• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

2 days in, and think it’s safe to say we haven’t used all that time in the ‘off window’ to prep up any deals ready to announce and hit the ground at the start of Jan!

We’re therefore back to our natural state - totally reactive, and waiting for other teams to make their moves first before we decide if we are (or if we can) deal.

Log off, check back Jan 31st then.

Last edited:
2 days in, and think it’s safe to say we haven’t used all that time in the ‘off window’ to prep up any deals ready to announce and hit the ground at the start of Jan!

We’re therefore back to our natural state - totally reactive, and waiting for other teams to make their moves first before we decide if we are (or if we can) deal.

Log off, check back Jan 31st then.

Only surprise is that people were expecting anything different. This is who we are - twenty years of ENIC should have ingrained that in everyone by now. But hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Any excuse for me to rerun this absolute classic.

“Best comedy side story hacking to accompany a drugs ban award 2017” goes to.... :)

She is just too orange to be taken seriously!!!! Needs some custard desperately......

@Yiddo don't I was flagging Adama Traore when villa were relegated with him. About 15 posters told me I was bonkers, he was just a spinter. Blah blah. He would have been a cheap one with potential. Now, probably not.

It's really hard for us to improve now. For example: we need a CM. Who could come in and hit the ground running, not need a year or so of gettting Poch-fit in mind and body and playing sytle, who's better than Sissoko, Wanyama and even Demble? Maybe we could go for a more robust Winks type - a passer. But then what happens to Winks?

Some would say we have a weakness at RB. I would have agreed previously. But now I think we have to stick with Trippier, Aurier and KWP. Until we sell some of them, they are settled, know the game, and should kick on. So unless someone offers £40m for Trippier I think we'll stick.

Striker - how does a young forward displace Son and Kane? Not to mention Lucas Moura. Yes we need one more player - an out and out striker with potential. But they are not going to get a lot of games if everyone is fit.

Maybe the biggest area to cover are players who may depart - CBs and Eriksen. Eriksen I think there is a game going on now. He's happy here. Ideally he'd see out his contract, spend a couple more years here, and then try his hand in Spain. We're saying to him, look we can't keep you here, unless you extend the contract. We can put in clauses to allow you leave in a couple of years, but only on our terms. The question is, would we sell if Eriksen called the mangments bluff and won't sign a new deal?

So it isn't clear how we upgrade the team. Two things need to happen, we need clarity regarding Eriksen, Jan and Toby. Are they off? If so we can plan for the future. And secondly we need to clear some space for new signings. No point signing a CM, while we retain Dembele.

I'd be happy with a contract extension for Eriksen and no signings until the summer.

Last edited:
@Yiddo don't I was flagging Adama Traore when villa were relegated with him. About 15 posters told me I was bonkers, he was just a spinter. Blah blah. He would have been a cheap one with potential. Now, probably not.

He hasn't evolved much, though. He's still a terrifying dribbler with almost no end product - just as he was when we played Boro, when he spent half an hour slicing through our midfield at will before slicing a shot into the stands, dribbling it out of play or passing it back to us.

There's a reason he's mainly been used off the bench for Wolves this season - against tiring legs, he gets a few extra seconds to make the right decisions, and probably does slightly better as a result. But otherwise, his on-field decision-making is desperately poor.

So for those of you who would like a Cardiff style window, with three quick hits early on and then a relaxing canter to the end I’m afraid the best you can hope for is a Burnley - a turgid encounter with no penetration unless we manage to mug someone off with a hopeful punt in the dying seconds...

From what I have read from Wolves fans they don't rate him very much/at all

Back