• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I'm not commenting on his qualities as a player. He's done enough to show that he can be very effective in the PL. I was just saying that the noises coming out of the club and the players that we were solidly linked to last summer suggest that Poch wanted a different type of player.

Ah, this is a different point to what Vega was initially making, and I think your observation is valid

I get the impression that Klopp is savvy enough to know how to best utilise Benteke

Said this summer (not on here) that I was doubtful about Benteke at Liverpool under Rodgers. Rodgers seemed to struggle to implement big strong strikers into his system...

Klopp did brilliantly with Lewandowski at Dortmund though. And arguably he was the one player they didn't manage to compensate for losing. Not that Benteke is quite at that level (for now at least), but Klopp certainly knows how to use a big strong centre forward. And Benteke has enough about him to be more than just a target man.

So Bayern are in for Kane too. Let's say they do offer £50m. Would you sell, if you were Levy?

Auf wiedersehen Harry?
When you've got Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller as forwards, some would say that chasing Harry Kane is just plain greedy. But no, The Sun reports that Bayern Munich are "looking at stars for the future" and could make look to beat Manchester United to a £50 million deal for the Tottenham talisman next summer.

England international Kane found his scoring touch again with a hat trick at Bournemouth last weekend, and The Sun suggests that Bayern have scouted the 22-year-old three times with a view to a potential move. Spanish paper Sport reports that Bayern hope to convince Kane on an Allianz Arena move with news that coach Pep Guardiola is "very close" to a contract extension.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is understandably keen on keeping Kane at White Hart Lane, but any potential interest from the Bundesliga champions will be music to his ears if it sparks United into putting together a package in the same region as the eye-watering £58 million Monaco may well receive for Anthony Martial.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/transf...ane-wanted-by-bayern-munich-manchester-united

Levy has essentially never sold any of our best players without the player forcing a move and whilst extracting huge money from the buying club.

I honestly don't think £50m is a huge bid in this market. And everything coming from Kane indicates that he wants to stay at Spurs for at least a while.

He will be a 1 in 2 striker his whole career which is pretty damn good going for any player regardless of style

He is at the wrong club IMO for how he plays but he is still scoring and will carry on doing so

You say he is at the wrong club I say he has the right manager

You say he is at the wrong club I say he has the right manager

That might be the case now, we will see

I do think they need a big purge of players though to get in ones that suits Klopps style I also think he like his forwards to do a lot more work than Benteke does

I'm a fan of Benteke but don't see him suiting liverpoo at the moment

Let's try and keep the Benteke and Klopp talk to general football please guys. Neither are likely to be joining us anytime soon.

Levy has essentially never sold any of our best players without the player forcing a move and whilst extracting huge money from the buying club.

I honestly don't think £50m is a huge bid in this market. And everything coming from Kane indicates that he wants to stay at Spurs for at least a while.
I know he hasn't, but do you rate Harry at £50m? With that money we could get a Berahino and Embolo. I'm not saying we should sell him and I don't think Levy would. He's the Spurs poster boy and I'm thrilled we have him. But it does pose an interesting dilemma, especially if there are good players available that we could get.

I know he hasn't, but do you rate Harry at £50m? With that money we could get a Berahino and Embolo. I'm not saying we should sell him and I don't think Levy would. He's the Spurs poster boy and I'm thrilled we have him. But it does pose an interesting dilemma, especially if there are good players available that we could get.

Maybe we could sell Bale for £100m and buy 7 players with that!

Moneyball doesn't work. Quality is scarce and 8/10 transfers flop. Keep what you've got

To me "rating a player at £Xm" sounds a lot like an attempt at an objective value rating. Something that becomes very difficult at the highest level imo. I think to us he's worth a lot more than £50m and I would be perfectly happy for Levy to find his old fax template from when Chelsea were after Modric to respond (the one that just says "NO" in big letters) if an offer like that came in.

Replacing top class players that are currently a great fit in your system is proving very difficult for most teams. Particularly for those competing at a very high level in the PL. Again, perhaps the added objective value of Berahino and Embolo is higher, but we could only play one of them at the time instead of Kane and our team in most games would be much weaker as a result. If there are long term gains they wouldn't outweigh the short term losses (and direct consequences to long term planning that usually result). There's also the continuing problem of finding good complete forwards like Kane. There's only a handful of them around and anyone we could sign to replace him in that role would be a big risk.

We could instead sell Townsend and just sign Embolo or Berahino. Or perhaps even sign one of them without selling anyone. We would almost certainly be stronger off.

As long as Kane himself is happy with staying it would literally take a world record fee before we should even consider selling "for the value".

Maybe we could sell Bale for £100m and buy 7 players with that!

Moneyball doesn't work. Quality is scarce and 8/10 transfers flop. Keep what you've got

Depends how you define Moneball. You can define it without a requirement of selling your best players to sign better overall value I think. We've done great with good value, low risk, high reward signings in recent years and should continue to make them. We just need to identify the striker version of Dier, Alli and Eriksen...

Around half of signings flop I think. And you have to plan for that. If a player is sold "for value" despite being happy to stay and a regular starter/star like Kane that has to be taken into consideration. The value has to be there even if half of the players signed end up flopping or making only a marginal impact. The likely immediate drop in quality also has to be taken into account and the financial impact of that is likely to be significant. Huge if it leads to disruptions and managerial changes as a result.

£100m seems not quite enough.

we have a good core of young players that can achieve greatness if they stick together ... dier and alli could dominate for many many years to come

Anderlecht soccer Thursday against Tottenham and so were the scouts of the English tradition club yesterday in the stands. They saw an old acquaintance at Anderlecht has grown and pulped. Andy Najar (22) showed with his goals against Mouscron that he has made sufficient progress in Anderlecht since his test at Tottenham in 2011.

The Anderlecht players are looking forward to the trip to London, but for Andy Najar is the match against Tottenham extra special. In 2011, when 18-year-old, the Anderlecht player went two-week internship at Spurs.He trained there when along with the then star Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart.

"That was amazing," said Najar. "Bale gave me good tips as a winger and Van der Vaart had a great technique. Just by looking at him, I learned at.Yet it was never ...

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20151101_01949976

Rest is behind a paywall, but he's apparently quoted as saying: "Would I like to play in the Premier League? Of course, that is a dream for any footballer, but there hasn't been more contact with Tottenham. I see the match on Thursday as a job."

Back