• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Without the prem money they will need to clear their wage bill and quick

Just a year left on his contract. Probably won't be very happy playing in the Championship. They could gamble and force him to stay if he wants out, but would almost certainly lose him on a free in a year if they did.

it depends on how much the (Russian?) owner wants to back them again I guess - could be prepared to take that gamble

Does anyone know what ‘ball recoveries’ or possession wins covers? According to the same website (whoscored) he only has 125 tackles and interceptions in the PL this season, so I don’t know what the other 162 possession wins covers?

Not sure, maybe winning second balls e.g. when cleared from a corner or set piece he picks up the loose ball?

Does anyone know what ‘ball recoveries’ or possession wins covers? According to the same website (whoscored) he only has 125 tackles and interceptions in the PL this season, so I don’t know what the other 162 possession wins covers?
It’s the problem with stats
They can be interpreted many ways and everyone seems to create their own and then use them as the gospel
I always look at the premier league ones as at least their part of the org sustain that runs the league
Lots of people seem to like sqwawka which is independent but as such has no accountability for his numbers

for example the one you mention says he has made 125 tackles and the premier league one 79

We neeed a DM, Wanyama and Dier were incredibly important to our great defense when we were good. dier is now clearly preferred at CB (and doing well there) and Wanyama has gone. So this makes sense.

For a striker, I’d take the second option. For a defensive player I want the one who doesn’t lose half of his tackles please. I like Ward Prowse by the way. I think he is considerably better than Winks.... I just don’t want him playing DM for us.
So to clear it up
Ward prose misses 48.8%
Holdberg misses 39%
Is that 39% actually good ????

That’s quite a lot.... The difference between an A and a D in A levels or a first and a third in a degree.
Not when your measuring failure. Don’t forget to use your logic we haven’t considered the complete tackles
So neither would be a first, Holdberg would scrape a 2.1 and WP a 2.2, and of course WP wins on all the other stats
Maybe people just want a DM to just tackle. I want one who can do more. I’m not manager

Recovery

This is where a player recovers the ball in a situation where neither team has possession or where the ball has been played directly to him by an opponent, thus securing possession for their team.

Possession won

The total sum of tackles, aerial duels won, interceptions, blocked crosses or shield outs (shielding the ball from an opponent and letting it run out of play).

Tackling a player who is about to score is equal to tackling a player who is losing control of the on the halfway line that's why I dont pay a lot of attention to stats, they prove whatever you like. Previously possession was considered great now many seem relaxed about that stat, the one stat that counts are goals.

Back