• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I think after selling lucas and if watford went down sarr should only cost 10 to 15m more at most. I would sell son myself and use some of the money for it.

I dont particularly like son and think though decent he is vastly over rated.

Chich, Can I ask you a question? Who in our squad would you say you wanted to keep at all costs? I know you have suggested selling Kane, Son, Moura etc (with valid reasons such as using the cash to rebuild) but who are your favourite players that you would love to stick around?

Chich, Can I ask you a question? Who in our squad would you say you wanted to keep at all costs? I know you have suggested selling Kane, Son, Moura etc (with valid reasons such as using the cash to rebuild) but who are your favourite players that you would love to stick around?

Sessegnon, tangana, lo celso, bergwen, davies(squad option) i would only be selling kane, dele, sissoko for the money. Dont hate son, toby or dier decent squad options but players i think our fans over rate.

Would be quite happy to go back to the beginning of the poch era and try and build a team again.

I follow cycling and love how cycling teams will build up a team over a couple of years to target a specific race.

Chelsea with the loaning out of youth players is something we need to do and perhaps Poch's biggest mistake.

At present our most desperate need is for a defensive midfield player, as we simply don’t have one in the squad. After that we’re looking to strengthen but not out of desperation.

The other areas of obvious weakness are:

Centre half: Although I think that the new Sanchez and Dier partnership looks promising, we also still have Toby and Tanganga is coming through (fingers crossed on his back!). We will also probably look better at centre half when we finally have a central midfield player who is capable of defending.

Left back: At the very least we need somebody to challenge Davies for his place in the team. We could make do with Sessegnon though? Cirkin also seems to be highly rated by Jose.

Right back: Same as at left back, we at least need somebody to challenge Aurier for his place in the team. We are going to have to buy here....

Striker: Son can fill in for Kane up top, but we then weaken ourselves from wide left. Would be good to have a bench option at least.

If we are smart then we shouldn’t have to sell a crown jewel to rebuild. There are some very good players available on frees or ones with only 1 year left on contracts.

Players out of contract this summer....
LB: Kurzawa (PSG)
RB: Meunièr (looks like we missed out to Dortmund there)
RB: Clyne (Liverpool)
CH: Silva (PSG)
CH: Sarr (Nice)
CH: Palomino (Atlanta)
CF: Cavani (PSG)
CF: Dzyuba (Zenit)

Players with one year left on their contracts this summer:
CH: Boly (Wolves)
CH: Schar (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
CH: Upemacano (Leipzig)
CH: Elvedi (Monchengladbach)
CH: Ginter (Monchengladbach)
CH: RKoch (Freiburg)
LB: Alaba (Bayern)
LB: Bernat (PSG)
LB: Telles (Porto)
RB: Castagne (Atlanta)
DM: Javi Martinez (Bayern)

DM: Hojbjerg (Southampton)
CF: Josh King (Bournemouth)
CF: Batshuayi (Chelsea)
CF: Marega (Porto)
CF: Costa (Atletico)

Take all of those bolded and you’re probably looking at an outlay of under £30m in transfer fees, addressing all of the weaknesses in the squad and improving the first team in 3 or 4 positions....

5 overseas players though so we’d need to be losing some of our existing contingent. I think Gedson will still be an under 21 player next season so that leaves 16 current overseas players... Assuming Foyth, Vertonghen and Vorm (promote Whiteman) all go then we’d only need to lose one more. We could sell Gazzaniga and replace with an English keeper (Hart or even Jordan Archer)? Sell Aurier and bring in Clyne on a free from Liverpool? Or perhaps sell Lamela or Sissoko?

Fees for Rose, Foyth, KWP, Carter Vickers and Amos probably get us somewhere near the £30 million transfer outlay. Question is whether Levy would increase our wage bill?

Last edited:
At present our most desperate need is for a defensive midfield player, as we simply don’t have one in the squad. After that we’re looking to strengthen but not out of desperation.

