• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

He ain’t worth and extra £10m
He is worth £15/£20m with his contract situation
Anymore and there is better out there

If we only offer £20m he'll end up at Everton. There aren't many decent players who you can get for £20m. I'd rather we pay market price for just 1 decent player and land them, rather than buy 2 average players for cheaper

He ain’t worth and extra £10m
He is worth £15/£20m with his contract situation
Anymore and there is better out there

What better DMs are there who are within our budget (transfer and fees) and who wouldnt have a CL-qualified team chasing them?

If we only offer £20m he'll end up at Everton. There aren't many decent players who you can get for £20m. I'd rather we pay market price for just 1 decent player and land them, rather than buy 2 average players for cheaper
Yeah I agree
But he is just average currently
He would need to improve with us
Don’t forget joining us adds more pressure than playing for SCBC

What better DMs are there who are within our budget (transfer and fees) and who wouldnt have a CL-qualified team chasing them?
No idea
Not my job
But I don’t think we should pay for someone because we like him... we should pay the right fee and no more
If we can’t get him for that we move on
He isn’t a proven world class player currently
But he may get better with us and the price shouldn’t reflect that
I’d rather fo for Philips from Leeds for example who is better with the ball which is really important for us and he wound cost a bit more but I don’t think they would sell

No idea
Not my job
But I don’t think we should pay for someone because we like him... we should pay the right fee and no more
If we can’t get him for that we move on
He isn’t a proven world class player currently
But he may get better with us and the price shouldn’t reflect that
I’d rather fo for Philips from Leeds for example who is better with the ball which is really important for us and he wound cost a bit more but I don’t think they would sell

Understand its not your job but you did say 'Anymore and there is better out there'!!

Agree he isnt world class, but we wont be able to get world class players given the combination of fee needed, wages needed, competing bidders and no CL football. Plus, like it or not, a couple years ago we were one of the rising star clubs which had pull...the headlines around us now and our trajectory dont give us the same appeal and dont make us as attractive as we were.

The important things are (i) is he in a position which we need, (ii) will he improve us and (iii) is he get-able for a fair price

If there's better players who meet those criteria then great, but Hojbjerg probably meets all 3

Understand its not your job but you did say 'Anymore and there is better out there'!!

Agree he isnt world class, but we wont be able to get world class players given the combination of fee needed, wages needed, competing bidders and no CL football. Plus, like it or not, a couple years ago we were one of the rising star clubs which had pull...the headlines around us now and our trajectory dont give us the same appeal and dont make us as attractive as we were.

The important things are (i) is he in a position which we need, (ii) will he improve us and (iii) is he get-able for a fair price

If there's better players who meet those criteria then great, but Hojbjerg probably meets all 3
Zokaria is better value
Would cost twice as much but it’s a better all round player

Zokaria is better value

Really like him.

What about the french chap venta(something) 25 years old had good stats and very energetic, not seen him play myself and i usually watch french football on a sunday night.

As for transfers i really think we need to look at what sort of squad we want to end up with.

Zokaria is better value

Will take your word on it as I dont watch much non-PL football. Not sure we'll be able to pay £40m for someone this summer though - I'd happily shift Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko, Rose etc, but not sure that there's going to be many takers for them at the sort of price Levy will want....

Really like him.

What about the french chap venta(something) 25 years old had good stats and very energetic, not seen him play myself and i usually watch french football on a sunday night.

As for transfers i really think we need to look at what sort of squad we want to end up with.
No idea
I can’t really comment on someone I’ve not seen

Will take your word on it as I dont watch much non-PL football. Not sure we'll be able to pay £40m for someone this summer though - I'd happily shift Aurier, Lamela, Sissoko, Rose etc, but not sure that there's going to be many takers for them at the sort of price Levy will want....
I think we can’t do anymore hopeful buys for key positions
We did that with sissoko and it’s kinda paid back
We did that IMO with Aurier and Sanchez and it’s failed IMO

I think we can’t do anymore hopeful buys for key positions
We did that with sissoko and it’s kinda paid back
We did that IMO with Aurier and Sanchez and it’s failed IMO

Would Hojbjerg be hopeful? He's played in the PL and settled in the country so low-ish risk IMO. Obviously people can question whether he's good enough, but I think with him you'd know what you're getting

I wouldnt sell Kane, but we're badly missing some creativity in the final third so would entertain decent offers for Dele. That said, I cant see anyone offering a decent value, or certainly compared to what we might have got 2-3 years ago
Agree with that. Dele before Kane. Dele just doesn't seem to fit anymore. He doesn't create and has more or less stopped scoring as well. Apart from constantly trying flicks and tricks (that don't work out) I struggle to see what positive contribution he gives to the team. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad player, but he can't seem to find his role in the team anymore.

I'm starting to wonder whether the Coutinho loan idea might not be a bad idea - he's very close in style to Eriksen so would mean we could field a front 4 like our best formation a couple years ago and keep GLC in his best position.

Signing Hojbjerg and a RB, plus loaning Coutinho is a feasible window and would leave us with:

----------------------Lloris---------------

--New RB-----Dier-------Sanchez---Davies---

-------------Hojbjerg---------GLC--------------

------Son-------------Dele-----------Coutinho---

-----------------------Kane-----------------------

I'd settle for that based on where we are! Sell Sissoko, Lamela, Aurier, CCV and Rose - would be roughly enough to cover the outlays

Would Hojbjerg be hopeful? He's played in the PL and settled in the country so low-ish risk IMO. Obviously people can question whether he's good enough, but I think with him you'd know what you're getting
Possibly not
But he has played for what aren’t a great side
Could argue there a similar style I guess
His passing is like a crab though and that could really slow our play
I didn’t rate Wanyama at Southampton and he was brilliant for us so I could easily be wrong

I'm starting to wonder whether the Coutinho loan idea might not be a bad idea - he's very close in style to Eriksen so would mean we could field a front 4 like our best formation a couple years ago and keep GLC in his best position.

Signing Hojbjerg and a RB, plus loaning Coutinho is a feasible window and would leave us with:

----------------------Lloris---------------

--New RB-----Dier-------Sanchez---Davies---

-------------Hojbjerg---------GLC--------------

------Son-------------Dele-----------Coutinho---

-----------------------Kane-----------------------

I'd settle for that based on where we are! Sell Sissoko, Lamela, Aurier, CCV and Rose - would be roughly enough to cover the outlays
Courinho as a loan... maybe, not sure. He wouldn’t weaken us that’s for sure but he would play at 10
I’ll add that the money talked of for Holdberg is £30m. Compare that to what we sold his compatriot Eriksen for and he is by far and away the better more proven player. That’s what makes me think he has to be for the right fee

Hojbjerg is also a target for Tottenham, who want to sign 20-year-old English right-back Max Aarons from Norwich City as

via The Athletic

I think we should be interested in this lad too

Norwich's English centre-back Ben Godfrey, 22, is a target for both Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig.

Hojbjerg is also a target for Tottenham, who want to sign 20-year-old English right-back Max Aarons from Norwich City as

via The Athletic

I think we should be interested in this lad too

Norwich's English centre-back Ben Godfrey, 22, is a target for both Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig.
Has looked good when I’ve seen him play but is he good enough for us...

Have you seen our defence ???
Yeah
But I don’t think CBS are the issue
It’s the full backs who are weak weak weak.
I’ve said it loads but fix the wide areas and we look instantly better through the middle
There is a really good tactical analysis of how Sheffield United just went wide constantly and ignored the middle... I’ll see if I can find it

Back