• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project are weighing up an incredible straight swap of Alexis Sanchez and Argentine forward Sergio Aguero.

Discussions are already said to have taken place about the South American pair swapping clubs this summer, according to the exclusive report in the Daily Star.

Everton have had a £30m bid rejected for Swansea’s Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The Toffees have made an early impact in this summer’s transfer window after splashing out big money for Sunderland keeper Jordan Pickford and Ajax captain Davy Klaasen.

Ronald Koeman is also expecting to tie-up a deal for Malaga striker Sandro Ramirez straight after the European Under-21 Championship, but Sigurdsson is proving trickier to land, according to the report in the Daily Mirror.

Chelsea are ready to set a new transfer record this week by signing Alex Sandro and Tiemoue Bakayoko for a combined £100million (Daily Mirror)

Bookies have slashed the odds on Tottenham striker Harry Kane signing for Manchester United from 20/1 to 6/1 (Daily Star)

However, Tottenham have laughed off United’s interest in the England star, with chairman Daniel Levy valuing Kane at close to a whopping £200m. (Independent)

Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project are weighing up an incredible straight swap of Alexis Sanchez and Argentine forward Sergio Aguero.

Discussions are already said to have taken place about the South American pair swapping clubs this summer, according to the exclusive report in the Daily Star.

Everton have had a £30m bid rejected for Swansea’s Icelandic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson.

The Toffees have made an early impact in this summer’s transfer window after splashing out big money for Sunderland keeper Jordan Pickford and Ajax captain Davy Klaasen.

Ronald Koeman is also expecting to tie-up a deal for Malaga striker Sandro Ramirez straight after the European Under-21 Championship, but Sigurdsson is proving trickier to land, according to the report in the Daily Mirror.

Chelsea are ready to set a new transfer record this week by signing Alex Sandro and Tiemoue Bakayoko for a combined £100million (Daily Mirror)

Bookies have slashed the odds on Tottenham striker Harry Kane signing for Manchester United from 20/1 to 6/1 (Daily Star)

However, Tottenham have laughed off United’s interest in the England star, with chairman Daniel Levy valuing Kane at close to a whopping £200m. (Independent)

How much did Everton pay for Klaasen?

Straight swap. Can't believe anyone falls for that bullcrap nowadays. When did a straight swap ever happen; let alone at this level?

I believe the correct answer is never.

Not sure if anyone had chance to listen to the e-spurs podcast, they did a two part with Lyall Thomas (Sky) to discuss Spurs transfers/targets, quick highlights (his view)

- Club looking at #10, RB (in case) and potentially CB (if Wimmer goes)
- Walker is not a done deal, City want him, we are not pushed to sell, player is not forcing move, comes down to if City wants to pay over the top
- Not interested in Gray, Mahrez, Zaha (basically club not longer looking at wingers with view of 3 at back model)
- Lamar & Isco are just pipe dreams, neither club really looking to sell and while we would want them, would likely be priced out by other clubs interest
- We are interested in Barkley, but not at Everton's current price

No real surprises I expect, his comment is the club is quite comfortable with squad and objectives for summer.

Not sure if anyone had chance to listen to the e-spurs podcast, they did a two part with Lyall Thomas (Sky) to discuss Spurs transfers/targets, quick highlights (his view)

- Club looking at #10, RB (in case) and potentially CB (if Wimmer goes)
- Walker is not a done deal, City want him, we are not pushed to sell, player is not forcing move, comes down to if City wants to pay over the top
- Not interested in Gray, Mahrez, Zaha (basically club not longer looking at wingers with view of 3 at back model)
- Lamar & Isco are just pipe dreams, neither club really looking to sell and while we would want them, would likely be priced out by other clubs interest
- We are interested in Barkley, but not at Everton's current price

No real surprises I expect, his comment is the club is quite comfortable with squad and objectives for summer.

Sounds like a reasonable assessment. If Walker isn't bitching about moving, then there's no chance in hell we'll sell him. So what if we can get silly money (whatever that is these days), I'd rather have the best right back in the league. Hoping we're going for someone other than Barkley though.

Sounds like a reasonable assessment. If Walker isn't bitching about moving, then there's no chance in hell we'll sell him. So what if we can get silly money (whatever that is these days), I'd rather have the best right back in the league. Hoping we're going for someone other than Barkley though.

If we get an offer we deem too good we will give Walker the option... sensible business to me

Agree.

Hopefully they won't pay up for Walker and we won't have the cash to sign Barkley.

We have to be careful because if you stand still in reality you end up going backwards.
We do have some fabulous players but one or two exciting additions would freshen things up.

The commentary was

- We are definitely in for a #10, with Barkley being an option, however our valuation and Everton's are far apart at moment, we are continuing to look at other options, Everton feels like its too early in window to let Barkley go for a lower price. Not said, but seemed like by time they come down, we may have another option or two.
- We also have to remember we could have Winks, Rose & Lamela all back in squad by October, that in itself could help squad depth/quality considerably.

if you stand still in reality you end up going backwards.

I think that's the worst cliche in football. And not true at all.

The EPL has been declining in standard for much of the last decade. If you stand still, all the badly run clubs keep dropping off behind you

The EPL has been declining in standard for much of the last decade. If you stand still, all the badly run clubs keep dropping off behind you

Sorry I disagree. The standard of English football is not declining. Look at our defence FFS. Goalkeepers are now much better with their feet. Wing backs were never as dynamic as they are now. Add to that the increased fitness levels and pace at which the game is played for a majority of the 90 minutes and to me you a superior game to even 8-10 years ago. Can you imagine Donkey Adams & co dealing with the speed/cohesion of our pressing?

As for the standing still argument, if we rest on our laurels and keep plugging away with the players we had last season it will bite us in the arse. Complacency might creep in and we're already stretched in a couple of areas as it is. Kane has little to no cover, Wimmer isn't good enough to step in for Dier, Toby or Verts and I personally don't like the idea of a Champions League campaign with Wanyama, Dembele, Winks being our central midfielders. Onomah might be worth investigating but he's hardly played much time in that position for us.

**** ITK Alert ****

I have it on good authority that we're not going to announce any signings until our new kit is released.

Expect a flourish of activity in the days/weeks following the Nike announcement.

Pinch of salt, cross my heart etc, etc.

**** ITK Alert ****

I have it on good authority that we're not going to announce any signings until our new kit is released.

Expect a flourish of activity in the days/weeks following the Nike announcement.

Pinch of salt, cross my heart etc, etc.

flimflam. Given our negotiating tactics, I don't see us signing anyone til well into August

But it is true. You have to continue to make improvements each summer. Take last summer where we signed Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama and Nkoudou. yes 3 failed but Wanyama was a big success and an integral cog in our successful league campaign.

Liverpool bought a number of players but it was the single signing of Mane that made a huge difference and took them into the top 4.

Kante and Alonso at Chelski played a huge part in winning them the league.

We are in a position where we don't have to make major changes. However as I said just 1 or 2 additions who can make an impact will keep us up there challenging and not falling back.

Back