• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I fear the doomsday scenario. We dont sign anyone. We get some injuries. We finish fifth - above L'Arse , but then they win the Europa to qualify for the CL next year instead of us. Some key players leave - maybe even Poch.

This has all the potential hallmarks of Lasagna-gate, WBA's dodgy last day keeper, Chelski unbelievably winning the CL to deny us and Leicester coming out of left field to frustrate our "best chance" season.

What else, apart from the scenario outlined above, could possibly go wrong?

And on the bright side of life ...

Jann-Fiete Arp of Hamburg. Already talked about Harry Kane a few months back.
Has seemingly started following a few Spurs players recently on the social media.

For what that is worth.

DTSO5x-WkAErz6E-e1515762864561.jpg

If I was a professional footballer I would do this all the time to wind up fans.

I fear the doomsday scenario. We dont sign anyone. We get some injuries. We finish fifth - above L'Arse , but then they win the Europa to qualify for the CL next year instead of us. Some key players leave - maybe even Poch.

This has all the potential hallmarks of Lasagna-gate, WBA's dodgy last day keeper, Chelski unbelievably winning the CL to deny us and Leicester coming out of left field to frustrate our "best chance" season.

We are unlikely to sign anyone who will make much of an impact in the second half of the season, so January is not really relevant to your doomsday scenario.

We are unlikely to sign anyone who will make much of an impact in the second half of the season, so January is not really relevant to your doomsday scenario.

Yeah but Hercules in the itk thread said ..

You've been a Spurs fan for a long time, haven't you?!? ;-)

It's a difficult mindset to get out of but you can do it, bud. We are here to help you. :)

I agree with you if it's going to be a Saha and Nelsen type signing, but with our current injuries and allowing several out on loan, our squad is pretty thin . In my opinion, we need one significant signing to freshen things up and give us a pep up for the business end of the season.

So! That hamburg striker we were supposedly interested in not on bench or playing today. Has supposedly started following us on twitter and a bunch of our players.

Also, kondogbia from Valencia not playing or on bench tonight. We were interested in him too.

Double signing on the cards? ;)

So! That hamburg striker we were supposedly interested in not on bench or playing today. Has supposedly started following us on twitter and a bunch of our players.

Also, kondogbia from Valencia not playing or on bench tonight. We were interested in him too.

Double signing on the cards? ;)
I'd love Kondogbia. Valencia just signed Coquelin, so maybe, just maybe. He could be a player that provides instant impact. Of course he's an Inter player on loan to Valencia, so maybe it's all unrelated. On the other hand, if the rumors of Dembele to Italy are true, who knows...

I agree with you if it's going to be a Saha and Nelsen type signing, but with our current injuries and allowing several out on loan, our squad is pretty thin . In my opinion, we need one significant signing to freshen things up and give us a pep up for the business end of the season.

It is really rare for significant signings to be made in January (and harder still in a World Cup year) and typically, Poch takes his time integrating new players. I'd be amazed that if we brought in anyone in January they played more than a bit part in the second half of the season.

With players coming back from injury, I think that the first team squad is looking pretty strong and we have hit form around the turn of the year like we have the last couple of seasons.

Back