• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

And players like fibreglass were counted as home grown!
It's the EUs fault. They made it illegal to give more favourable employment opportunities based on nationality. The homegrown thing is a fudge to get around it. We can change the EPL rules after brexit, though not the CL ones

Always thought that Davies being counted as foreign was a bit wrong considering he came through at a side that play in the English football league system. If it were Celtic or Rangers I would understand, but the Welsh clubs are part of our league system.

Isn’t it because he played youth football in Denmark

Nearly 100 pages, and still no solid update or news about Kenwyne Jones & Garry Hooper :mad:

Won’t somebody think of the itk’s???!?!?

It's the EUs fault. They made it illegal to give more favourable employment opportunities based on nationality. The homegrown thing is a fudge to get around it. We can change the EPL rules after brexit, though not the CL ones

It is going to be more HGP based players to get around in exchanged for Visa clearance, thats what the FA want anyway.

I doubt the PL will want to change anything as it currently stands.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-fa-plans-increase-number-home-grown-players/

POCH ON TOTTENHAM TRANSFERS

Tottenham are yet to sign anyone in January, but will their recent injury crisis force them into the market? Manager Mauricio Pochettino has provided this update.

"I always say I am more than open to add players to the squad,” he said. “That is so clear. A different thing is if we can find the right player that is going to help us improve."

Asked if Tottenham could bring in some players in January, Pochettino added: "Always. We will see. We are working on a few options. We will see if we are able to deliver.

"We have one space now Mousa Dembele has gone. But we need to be careful with the Champions League, because if it is a player that is not English, we do not have the space. It is so important to be careful."

POCH ON TOTTENHAM TRANSFERS

Tottenham are yet to sign anyone in January, but will their recent injury crisis force them into the market? Manager Mauricio Pochettino has provided this update.

"I always say I am more than open to add players to the squad,” he said. “That is so clear. A different thing is if we can find the right player that is going to help us improve."

Asked if Tottenham could bring in some players in January, Pochettino added: "Always. We will see. We are working on a few options. We will see if we are able to deliver.

"We have one space now Mousa Dembele has gone. But we need to be careful with the Champions League, because if it is a player that is not English, we do not have the space. It is so important to be careful."

'So' is Poch's fave word.

Back