Centre half: Although I think that the new Sanchez and Dier partnership looks promising, we also still have Toby and Tanganga is coming through (fingers crossed on his back!). We will also probably look better at centre half when we finally have a central midfield player who is capable of defending.

Left back: At the very least we need somebody to challenge Davies for his place in the team. We could make do with Sessegnon though? Cirkin also seems to be highly rated by Jose.

Right back: Same as at left back, we at least need somebody to challenge Aurier for his place in the team. We are going to have to buy here....

Striker: Son can fill in for Kane up top, but we then weaken ourselves from wide left. Would be good to have a bench option at least.

If we are smart then we shouldn’t have to sell a crown jewel to rebuild. There are some very good players available on frees or ones with only 1 year left on contracts.

Take all of those bolded and you’re probably looking at an outlay of under £30 in transfer fees, addressing all of the weaknesses in the squad and improving the first team in 3 or 4 positions....

5 overseas players though so we’d need to be losing some of our existing contingent. I think Gedson will still be an under 21 player next season so that leaves 16 current overseas players... Assuming Foyth, Vertonghen and Vorm (promote Whiteman) all go then we’d only need to lose one more. We could sell Gazzaniga and replace with an English keeper (Hart or even Jordan Archer)? Sell Aurier and bring in Clyne on a free from Liverpool? Or perhaps sell Lamela or Sissoko?

Fees for Rose, Foyth, KWP, Carter Vickers and Amos probably get us somewhere near the £30 million transfer outlay. Question is whether Levy would increase our wage bill?

Great post, and we are definitely going to have to be creative this summer.

Another with 1 year left on his contract, and who we've been linked with a £15m move this morning, is Lucas Vazquez. Didnt realise he was 28 and never really rated him to be honest

Take all of those bolded and you’re probably looking at an outlay of under £30 in transfer fees, addressing all of the weaknesses in the squad and improving the first team in 3 or 4 positions....

If we can bring in 5 players this summer it would be spectacular business I agree
An alternative to Kane is massive
The DM if Jose wants one is massive too as we have neither of those
I’m actually more comfortable at CB now
You know my thoughts on FB
There are some young ones out there soon available on a free and there are players like Castagne who would be available for decent fees
I was buying into Holdberg as DM as his stats looked really great but watching him post COVID break he passed backwards so much and doesn’t appear to break down the play much. Ward Prowse is the one doing most of the DM work IMO. We need a DM who can pass and pass forward as key

Sarr at Nice, and Castagne would be very Spurs signings. I could perhaps see us signing those two plus Holjberg; from what I've read Castagne can play on both sides of defence too

Upemecano has been decent when I've seen him before, and I could believe him being a very Jose like signing

Sarr at Nice, and Castagne would be very Spurs signings. I could perhaps see us signing those two plus Holjberg; from what I've read Castagne can play on both sides of defence too

Upemecano has been decent when I've seen him before, and I could believe him being a very Jose like signing

Upmymecano ticks all the boxes for me, never seen him and his name begins and ends with a vowel what could go wrong?

If we can bring in 5 players this summer it would be spectacular business I agree
An alternative to Kane is massive
The DM if Jose wants one is massive too as we have neither of those
I’m actually more comfortable at CB now
You know my thoughts on FB
There are some young ones out there soon available on a free and there are players like Castagne who would be available for decent fees
I was buying into Holdberg as DM as his stats looked really great but watching him post COVID break he passed backwards so much and doesn’t appear to break down the play much. Ward Prowse is the one doing most of the DM work IMO. We need a DM who can pass and pass forward as key
It’s hard to judge Hojbjerg right now as I would imagine his heart isn’t in it at Southampton knowing he is off in the Summer.

He played against us for RB
And he would cost £50m if rumours are to be believed

Having played against us and costing about £50m is a pretty long list. I cant see us doing any business until the covid19 situation is stable as I dont think many foreign players with families moving about.

Back