• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I can’t see the Pogba thread?

giphy.gif

Looks like it's going to be quiet on the transfers front for the next 2 weeks. Although hopefully we can get a couple out the door.

Looks like it's going to be quiet on the transfers front for the next 2 weeks. Although hopefully we can get a couple out the door.

When do Italy’s games in London end? I’d be surprised if he doesn’t leave the UK as a Spurs player. Bremer to Inter is basically done so makes sense to ratify everything in the next 7 days or so and he does the medical and signs whilst he is here.

When do Italy’s games in London end? I’d be surprised if he doesn’t leave the UK as a Spurs player. Bremer to Inter is basically done so makes sense to ratify everything in the next 7 days or so and he does the medical and signs whilst he is here.

Nations league they have 5 games between now and 14th june. So i think any transfer will probably been on hold till those are over.

If they are going to do it. Then scrap euro qualifiers. Have the nations league as proper divisions of say 8 teams in each. Promotion and relegation. Do it over 2 years. Then the ones that end up in the top 4 divisions qualify for the european cup. Every game competitive and has meaning.

I thought it was just a replacement for meaningless friendlies during the season, sure it was marketed that way. Not extra games in the summer like this.

It’s the biggest waste of time ever ! Tv companies and commentators lapping it up though, saying what a success it is! WALOB, I haven’t spoke to one football fan that thinks it’s a good idea.

players play way too many games, so UEFA’s solution is to add more, dingdongheads.

The tv companies have to sell their product. They're not going to say it's a useless competition don't watch it.

If they are going to do it. Then scrap euro qualifiers. Have the nations league as proper divisions of say 8 teams in each. Promotion and relegation. Do it over 2 years. Then the ones that end up in the top 4 divisions qualify for the european cup. Every game competitive and has meaning.

Further to this. If you have a trophy for each division then even the likes of san marino and Luxembourg have a chance of getting silverware. Not getting thrashed every game.

I feel like the Nations League is the fluffer for the World Cup every summer. Or whatever that ridiculous plan is.

It's basically a lack of creative thought among uefa hierarchy and not understanding what their role should be. They should be the custodians of football, ensuring it survives and thrives. But they think they need to make more money each year. How do we do that? More games = more money. Then they get lawyers to design new competitions, that are unnecessarily overcomplicated. So people switch off. They'll just watch cause it's on. Not really caring.

Could just have it replace all World Cup and euro qualifiers. Top 16 teams go to through to those summer tournaments (so div 2 relegation and div 3 promotion being key). The top division becomes a bit more like the rugby 6 nations

Last edited:
It's basically a lack of creative thought among uefa hierarchy and not understanding what their role should be. They should be the custodians of football, ensuring it survives and thrives. But they think they need to make more money each year. How do we do that? More games = more money. Then they get lawyers to design new competitions, that are unnecessarily overcomplicated. So people switch off. They'll just watch cause it's on. Not really caring.

Money and greed the villains again. As they are in most areas of society.

Back