• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I disagree with you about Benteke, I think he is a very consistent league goal scorer

Do you think he will increase in value? The list of players i was quoting was ones they had paid big money for that i couldnt ever see them selling for more? I would say at £32m Benteke has peaked, he will never be a £50m forward.

Do you think he will increase in value? The list of players i was quoting was ones they had paid big money for that i couldnt ever see them selling for more? I would say at £32m Benteke has peaked, he will never be a £50m forward.

Vega, I think it is too premature to make an informed opinion as to whether Benteke has peaked at 24.

Besides, in an ideal world for Liverpool they would never want to sell him if was successful so that is irrelevant. Secondly, if he stays fit under a reinvigorated Liverpool his value could easily increase. Heck even Sturidge would be worth at least £40m with his goal scoring record if he stayed fit.

Indeed, he was the player I really wanted us to sign in the summer.

Not sure,
- does he score goals? = absolutely
- is involved in games, work in a team system/press/fluid positioning = not sure/doubtful

The guy is a bully of a CF who goes on very good scoring runs, but can also go missing for multiple games on a stretch

e.g. as comparison, when Kane was struggling to score early this season, he occupied defenders, pressed/defended, made runs, got into position, worked all game long.
I've seen Benteke games where you forget he's on the pitch at all

Not sure,
- does he score goals? = absolutely
- is involved in games, work in a team system/press/fluid positioning = not sure/doubtful

The guy is a bully of a CF who goes on very good scoring runs, but can also go missing for multiple games on a stretch

e.g. as comparison, when Kane was struggling to score early this season, he occupied defenders, pressed/defended, made runs, got into position, worked all game long.
I've seen Benteke games where you forget he's on the pitch at all

Have to disagree with you, there is a myth about Benteke being just a big lump and a bully which is just not true. He is a far more rounded player then that and leads the line well, he can hold the ball up and play in other players and he also works hard.

He would have been perfect to play in front of Kane ( who imo would be a better player in the role behind the main striker), its all irrelevant as we did not get him but he is a far better player then some portray him to be. (imo).

Have to disagree with you, there is a myth about Benteke being just a big lump and a bully which is just not true. He is a far more rounded player then that and leads the line well, he can hold the ball up and play in other players and he also works hard.

He would have been perfect to play in front of Kane ( who imo would be a better player in the role behind the main striker), its all irrelevant as we did not get him but he is a far better player then some portray him to be. (imo).

All the noises coming out of the club are that Poch wanted players who could play a couple of positions. Benteke does not fit this requirement.

All the noises coming out of the club are that Poch wanted players who could play a couple of positions. Benteke does not fit this requirement.

Maybe but as I say its all done with now, but he is a top player and as someone said earlier he will score a lot if used correctly.

Maybe but as I say its all done with now, but he is a top player and as someone said earlier he will score a lot if used correctly.

I'm not commenting on his qualities as a player. He's done enough to show that he can be very effective in the PL. I was just saying that the noises coming out of the club and the players that we were solidly linked to last summer suggest that Poch wanted a different type of player.

I'm not commenting on his qualities as a player. He's done enough to show that he can be very effective in the PL. I was just saying that the noises coming out of the club and the players that we were solidly linked to last summer suggest that Poch wanted a different type of player.

I know mate :)

Back