• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Turning backs on lap of honour?

I don't think Levy trusted Sherwood to get 4th. If he did, he's a fool, especially this season with the emergence of Pool. How many young rookie managers in their first gig take over midseason and get 4th in the PL? It would be unprecedented, right? Obviously you HOPE to get 4th, but in this case I think it was more of a caretaker thing. In any event, Sherwood will be gone, so in the overall scheme of things he's not that big of a deal to me as far as the bigger picture goes.

Why would Levy not entrust Sherwood to get 4th? If Levy sacked AVB only to appoint TS and not give him the job spec of finishing 4th it'd be criminal. I'm sure he would've said 4th is the goal.

Also you wouldn't give your caretaker an 18 month deal surely?

Anyway I hope your right and TS is off soon. I like the guy but not enough to manage my club.

Why would Levy not entrust Sherwood to get 4th? If Levy sacked AVB only to appoint TS and not give him the job spec of finishing 4th it'd be criminal. I'm sure he would've said 4th is the goal.

Anyway I hope your right and TS is off soon. I like the guy but not enough to manage my club.

I think the 18 month deal was dead right, if we wanted to go down the route of Sherwood as a caretaker.

If it were just till the end of the season then there would be much stronger speculation on next seasons manager. That story got dampened for a couple of months. They players also needed to think they were playing to impress the boss for their long term future.
New boy Tim would be paid a fraction of AVBs salary, so financially not a big hit to take if we have to pay off one whole year.
There's no obvious nailed on candidate out there for us, so why not have a punt on Tim anyway? On results alone, he wasn't far off what we wanted.

If LVG really was as close as people said then I think we would have agreed to announce Sherwood on a short term deal with LVG to follow - not a problem for it to be known a coach is leaving at the end of a tournament / season as long as the replacement is lined up.

Yes we've seen some disgraceful performances this season but why would you want to risk alienating the whole squad because of the petulance of a minority?

Talk about shooting yourelves in the foot!

Was it not a situation where Sherwood had 18 months left on his technical director contract anyway? And he refused to accept a shorter contract as a manager?

I know instead of giving the 'v's to the players start waving the white hankies around the 53rd minute(when was it when we won the league or come anywhere near it) to the board,i presume the reason why van gaal has gone cold on us was the amount levy/lewis was going to give him for his transfer budget and the reason he's gone to de boer was that he likes to give youngsters a go and look for some cheap nuggets around the lower league.

Yeah we've had some crap results,but it could have gone like Saudi Sportswashing Machine or villa,their season stopped in January or even started, both clubs get bigger attendance than us, at least the players have kept our season going till the beigining of april,lol.

Can't see it getting any better next season with Liverpool cruising past us,man ure going to spend over £120 mill,and the other ****ers waving to us miles away...

TS will be off soon. For some, that will leave a massive void as to who to carp on, and some will no doubt get a few more hits in yet, but overall he's the least of our worries. He was a rookie caretaker, and did alright. End of. Really, his 5 or 6 months in charge isn't that important in the overall scheme of things.

Going forward, whats more important is what happens from here on, and you will find that things are going to get narrow and focused pretty quickly both at the club and in here. You have heard it all in here recently. How even if we won the league, Sherwood out! About how easy it is to win in the PL, and so on. Anyway...

FDB, for example, will not get a long term plan. Regardless of who wants him to have what, that will be the reality of it. He will be expected to produce very quickly indeed. And he will get called names, too. And because they don't know him, nor have they seen him on holiday, people will question who he is or ever was.

And yes, I'll be expecting a WHOLE lot more out of FDB. He will be the one I'll be asking the questions of and have expectations of. Absolutely. We are top 5 or 6 and likely in Europe. That is currently the yardstick. And our current coach is apparently crap. That being so, if we import some experienced dude with massive credentials on high salary and long term contract and he can bring in his own players and have his own squad and staff, then you better believe that he'd better produce way over and above that. We shall see...

Last edited:
I did stay today, one of the few, I was highly embarrassed for the players given the amount of empty seats...it definitely wasn't the whole squad and they really should not have gone in and taken sooooo long to come back out! Had to laugh at the season highlight reel!

Very reminiscent of the Pleat end of season walk round although at least they had the sense that day to do so at the final whistle!

I was off 2 mins before the final whistle, not interested in watching a bunch of mainly ****ers half hearterdly pretending to clap our supporters

I was off 2 mins before the final whistle, not interested in watching a bunch of mainly ****ers half hearterdly pretending to clap our supporters
Same it's been disgraceful some times this season how they've just walked straight off the pitch after terrible performances

Same as me. Left as soon and the whistle went. The players have a lot to answer for. It's not all Sherwoods fault.

How many fans stayed?

I did stay today, one of the few, I was highly embarrassed for the players given the amount of empty seats...it definitely wasn't the whole squad and they really should not have gone in and taken sooooo long to come back out!

Good on you for staying PLT. I hope the players were embarrassed about the empty seats but all of them should have manned up and been there. The delay is a regular THFC thing, you can be if we'd won the title like City did and Sky had the cameras ready with the trophy they could turn it around in about 5 minutes.

Back