• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Also, How come none of these French teams like Lille, Nice, Toulouse ever keep a good batch of players together for more than a season and make a decent run at the title? Its like they are happy with the model of selling for profit and maintaining their existence. I know its easier said than done but at least once you would think one of these teams could mount a challenge one year.

-The chance of beating P$G is still slim.
-Prize money and reputation in France isn't great.
-You can still make champions League seller one big £ player regularly.
-The reputation of selling into big teams is arguably bigger than winning League 1.
-You keep attracting players as a stepping stone rather than them choosing to go somewhere else and be loaned out (see Chelsea).
-If one of them gets an injury - instant value gone.
-Or turns out to be not quite the full picture (see ndombele and many others.)

Sad state of affairs.

Again we need to improve our scouting and or bring in the DoF at Lille.

Who did Toulouse buy this guy from? Like ndombele and some others we should be finding them first, before Toulouse or Lyon got them.

That way they cost €3m Instead of €20m-€60m.

A lot of people need to be sacked imo and new scouts bought in. Who found nkoudou, njie etc? Why didnt they find this Toulouse guy and ndombele before Lyon bought him? If they are still here sack them now please.
Difficult to argue against better scouting.

I think we should know our place in the football hierarchy though.

Would Ndombele and Sangare have improved as much of they had moved to us or a similar PL team at a younger age? Impossible to know. Would they even have gotten enough first team football to develop?

There are a lot of €3m fotballers out there and easy to point out in hindsight who we "should have signed". A lot harder to actually know ahead of time who will improve to a top player. These kinds of signings should only be a part of our approach.

Often a team does well for a season or two in the transfer market, then they're seen as doing the right thing and we should just get their DoF/scout/whatever. But sometimes at least I think it's just that there are a lot of clubs out there and some succeed for a couple of years because they got a bit lucky.

I do want Campos though. I think he's a wanted man though.

Not sure if I missed it elsewhere, another DM? (Jose to play two DM's and hit on counter?)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/tottenham-very-interested-in-ibrahim-sangare-tottenham/

Tottenham very interested in Ibrahim Sangaré (Toulouse)

Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have intense interest in Ivorian midfielder and Toulouse man Ibrahim Sangaré, according to our colleague Mohamed Toubache-TER.

Spurs have been following the 22-year-old for an extended period of time, but there is nothing concrete at the moment.

Les Violets do not feel under pressure to sell him, but if they were to come to the negotiating table, a fee of between €15m to €20m excluding bonuses will be the target.

Stick an N’ in front of him and I’m in.

Not sure if I missed it elsewhere, another DM? (Jose to play two DM's and hit on counter?)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/tottenham-very-interested-in-ibrahim-sangare-tottenham/

Tottenham very interested in Ibrahim Sangaré (Toulouse)

Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have intense interest in Ivorian midfielder and Toulouse man Ibrahim Sangaré, according to our colleague Mohamed Toubache-TER.

Spurs have been following the 22-year-old for an extended period of time, but there is nothing concrete at the moment.

Les Violets do not feel under pressure to sell him, but if they were to come to the negotiating table, a fee of between €15m to €20m excluding bonuses will be the target.
Weren't they (not saying he is) sh.it last year and relegated with 13 PTS?.

Can't wait to hear his song belted out from the stands

Tottenham want macaron

Tottenham have added Real Betis striker Loren macaron to their list of striker targets, report Mundo Deportivo.

The Liga club have already rejected an offer worth around £11m from an unnamed club as they look for closer to £18m.

macaron has a release clause of £45m but Betis are in financial trouble so ready to cash in. West Ham are also interested.

Just read that Juventus have terminated Sami Khedira’s contract.

Worth it on a free? Maybe he wouldn’t want any wages, so could fit right into our pay structure!

Back