• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Yeah
But I don’t think CBS are the issue
It’s the full backs who are weak weak weak.
I’ve said it loads but fix the wide areas and we look instantly better through the middle
There is a really good tactical analysis of how Sheffield United just went wide constantly and ignored the middle... I’ll see if I can find it
Agree about our defence, but Sheffield Utd play that way against everyone. Their CBs practically play as wingers, it has nothing to do with setting up that way specifically against just us. They obviously had success in those areas, but would have played that way regardless....

Yeah
But I don’t think CBS are the issue
It’s the full backs who are weak weak weak.
I’ve said it loads but fix the wide areas and we look instantly better through the middle
There is a really good tactical analysis of how Sheffield United just went wide constantly and ignored the middle... I’ll see if I can find it
We need a whole new defence IMO. As well as a DM. The DM is first priority as we don’t have one. The rest need to be changed simply because they are not good enough. Malang Sarr is on a free transfer from Nice, so is Robin Knoche from Wolfsburg. Both are considerably better than Sanchez and Dier. Get those two in, pay some money for Castagne from Atalanta and pick Sessegnon at left back. Then we can perhaps have a decent budget for a DM

Last edited:
We need a whole new defence IMO. As well as a DM. The DM is first priority as we don’t have one. The rest need to be changed simply because they are not good enough. Malang Sarr is on a free transfer from Nice, so is Robin Knoche from Wolfsburg. Both are considerably better than Sanchez and Dier. Get those two in, pay some money for Castagne from Atalanta and pick Sessegnon at right back. Then we can perhaps have a decent budget for a DM
You'd like to think Jose would never fall into this category, but i hope we're not doing an Arsenal and develop a blind spot about the importance of a quality defence.

All focus should be on this (inc a DM)

If you think of Walker Toby Jan Rose and two of Dier Wanyama Dembele all at a a good age no wonder we were virtually unbreakable. The beauty of that as well is we had two ball playing CH surrounded by a ring of powerful players.

So so far from that now:(

Wigan have gone into administration. They have a young leftback who was on the verge of joining AC Milan and the 18 year old striker gerdalht who looks a talent.

Could see Levy trying to go in low there.

I wrote this on Wednesday and on Sunday it is in the online edition of the sun.

Journalists are so fcuking lazy they just copy what losers on message boards write don't they.

He played well today. I’ve always scratched my head at this loan, we have no genuine RB competition for Aurier and he hasn’t even featured much at Soton. Reckon he still has a future here, especially with potential limited transfer funds....

He played well today. I’ve always scratched my head at this loan, we have no genuine RB competition for Aurier and he hasn’t even featured much at Soton. Reckon he still has a future here, especially with potential limited transfer funds....

If we are not playing tangana at centre back then he shiuld be right back. Basically tangana needs to be on the pitch

We had Foyth til he got injured. I hope we sign a RB in the summer, but would prefer we go into next season with Foyth and KWP rather than have Aurier for another year.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised if all of Aurier, Foyth and KWP leave in the summer

We had Foyth til he got injured. I hope we sign a RB in the summer, but would prefer we go into next season with Foyth and KWP rather than have Aurier for another year.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised if all of Aurier, Foyth and KWP leave in the summer

I dont want foyth anywhere near the team. He is crap.

Agreed. Plus I also think he's a Mourinho-type full-back given he's big enough to win far post headers from crosses and generally more defensive than attacking

There is definitely that. But he would definitely be a more defensive RB - so it boils down to tactics and how Jose wants to play (opposite to Aurier). Man U have gone with AWB and whilst he is no Trent, he is a quality defender who can maybe develop his attacking play.

Agreed. Plus I also think he's a Mourinho-type full-back given he's big enough to win far post headers from crosses and generally more defensive than attacking
Honestly don’t know
Just know he plays there for Argentina very well from what I’ve seen
And I’m convinced Poch wanted him there this season but he kept on getting injured

Back