• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I think it's just an option to have. As a in game change or forced by injuries.

It's not a drastic change formation wise either.

I agree with that. Think it would be a great option to have. Would eriksen agree though? He might want a club where he is a guaranteed starter and the team plays around him. Rather than being an option.

There is more than just our perspective to consider.

If we get Eriksen, the obvious option is when he's on he will play in a 5 man midfield (we revert to two up front)

Conte's Inter played 3-5-2, Eriksen played LCM with Perisic outside him

3-5-2-inter-milan-2020-21.png

We don't have anyone for the Barella role. Hojberg and Skipp aren't really progressive enough. I can't see us playing that formation. It's a lot of disruption purely to try and lever Eriksen in at the expense of Kulusevski.

I agree with that. Think it would be a great option to have. Would eriksen agree though? He might want a club where he is a guaranteed starter and the team plays around him. Rather than being an option.

There is more than just our perspective to consider.
True. Especially when you think he's been given another chance in life and in doing what he loves he might just be a bit more romantic and see things thru a different lense?

We don't have anyone for the Barella role. Hojberg and Skipp aren't really progressive enough. I can't see us playing that formation. It's a lot of disruption purely to try and lever Eriksen in at the expense of Kulusevski.
So Eriksen, Bentancur and Skipp/PEH in midfield with Perisic and Royal out wide and any two from Sonny/Kane/Kulu up front?

Hence why I think Conte's ask was 2 x CM (or so it has been pretty widely reported)

Hence why I think Conte's ask was 2 x CM (or so it has been pretty widely reported)

We haven't even been linked properly with one yet. McKennie seems strongest so far.

I'm not sure we will get two - just one in and Winks out. But hopefully a starter, who will relegate Hojberg to back-up.

If we start the season with Royal out wide then things haven’t gone to plan in the transfer window I’m afraid.
True! I wasn't suggesting it as our first choice formation, but rather seeing how we could make Raziel's idea work.

Besides, sticking Kulu at RM with Romero behind him might work against the lesser teams anyway. He strikes me as having enough footballing intelligence to make that work. I really don't think Doherty could play the role.

But yes, a proper RWB has to be our next priority this window.

Back