• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I get the feeling we aren't going to sign a creative midfielder.

but then go all out for two players up top (left forward and striker) who will have to end up contributing at least 40 goals between them as well as Bale adding his 20+

Like you I can't see us selling Townsend at this point. I think Friedel could be allowed to leave though, if he wants first team football and a team puts in a decent bid. Backup goalkeepers aren't that hard to find I think so we would be able to sort

I personally think we would be mad to let Friedel go next season. Heavens forbid, but if Lloris were to get injured, then Brad is about the best possible back up we could have, and I bet he doesn't cost us a fortune in wages. He is vastly experienced, and although old he never really let us down. Swapping him for another back up could be full of risk.... who would you go for that we could trust who has the experience at the highest level?

I personally think we would be mad to let Friedel go next season. Heavens forbid, but if Lloris were to get injured, then Brad is about the best possible back up we could have, and I bet he doesn't cost us a fortune in wages. He is vastly experienced, and although old he never really let us down. Swapping him for another back up could be full of risk.... who would you go for that we could trust who has the experience at the highest level?

As good as Brad is id rather a gk on the bench more in tune with how Lloris plays

I agree with you for the most part, but I think we suffered a little bit with Friedel because of our change in tactics. The back 4 knew Lloris would always be there to sweep up, but we don't get that with Friedel.

In a perfect world, we'd bet a backup in the same mould as Lloris.

How far can we go though with an ageing Friedel? Keep in mind the lack of first team games too. It's a shame about Gomes; he really isn't as shambolic as his status at the club makes out. He could have now been a great understudy to Lloris IMO. How is Archer coming along btw?

BMtaIKyCAAA9WnM.jpg

Well hopefully if thats how we set up that'll hat'll be the case - can't help but think we're crying out for some creativity though

If we start to move the ball quicker, have more players make runs, that won't be a problem.

Def need to bring in some top quality midfielders. Seriously lacking there imo. Not any linked so far. Can see bale asking to leave if the club don't show him that we mean business this transfer window.

I don't have any specific names to give you, but I don't think finding a good backup goalkeeper is a big problem. I don't mind Friedel staying on for another season, but if we get a decent offer and he wants first team football then I think we would be able to find good cover for Lloris.

If we start to move the ball quicker, have more players make runs, that won't be a problem.

Do you think the players we have in central midfield and at the back are good enough on the ball to just start moving the ball quicker without bringing in a new ball playing central midfielder?

Do you think the players we have in central midfield and at the back are good enough on the ball to just start moving the ball quicker without bringing in a new ball playing central midfielder?

We either pass it sideways until an opening presents it self or we move the ball forward and try to force it. I will admit that this season we did our best to incorporate the worst aspects of both, but we have the players to play a more direct style, as in moving the ball forward quickly. I don't want to watch us try to be Barcelona anyway.

We either pass it sideways until an opening presents it self or we move the ball forward and try to force it. I will admit that this season we did our best to incorporate the worst aspects of both, but we have the players to play a more direct style, as in moving the ball forward quickly. I don't want to watch us try to be Barcelona anyway.

We'd better sign a Benteke style striker then because a lot of teams won't give us the time to pass it sideways until an opening presents itself and those that do won't give us many openings to exploit.

I'm not saying that I want us to turn into Barcelona, but having the ability in our team to pass our way through pressure better than we did this previous season seems very important to me. Like you I also think that we need to up our passing tempo, movement certainly plays a part, but I don't think our players are quite good enough on the ball to do that effectively.

What about Hernanes? Haven't seen any links to him this year, but I do remember reading something about AVB being a fan of him last summer. Would he be a better option alongside Dembele and Sandro? Haven't seen much of him, and he wasn't very prolific during our games against Lazio.

Back