Under-18s players Thomas Bloxham, Brandon Bryan-Waugh and Riley Owen have also departed following the conclusion of their scholarships.

We wish them all the best in the next stage of their careers.

We can also confirm the departures of Development Squad players Jamie Bowden, Kallum Cesay, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Roshaun Mathurin, Marqes Muir and Romaine Mundle following the conclusion of their contracts.

Under-18s players Thomas Bloxham, Brandon Bryan-Waugh and Riley Owen have also departed following the conclusion of their scholarships.

We wish them all the best in the next stage of their careers.

Apart from Mundle I couldn't see a future with us, I think Bowden could do well in lower leagues he's a good team player.

I don’t tend to get excited about youngsters and the hype around them until they have actually made a few appearances in the first team. 9/10 of them get labelled the next best thing, they leave and we have then made a “big mistake” only for them to be forgotten about and have not lived up to the expectations.

I don’t tend to get excited about youngsters and the hype around them until they have actually made a few appearances in the first team. 9/10 of them get labelled the next best thing, they leave and we have then made a “big mistake” only for them to be forgotten about and have not lived up to the expectations.

At 15 his boy looks brilliant, he'll never get near an England call for a couple of years as he too small for the current managers.

One thing Paratici apparently sorted out in our academy was paying promising kids the sort of amounts which they can get from other teams and therefore retaining them.

We seem to be doing a bit better in that regard, and keeping Moore would be another indication of that if there really are all these teams sniffing around him

Whether or not he’s the next superstar or another Marcus Edwards is irrelevant. The key question is whether we can retain these sort of players

Don’t think I’ve seen a 15 year old get many mentions by journalists. So assume Mikey Moore is half decent or has someone doing some good PR for him to try and bump is price up.

Anyone know much about him from a skill set/ playing style point of view?

Don’t think I’ve seen a 15 year old get many mentions by journalists. So assume Mikey Moore is half decent or has someone doing some good PR for him to try and bump is price up.

Anyone know much about him from a skill set/ playing style point of view?

There were various highlights of him during the youth team cup runs last year.

From what I saw, I wouldnt describe him as a winger - more as a no 10. Trying to think of the best comparison from what I've seen - something of a combination of Grealish, Foden and Bernardo Silva perhaps?

There were various highlights of him during the youth team cup runs last year.

From what I saw, I wouldnt describe him as a winger - more as a no 10. Trying to think of the best comparison from what I've seen - something of a combination of Foden and Bernardo Silva perhaps?
Yeah
Number 10 playing wide
Silky is the old word people would use

Just saw that Olusesi, the 16 yr old CM who apparently is another huge talent and who signed a 3 year contract with us recently, retweeted Romano's tweet above giving it further credibility

Back