• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Inaki Williams is the tits.
Based only on his you tube highlights, Inaki Williams doesn't seem much different than what we have, whereas berahino seems more of a goal scorer which is what we need IMO. Berahino is still my number one choice and perhaps gettable as his head has been turned so to speak.

Liverpool and Chelsea among Premier League big guns battling for Charlton Athletic starlet

Emirates Marketing Project, Tottenham and Brighton are also tracking the in-demand 18 year-old, who has enjoyed a meteoric rise over the last 18 months

Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool have joined the hunt for Charlton's teenage starlet Ademola Lookman.

Scouts from City, Chelsea and Spurs were at Brighton on Saturday to run the rule over Lookman and saw him score his first professional goal in the Addingdongs' 3-2 defeat.

Arsenal were also present and have now watched all five of Lookman's Charlton appearances.

The in-demand 18 year-old, who can play wide or up front, has enjoyed a meteoric rise over the last 18 months.

He was playing parks football for south London-based side Waterloo FC before being picked up by
Charlton in 2014 and progressing rapidly through their academy setup to the first team.

Ademola has started Charlton's last three games and only made his debut against MK Dons last month.

But it was his youth team performances that first alerted the Premier League's big guns – Lookman scored 16 times for Charlton's under-18s and under-21s this season before earning his first-team breakthrough.

Charlton want to tie Lookman down to a new deal but their hopes could be scuppered due to the mounting interest.

City are keen to buy Lookman in January and loan him back to Charlton while their top-flight rivals are also keeping tabs and weighing up new year bids.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-chelsea-among-premier-league-6966944

Rabiot in on loan
Sell Townsend and fazio
Right winger
Striker .. Maybe even another young tough defensive midfielder too to challenge dier .. Important player and keeps us solid but lad needs rest now n then ..

Can't see much business been done till last few days in January again . West brom will want an auction for Berahino n will play hard ball again as will levy..

Why on earth would you want Rabiot on loan? He's not as good as Dier, probably not Bentaleb either, and is kicking up a fuss at not getting gametime at PSG.

And we're very well stocked with AMs too - Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Njie, Onomah and Pritchard (even excluding Townsend and Carroll) for 3 spots

Why on earth would you want Rabiot on loan? He's not as good as Dier, probably not Bentaleb either, and is kicking up a fuss at not getting gametime at PSG.

And we're very well stocked with AMs too - Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Njie, Onomah and Pritchard (even excluding Townsend and Carroll) for 3 spots

Bold claim. With no way to justify it.

From what little I have seen of Rabiot he would be more in competition with Alli/Dembele for the spot beside Dier. I was watching him closely versus RM the other week and that was where he played pretty much, box to box, and he was superb in that match actually. In saying that I've also seen him be totally anonymous in games for PSG but I guess that inconsistency can partly be explained by his age.

He certainly has something to be sure but I'm not sure that something is what we need, so I agree with you on this. I'd be surprised if we followed up on any reported interest.

Rabiot in on loan
Sell Townsend and fazio
Right winger
Striker .. Maybe even another young tough defensive midfielder too to challenge dier .. Important player and keeps us solid but lad needs rest now n then ..

Can't see much business been done till last few days in January again . West brom will want an auction for Berahino n will play hard ball again as will levy..
This season we never had all midfielders fully fit and available .. With fully fit 14 or 15 the Way I see it its dier alli or mason or bentaleb for the two dm roles . Dembele can play there but more effective further up as I believe alli is too .. For me bentaleb is over rated and over hyped . I just don't see it and a terrible passer of ball always pulttibg fellow teammates in trouble with silly passes .. Anyway my point is upgrade should be sought .. Mason I like but again he can be flaky and be very careless and dier is a player we would hugely miss I think if injured so for me a player of real quality is needed to add competition in there ..personally every time I seen rabiot I liked look of him but with hopefully a lot of cup games and league games coming thick n fast in new year and threat of burn out for some younger players I would def be looking at beefing up dm position for sure . If lad from psg is available on loan it's a no brainer ..

I really don't think we'll be able to improve on Bentaleb as our 4th choice CM. He's an outstanding prospect

Baring in mind Poch likes a tight 22/25 man squad, rather than accumulating players (the squad is about 12 players net smaller than when he took over), I think we need to get into the mindset of 1 in (including academy promotions), 1 out. I think Townsend and Carroll are already baggy and will be let go without being replaced.

Therefore if we bring in a CM, it will mean letting Bentaleb go. If we bring in a WF (or promote Oduwa), it will mean letting Chadli go. Etc.

With Townsend and Carroll being the last of our slack (Fazio will need replacing, but hopefully by MV or 2CV), maintaining the zero net spend with 1 in 1 out will be tougher too.

Exclusive: Tottenham lead Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd in battle for 'new Ashley Cole'

TOTTENHAM are leading the race to sign Walsall left-back Rico Henry - dubbed the "new Ashley Cole".

Spurs are battling Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project for the young defender.

But the north London club have moved first by making an inquiry after he caught the eye of watching Premier League scouts with a series of good displays for the League One side this season.

Tottenham got in touch with the Saddlers asking them to virtually name their price for the 18-year-old.

A Spurs insider told Express Sport: "Henry is perfect for the Spurs side that Mauricio Pochettino wants to build – and the lad can play left midfield as well so has real versatility.

"It's going to be a question of the right price because everyone is watching the situation carefully."

Henry signed a new five-year contract with Walsall in October and former boss Dean Smith insisted last month the club would only sell for a huge offer.

"It's going to take a hell of a lot of money to take Rico away from this football club," Smith said.

"Every player has a price don't they? We all know that.

"But it would take a very big offer and I'm not sure he'd want to go, at the moment, as well."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...d-Rico-Henry-Ashley-Cole-Transfer-News-Gossip

I really don't think we'll be able to improve on Bentaleb as our 4th choice CM. He's an outstanding prospect

Baring in mind Poch likes a tight 22/25 man squad, rather than accumulating players (the squad is about 12 players net smaller than when he took over), I think we need to get into the mindset of 1 in (including academy promotions), 1 out. I think Townsend and Carroll are already baggy and will be let go without being replaced.

Therefore if we bring in a CM, it will mean letting Bentaleb go. If we bring in a WF (or promote Oduwa), it will mean letting Chadli go. Etc.

With Townsend and Carroll being the last of our slack (Fazio will need replacing, but hopefully by MV or 2CV), maintaining the zero net spend with 1 in 1 out will be tougher too.

I don't see us going for CM soon (unless it was a stupid good deal for a WC player)

- Carroll, Townsend, Fazio will probably be in some stages of out.
- CF is the priority (finished or close to finished article)

'Rico Henry' sounds more like an Ar.se.an.al player than a Spur. Maybe he will move from left back to left wing to Gareth Bale, goalscorer

Rico Henry's a good talent, very quick. With Rose and Davies here though I can't see what our plan would be if we were to sign him.

Rico Henry's a good talent, very quick. With Rose and Davies here though I can't see what our plan would be if we were to sign him.

By the time he's ready for regular PL football I don't think both of them will still be here. They might not even both be here next season.

By the time he's ready for regular PL football I don't think both of them will still be here. They might not even both be here next season.

Yep I could see Davies going in the summer so we could need a new understudy, rose is good enough for first choice, which is something I never thought I would say a few years ago.

Yep I could see Davies going in the summer so we could need a new understudy, rose is good enough for first choice, which is something I never thought I would say a few years ago.

I think the end of this season would be too soon for Davies to move on, maybe the end of next season if he still hasn't managed to usurp Rose

Back