• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Only at the bottom

Last January 6 of the top 9 did no business at all and generally January business is petering out.

My point was that we can get some money for some of our squad players. They're unlikely to generate interest from the top clubs anyway...

I trust our transfer team to make some good decisions regardless of the time of year.

Last January 6 of the top 9 did no business at all and generally January business is petering out.

Last year was a World Cup year which usually calms the market for players who are in with a shout of going. The ACN will calm the market a bit this year but it will not have the same impact.

Chelsea and Man Utd's £100m Gareth Bale tale takes ASTONISHING twist

GARETH BALE is set to crush Chelsea and Manchester United's hopes of signing him this summer by penning a new and improved contract with Real Madrid.

Reports in recent days had claimed that the two Premier League giants were plotting £100million bids in order to bring the former Tottenham star back to England.

However, Bale has already claimed that he has no desire to leave the Santiago Bernabeu after becoming a key player for Carlo Ancelotti.

And the Welshman is now ready to put an end to the transfer rumours by extending his stay in Spain on a fresh deal.

Bale's contract ends in 2019, but the 25-year-old will now sign on until 2021, with his £15m annual salary also set to increase after helping Los Blancos to the Champions League last season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549908/Chelsea-Man-Utd-Gareth-Bale-Real-Madrid-Tottenham-New-Deal

Astounding? Really? And in capital letters too? LOL

#SPURS are interested in signing #EFC midfielder James McCarthy. The 24-year-old cost the Toffees £13m when he joined them in September 2013.

McCarthy would be an excellent signing! A massive upgrade on Mason. Though I highly doubt it's possible to get him this window.

SWANS & BONY WANT BIG BUCKS

Swansea City have slapped a hefty £40million price-tag on in-form striker Wilfried Bony, according to the Daily Star.

The news echoes claims made by made by Garry Monk at the start of December where he said it would take an “astronomical” offer for the Swans to let Bony go.

Reports claim Bony has pleaded with his club to let him fulfill his dream of playing in the Champions League and Emirates Marketing Project, along with European champions Real Madrid, are heavily linked with the Ivorian.

It is believed Bony wants a four-year £100,000-a-week deal, meaning it could cost as much as £60million to acquire his services.

SWANS & BONY WANT BIG BUCKS

Swansea City have slapped a hefty £40million price-tag on in-form striker Wilfried Bony, according to the Daily Star.

The news echoes claims made by made by Garry Monk at the start of December where he said it would take an “astronomical” offer for the Swans to let Bony go.

Reports claim Bony has pleaded with his club to let him fulfill his dream of playing in the Champions League and Emirates Marketing Project, along with European champions Real Madrid, are heavily linked with the Ivorian.

It is believed Bony wants a four-year £100,000-a-week deal, meaning it could cost as much as £60million to acquire his services.

Then any deal has now gone.. nothing to see here, move along

I don't understand the reports linking us with Bony. There is so much money in the PL that any fee is ridiculous for a player a club doesn't want to lose. We should be after the next Bony/benteke. If we are interested the only PL strikers that would be here next season would be Ings or Austin and that would rely on there clubs being relegated.

No it isn't. Halilovic is an attacking midfielder, not a striker. I don't think he's like either Bony, or Benteke, at all.

The next Bony/Benteke is Alen Hailovic, whom Chel53a now have their nasty sweaty hands all over...

Halilovic is the young Croat who we nearly signed a couple of years back in a big money deal but who ended up at Barcelona.
Are you thinking of Kramaric?

It's weird how every year people assume clubs have been discussing and preparing deals since the summer and they will complete them on the 1st of January... Never happens though.

I bet there is just a few loan deals, mostly strikers to the struggling clubs on deadline day

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce predicts Winston Reid exit

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he expects Winston Reid to leave the club when the central defender's contract expires at the end of June.
Reid has been in negotiations over a new deal with the Hammers but Allardyce does not think the 26-year-old will extend his stay.
"It's highly unlikely Winston is going to sign for us based on what people have said to me," said Allardyce.
Reid has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Liverpool.
The New Zealand international joined West Ham from Danish side FC Midtjylland in August 2010 and has developed into one of the club's key players.
Allardyce said no approaches had been made for Reid so far in the January transfer window.
He added: "There is no future for Winston Reid at West Ham at the moment as his contract finishes on 30 June. He hasn't said he is or isn't going to sign.
"You would err on the back that he isn't, by the feel and look of it, at this moment in time."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30680457

Is Reid any good? I have never really paid much attention to him

He is very good defensively (a proper commanding centre half in the mould of Kaboul at his peak). He isn't the best on the ball however. A short while ago I was advocating him coming in to replace Kaboul but it looks as though Fazio is now giving us the commanding presence and some ability on the ball (Chelsea's 2nd goal on New Year's day aside).

Is Reid any good? I have never really paid much attention to him

He's quick and powerful, but IMO not cultured enough/a good enough ballplayer for a Poch team. Fazio's intelligence and composure definitely give him an edge.

Parallels with Christopher Samba perhaps?

He's quick and powerful, but IMO not cultured enough/a good enough ballplayer for a Poch team. Fazio's intelligence and composure definitely give him an edge.

Parallels with Christopher Samba perhaps?

From that description I predict a move to Liverpool for a season followed by a move to Stoke the season after lol

TOTTENHAM are preparing to rekindle their interest in Sporting Lisbon defender Miguel Lopes.

The right-back was heavily linked with a move to Spurs in 2012 when Andre Villas-Boas was in charge at White Hart Lane.

But injury curtailed the move at that time and Lopes had to settle for a spell on loan at Lyon last term.

The 28-year-old returned to Sporting this season but has only made three appearances for the Lisbon outfit.

Nevertheless, reports in Portugal suggest that Spurs sent scouts to watch the player in action over the festive period and are now considering stepping up their interest.

Indeed, Mauricio Pochettino is thought to want to add Lopes to his squad as competition for incumbent Kyle Walker.

It now remains to be seen whether a fee can be agreed with Lopes seemingly surplus to requirements at Sporting.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/550282/Tottenham-January-transfer-news-Miguel-Lopes

Back