• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

He just gives me that impression. Didn't his agent come out and say a few weeks ago that he's refusing to sign a new contract and every club in the league would want to sign him? I know his agent said it, but they don't normally say things without the blessing of the player.

you're reaching. there is no reason to think he has an attitude problem whatsoever IMO. he doesnt come across it to me personally..except for the fact that he might not have much on pitch awareness and gets greedy with the ball.

doesnt yell at team mates, doesnt throw arms in the air, always has a bit of a humble look about him when the cameras catch him, works for his team...

maybe its jus the way he walks?

Moses - Jesus, I hope this is banter!

We should aim a little higher than over-performing average players having scored in 2 consecutive PL games from a relegation battling team, please

We should aim a little higher than over-performing average players having scored in 2 consecutive PL games from a relegation battling team, please

I wasn't a fan of the Scott Parker signing but in hindsight .........

True, but as a back-up, would he be terrible? 21, with potential. Has pace, good dribbling ability and has proven to be at the very least a capable PL striker. He could improve in time. Plus, he can cover a number of positions; he can play up-front and on both wings as an inside forward (As he's done for Wigan quite a lot over the past few seasons).

Decent buy, but only (ONLY!!!!!!!!) if we sign two other strikers to accompany him. Whether it's Ade+ one other or just two new ones is a matter of wages, but we have to sign three striker this summer. Defoe, I'm assuming will be sold due to his declining re-sale value, and we cannot rely on Saha next season.

How can you say that about someone so young, you have no idea what his potential is? His performances at his age is his minimum level,odds are he's only going to get better.....

It's pretty obvious, we have been in for a fair few big names and then get gazumped because we haggle fees or don't pay the wages. Can't be asked to think of all examples but he only said last week he wanted to take Tevez but couldn't pay the wages. I'm not saying Levy is wrong as he runs the club brilliantly within its means but there is no way you can say Harry doesn't want to spend money- that's the last thing you could throw at him.....

... and as chairman he's got every right to do so as we save up for a big investment in the new stadium.
but he's got no reason not to spend more heavily with stronger gate fees after the stadium is done.

Sorry but that is quite a ridiculous statement. There are countless players that start at struggling clubs and then make the jump up to a better/bigger club. If we say we will never buy a player from a struggling/relegated club we would never buy anyone. That is like saying Ashley Young looked good in a brick Watford club but we shouldn't want any part of him? Or even more recently Scott Parker!!

I think both Moses and Hoilett would be a good addition to our squad. Obviously we would only need one of the two and Hoilett will come cheaper both have a direct type game which would be a good change from Lennon while as good as he is isn't much of a goal threat.

Back