• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

There seems to be a consensus that Bojan couldn't hold the ball up because he is short, yet we don't long balls into Kane, the ball is usually at his feet - so that theory is nonsense.

I think Bojan would do fine as he drops off and plays just in front of the opposition defence, much like Kane.
He is not as strong as Kane (who is a beast!) but handles himself well enough against PL defenders to be a backup/rotation option

There seems to be a consensus that Bojan couldn't hold the ball up because he is short, yet we don't long balls into Kane, the ball is usually at his feet - so that theory is nonsense.

I think Bojan would do fine as he drops off and plays just in front of the opposition defence, much like Kane.
He is not as strong as Kane (who is a beast!) but handles himself well enough against PL defenders to be a backup/rotation option
It's not our main tactic but we do hit a few long high balls up to Kane. What is more pertinent though is that we fire quite a few longish passes into Kane's feet and expect him to be able to control, hold off the centre half and bring our 7/10/11 into the game.

I

I agree, although this reasoning leads me to Berahino rather than Bojan

What d'you mean, we don't do long balls into Kane?

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/22/mauricio-pochettino/

That is arguably the key that holds our attacking play together! A quick ball to Kane, who brings it down (usually chests it down, although occasionally he does head it back to the supporting AM as well) and then either turns looking for runners moving beyond the defense or waits for support to arrive by holding it up. Lambert did it to perfection at S'oton, Kane does it here.

No way in a million years can Bojan accomplish the same thing.

Michy Batshuayi will be going nowhere this month, according to L'Equipe. The in-demand striker is reportedly set to sign a new deal with Marseille until 2020.
From the goal.com transfer ticker thingie...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have bid 19m euros for lacazette according to l'equipe. We should be all over this if he's available shouldn't we? Not that I'be seen much of him, I'm a fraud going on reputation alone!

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have bid 19m euros for lacazette according to l'equipe. We should be all over this if he's available shouldn't we? Not that I'be seen much of him, I'm a fraud going on reputation alone!

He's another wide forward though. And I wouldn't say better than Lamela or Son.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine are throwing that sort of money around to buy their way out of relegation, I'm pretty sure that's where Berahino will end up.

He's another wide forward though. And I wouldn't say better than Lamela or Son.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine are throwing that sort of money around to buy their way out of relegation, I'm pretty sure that's where Berahino will end up.

I think he mostly leads the line for Lyon and rarely plays out wide for them. N'jie was his parter towards the end of last season and he would play off of Lacazette, dropping deep or drifting wide

Last edited:
I think he mostly leads the line for Lyon and rarely plays out wide for them. N'jie was his parter towards the end of last season and he would play off of Lacazette, dropping deep or drifting wide
That's what I thought.... Lacazette is their main CF... although he is a relative short-a rse at only 5ft 9".

Independent links us to Adalberto Penaranda, 18 year old Venezuelan striker with Udinese, currently on loan at Granada. Never heard of him but the obligatory compilation video is pretty impressive stuff.

What trick did we miss with him? Haven't Barcelona got a rather reasonable buy back fee on him? I don't think a deal like that would interest Pochettino with the way that he seems to like planning long term.
Think if they just buy back to sell they need to give Everton half

Saudi Sportswashing Machine need to relax a bit. Didn't they just sign Mitrovic? I'd have thought they'd still want to give him time to settle before throwing more money at the same position. Their whole team needs an overhaul. Not sure I'd be beginning with another striker if I was them.

Apparently Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a £22m bid accepted for Lacazettes but he told them to fudge off.

Surely for that price we should be in for him?

Signing a new contract probably takes him from 15-20mill to 30mill+ .He won't be coming to us.

It's essentially a year extension. His deal ran until June 2019 and is now until June 2020. He won't be going anywhere in January but I would be very surprised if he was still with Marseille at the end of August. strikes me as nothing other than being able to add a little value their end prior to a likely sale. Would be a good signing for us imo, I have liked the little I have seen of him and he strikes me as ticking a lot of boxes in terms of fitting in being young, physical, Belgian etc.

It's essentially a year extension. His deal ran until June 2019 and is now until June 2020. He won't be going anywhere in January but I would be very surprised if he was still with Marseille at the end of August. strikes me as nothing other than being able to add a little value their end prior to a likely sale. Would be a good signing for us imo, I have liked the little I have seen of him and he strikes me as ticking a lot of boxes in terms of fitting in being young, physical, Belgian etc.

We're not going to pay £30m for a back-up CF

Signing a new contract probably takes him from 15-20mill to 30mill+ .He won't be coming to us.

I don't think he was ever a £15-20m player at this point (this summer, January). Everything that's been said has pointed towards a significantly higher fee.

Apparently Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a £22m bid accepted for Lacazettes but he told them to fudge off.

Surely for that price we should be in for him?

Source?

This also seems well below what's been reported before.

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...ing_impressive_bundesliga_youngster_1_4368812

Interesting. A player I remember being quite highly rated with Shaqiri the season before they moved, might have been 11/12? Anyone been keeping tabs on him for Monchengladbach in the last years or so?

3 years plus a 1 year option left on his contract possibly an expensive deal.

Good player from what I've seen. Not really an area where we need to invest heavily (imo).

Back