• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

...and yet when he's played for Wales he's been outstanding. Maybe because he's the main man, at Real he's well down the pecking order.

Put him in the right club and he'll be back to his best.

We're already 1 short at CB as it is.

However, now that Neymar has gone, Barca are pretty likely to move for Coutinho, which will mean Liverpool can pay the stupid money Soton want for Van Dijk, which means that they can pay us what we demand for Wimmer....and then we can squirrel it away! More seriously, I have no problem selling Wimmer as I dont rate him as highly as some people on here, however I do think we already need 1 more CB so that leaves us 2 short

As long as they don't take it upon themselves to try unsettling Eriksen.

We're already 1 short at CB as it is.

However, now that Neymar has gone, Barca are pretty likely to move for Coutinho, which will mean Liverpool can pay the stupid money Soton want for Van Dijk, which means that they can pay us what we demand for Wimmer....and then we can squirrel it away! More seriously, I have no problem selling Wimmer as I dont rate him as highly as some people on here, however I do think we already need 1 more CB so that leaves us 2 short

Chelsea are upping the chase for VVD as well.

We can't seriously consider selling Wimmer without getting someone in first.

Right, I don't think anybody was saying he hadn't had some great moments (3 CLs in 4 years is amazing), but there are so many more players in that team who are more impactful. The only title they won was when he missed a huge chunk of the season and was routinely subbed. Madrid fans were rightfully glad he didn't start the CL Final and many think he shouldn't be in the XI this season either.

He's 28 and should be in the prime of his career. I'm not sure this is where he thought he'd be when he left.
He's just been niggled by persistent/re-occuring injuries.....that is all.

...and yet when he's played for Wales he's been outstanding. Maybe because he's the main man, at Real he's well down the pecking order.

Put him in the right club and he'll be back to his best.
I think you could be right there.......and although we are a lot better now i think he would flourish again in our current set-up.

if we stick it on Bale and his wages i might not be too bothered :D

*In that eventuality*....no, not even then. And I say that as a man who still loves Gaz too deeply to be wholly comfortable with. :p

Maybe Dele for 120-150m, if we *had* to choose in order to get Bale back. Bale could adopt Dele's role without too much of an issue, perhaps - he'd lack Dele's close control in tight spaces and footballing intelligence more broadly, but he'd add a brute physicality, speed and ability to shoot from range that would negate the losses we'd suffer as a result of Dele leaving (whenever Bale's fit, anyway).

But replacing Eriksen with Bale wouldn't work. Totally different roles.

i wasn't being entirely serious...

though im sure we could switch to a 433, play Alli Kane Bale up top and bring in a creative CM to play alongside Dembele and Wanyama if we had to make it work

i wasn't being entirely serious...

though im sure we could switch to a 433, play Alli Kane Bale up top and bring in a creative CM to play alongside Dembele and Wanyama if we had to make it work

But I thought we were saving all the dosh for a whack at getting Gareth? :p

He's just been niggled by persistent/re-occuring injuries.....that is all.

Injuries have been huge, but not sure that's all it is. He's only been in the Top 10 of the Balon D'or rankings once, and even in his best season couldn't crack the Top 5. In four full seasons, he hasn't been able to cement himself as a club talisman and still isn't even the most important ex-Spurs player in the squad. Most Real fans seem to be happy to see him go, and even in this ultra-inflated market, they may need to sell him at a loss.

Back