• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

TBF I wasn’t over enamoured with Wanyama when we signed him but he was so good when he could run
I do think though that the top sides have evolved a lot to not play “stoppers”. I’m not sure what his style is to be honest

Fernandinho, Fabinho, Jorginho - all end in inho, but are all cultured stoppers. As along as Hojbjerginho is ok with the ball (ie not a David Batty type) then I dont see a problem playing a holding CM

Fernandinho, Fabinho, Jorginho - all end in inho, but are all cultured stoppers. As along as Hojbjerginho is ok with the ball (ie not a David Batty type) then I dont see a problem playing a holding CM
Jorginho can’t defend... hence why teams target him. Fernandinho I agree but he is now gone and being played CB. They play the Spanish and who isn’t a DM (although I assumed he was)
Fabinho ... he is more of a hybrid IMO but he is good at defensive work I agree

TBF I wasn’t over enamoured with Wanyama when we signed him but he was so good when he could run
I do think though that the top sides have evolved a lot to not play “stoppers”. I’m not sure what his style is to be honest
Hojbjerg isn’t just a stopper. He is good on the ball in terms of both his passing and dribbling. He is also pretty mobile. Him in the team would give us a platform to play Lo Celso and Ndombele ahead of him in a 4-3-3 or allow us to have Winks Or Lo Celso alongside as the double Pivot in a 4-2-3-1.

While it’s true that teams don’t play with mere ‘stoppers’ these days, the best ones do play with one central midfield player who is defensive minded. Bayern use Tolisso, against us Leipzig used Laimer, City Fernandes or Rodri. Man Utd have brought Matic back from the cold, Leicester have Ndidi, Chelsea have Kante, Atletico have Partay, Barcelona Busquets, Real Madrid have Casemiro.

He is exactly what we need to immediately improve the shape of our team and stop it being so easy for the opposition to pick up the ball in time and space in central areas in our half of the pitch. Is he the best player in the World?.... No... However if we’d had him in there doing his thing this season I think we’d be in the top four at the moment due to the team actually having the right balance.

I’ve said many times that my first choice here would be Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, but our lack of funds along with Leeds’ likely promotion probably makes that signing impossible.

Last edited:
Hojbjerg isn’t just a stopper. He is good on the ball in terms of both his passing and dribbling. He is also pretty mobile. Him in the team would give us a platform to play Lo Celso and Ndombele ahead of him in a 4-3-3 or allow us to have Winks Or Lo Celso alongside as the double Pivot in a 4-2-3-1.
He is exactly what we need to immediately improve the shape of our team and stop it being so easy for the opposition to pick up the ball in time and space in central areas in our half of the pitch. Is he the best player in the World?.... No... However if we’d had him in there doing his thing this season I think we’d be in the top four at the moment due to the team actually having the right balance.

I’ve said many times that my first choice here would be Kalvin Phillips from Leeds, but our lack of funds along with Leeds’ likely promotion probably makes that signing impossible.
Well I’ve just looked at Holdbergs stats and their actually really good
I did a comparison with winks and he has a higher number of passes, admittedly a higher % failing but I guess that’s ambition

Philips is quality but won’t leave if they go up

Attachments

• 24B786C4-1A96-48FF-A87C-276AA8E6234D.png
    24B786C4-1A96-48FF-A87C-276AA8E6234D.png
    953.7 KB · Views: 10
Their gambling heavy on selling some players for big money which I don’t see happening myself

Saudi Sportswashing Machine with new owners might go for Barkley. Not sure what else they have that's worth anything. Willian and Pedro's contracts are expiring, would free up some wages.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine with new owners might go for Barkley. Not sure what else they have that's worth anything. Willian and Pedro's contracts are expiring, would free up some wages.
Barkley
Alonso
Batbrick
That’s £50m for them unless they get someone with cash

Jorginho can’t defend... hence why teams target him. Fernandinho I agree but he is now gone and being played CB. They play the Spanish and who isn’t a DM (although I assumed he was)
Fabinho ... he is more of a hybrid IMO but he is good at defensive work I agree
Jorginho is pretty good at defending, but he makes lots of mistakes when put under pressure in the build up. And he's slow as fudge. But that's not the same as being bad at defending, which he isn't.

Back