• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Eh? Where the hell do you get this idea from??
Is there a more un-Poch like player in the PL??
What, fast, pacy and skilful? If youre referring to work rate, then that's something Poch can coach into his ethos. We need this type of player with an X factor, and Poch isn't stupid he will know this is the one real thing missing from this side....

What, fast, pacy and skilful? If youre referring to work rate, then that's something Poch can coach into his ethos. We need this type of player with an X factor, and Poch isn't stupid he will know this is the one real thing missing from this side....
I would be very, VERY worried if we are hoping that Pochettino can coach work rate into somebody as I'm not sure that it is something that can be coached.

Is Mahrez a lazy player though? I can't say I have watched him enough to know either way but I thought that Leicester's whole game plan last season relied on the whole team working hard. Could they afford to carry Mahrez as a passenger?

Mahrez would be a fantastic signing in my opinion, can play in those positions in 2 behind kane or can play wide in a 3, has goals, assists and something special!

Would defo be looking at him in the summer, plus he has won the premier league.

Leicester didn't win the league by carrying him, they where well drilled, just in a different style! He is 26 I think so a very good age!

Mahrez would be a fantastic signing in my opinion, can play in those positions in 2 behind kane or can play wide in a 3, has goals, assists and something special!

Would defo be looking at him in the summer, plus he has won the premier league.

Leicester didn't win the league by carrying him, they where well drilled, just in a different style! He is 26 I think so a very good age!

He's 29. Not a chance we'll sign him

He's 29. Not a chance we'll sign him

He is 26 according to Wiki

Anyway i think Mahrez will be a bit too expensive

I see Poch keeping Lamela and using Edwards more next season.

However if we are looking for a Mahrez type, someone who works mainly on the right but is left footed and can come inside then how about the lad at Ajax, Hakim Ziyech. Not seen much of him apart from youtube vids and highlights, but he looks to be an interesting talent.

I would be very, VERY worried if we are hoping that Pochettino can coach work rate into somebody as I'm not sure that it is something that can be coached.

Is Mahrez a lazy player though? I can't say I have watched him enough to know either way but I thought that Leicester's whole game plan last season relied on the whole team working hard. Could they afford to carry Mahrez as a passenger?
I wasn't saying Mahrez is lazy. But the workrate/energy levels must be higher at Spurs than most other clubs so regardless of how hardworking you are, you are most likely going to have to up it a level or two when you join a Poch team. Luxury players such as Mahrez aren't typically the most industrious, I think Eriksen has upped his levels since Poch came in and Im sure Mahrez would do the same....

Lets get into the retaining or our own players and the wages we currently pay.

I read or saw it posted somewhere that our current wage bill is around the 120m mark? can someone confirm the numbers? we need to look at retaining out best players. They are young, they are hungry but if we value them at high costs then they will want to be paid like that. So I can see easily how they can get their heads turned. No matter how well the club is doing we have seen that over the years players still want to be paid. They may take a little less to say at a good team etc but they wont take a whole lot less.

So how are our wages averaging out? None of the players are on over 100k a week apart from Kane? IF all our first 11 players were on 100k a week ( which they are not ) then that would add up to about 52m a year. So a Squad of 22 players on 100k would add up to 104m. So I just dont get the 120m million we are paying out? our our win bonuses etc really that high?

I suppose what I am trying to say. Is with the increase in TV money, and CL football again. Surely we are in a position as a club to pay these players ( the first team players ) over the 100k mark and more. IF we can keep this squad then we are in a position where we only need to sprinkle in 1 or 2 signings a year.

Im probably way off the mark with a lot of this. But that is why I am posting this. I want to know more about how we pay, what we pay and how we can retain our players. Our future is bright. But lets not kid ourselves. Players want to be paid. We will get some hometown discount but not 50%.

Lets get into the retaining or our own players and the wages we currently pay.

I read or saw it posted somewhere that our current wage bill is around the 120m mark? can someone confirm the numbers? we need to look at retaining out best players. They are young, they are hungry but if we value them at high costs then they will want to be paid like that. So I can see easily how they can get their heads turned. No matter how well the club is doing we have seen that over the years players still want to be paid. They may take a little less to say at a good team etc but they wont take a whole lot less.

So how are our wages averaging out? None of the players are on over 100k a week apart from Kane? IF all our first 11 players were on 100k a week ( which they are not ) then that would add up to about 52m a year. So a Squad of 22 players on 100k would add up to 104m. So I just dont get the 120m million we are paying out? our our win bonuses etc really that high?

I suppose what I am trying to say. Is with the increase in TV money, and CL football again. Surely we are in a position as a club to pay these players ( the first team players ) over the 100k mark and more. IF we can keep this squad then we are in a position where we only need to sprinkle in 1 or 2 signings a year.

Im probably way off the mark with a lot of this. But that is why I am posting this. I want to know more about how we pay, what we pay and how we can retain our players. Our future is bright. But lets not kid ourselves. Players want to be paid. We will get some hometown discount but not 50%.

Your forgetting wages of all staff including coaches, none first team, executives, cleaners, stewards etc...

Seems like everyone is lining up to shout through their big gobs about 'so many stars wanting to leave'. Really? I mean really? Simon Jordan being the latest... It's quite broing really.

Your forgetting wages of all staff including coaches, none first team, executives, cleaners, stewards etc...

Levy and Poch are both on significant amounts individually, and then, as you pointed out, there's the rest of the staff - only a fraction of the budget compared to the amount allocated to the players, but still significant.

He's still bitter about Bostock.

Well Jamie Redknapp has confirmed Walker is off to city in his column today (cofnriend maybe the wrong word)

If we only lose him I'll take that as he is brilliant but we have a very good cover player and a youth player who is an oustahnding prospect

Back