• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Re: 'READ ONLY' Tottenham Transfer Rumours

I was yelling for Michu too, but apparently he just signed a new contract a little while ago, so off the market for now.

As for Huntelaar, he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in Germany (just behind Dortmund and Bayern, with a 62,000 seater stadium, massive revenues and a history of success and CL football) and is a poacher first and foremost. Both of those things mean we likely aren't interested in him.

And just for the record, I personally think Schalke are 'bigger' than us, if only just. That might change depending on how we do in the next couple of seasons, but as of now, any player offered the choice between Schalke and Spurs on purely sporting terms (atmosphere, CL/non-CL club, chances of silverware, etcetera) would probably choose Schalke over us. When you add wages (we can offer more) and location (London versus Gelsenkirchen), we edge closer to them, but I'd still put them slightly ahead.

How does that mean we're not interested? that's exactly what Soldado is and Damiao looked that sort of striker also?

How does that mean we're not interested? that's exactly what Soldado is and Damiao looked that sort of striker also?

I posted some stats a while ago (don't quite remember which thread, though), but basically they were a comparison of Europe's top strikers (2012-2013) based on goals, shots on target, passes per game, key passes per game,dribbles per game, turnovers per game and a pass completion rate. Soldado posted around 20 passes a game, with about 1 key pass per game on average. For comparison, Van Persie had about 26 (I think) and around 2 key passes a game, whereas at the lower end of the scale, Defoe had 13 and 0.6, if I remember correctly. So Soldado isn't exactly a Tevez or an aguero when it comes to playmaking and ball rentention, but he is certainly streets ahead of a 'conventional' poacher like Defoe, and by extension, Huntelaar, who had something like 14 passes a game with 0.7 key passes per game.

Edit: And Damiao is powerful: fast, strong and tall. That alone gives him a bit more to his game than the relatively slow and slight (but far more instinctive, imo) Huntelaar.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417421/Spurs-target-Roberto-Soldado-viewed-as-next-Luis-Suarez-by-Ossie-Ardiles?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

Ossie Ardiles sees similarities between Suarez and Soldado....get your chops around that KD :)
"Soldado can do the job. I have seem him quite a lot and he is very, very similar to Luis Suarez.

"He is very tricky, very intelligent. He will be great for us."

interesting use of will :-k \o/

He is tricky and has very good movement but similar to Suarez :ross::ross:

They're polar opposites but again, if we sign him we will all be able to see and pass judgement based on our eyes.

I posted some stats a while ago (don't quite remember which thread, though), but basically they were a comparison of Europe's top strikers (2012-2013) based on goals, shots on target, passes per game, key passes per game,dribbles per game, turnovers per game and a pass completion rate. Soldado posted around 20 passes a game, with about 1 key pass per game on average. For comparison, Van Persie had about 26 (I think) and around 2 key passes a game, whereas at the lower end of the scale, Defoe had 13 and 0.6, if I remember correctly. So Soldado isn't exactly a Tevez or an aguero when it comes to playmaking and ball rentention, but he is certainly streets ahead of a 'conventional' poacher like Defoe, and by extension, Huntelaar, who had something like 14 passes a game with 0.7 key passes per game.

Edit: And Damiao is powerful: fast, strong and tall. That alone gives him a bit more to his game than the relatively slow and slight (but far more instinctive, imo) Huntelaar.

If what you're saying is true then it proves stats mean diddly squat. He's a poacher and has nothing more to his game but there's no way of proving this either way until if/when he signs. My opinion is that people will be very disappointed with his general play.

He is tricky and has very good movement but similar to Suarez :ross::ross:

They're polar opposites but again, if we sign him we will all be able to see and pass judgement based on our eyes.

i too think they are different, but Soldado does have more to him than a simple poacher. He is able to play with others and join in when attacks are being built.

KD, how do you class Lewandowski? a simple poacher? or is he more on Suarez's level? somewhere in between?

same with Falcao, where would you place him

If what you're saying is true then it proves stats mean diddly squat. He's a poacher and has nothing more to his game but there's no way of proving this either way until if/when he signs. My opinion is that people will be very disappointed with his general play.

Quite possibly. It could well be the case that we're trying to rationalize spending 20 million plus on a striker by bigging him up as something he's not, i.e a complete forward. But stats, despite their inherent unreliability when it comes to football (as proven by the Sczeczczceny> LLoris thing in the old Let's Laugh At Arsenal thread), do provide at least a limited insight into the way a player plays, and the stats show he's not as one-dimensional as Defoe, which automatically makes him good for at least 10+ goals in my book. :)

KD, how do you class Lewandowski? a simple poacher? or is he more on Suarez's level? somewhere in between?

same with Falcao, where would you place him

Lewandowski = He's complete striker imo. Can play as a poacher, can play with his back to goal, is effective dropping deep too. Awesome player.

Falcao = Another fantastic striker but he falls more into the poacher category. Can play with his back to goal (not ideal), good hold up, superb finishing.

another potential off the list............we are not mentioned here but a few on this site said he would be ideal for us

Bayer Leverkusen have tied Stefan Kiessling down to a new contract - dashing chances of a switch to Chelsea or West Ham.

Both London clubs have been linked with the free-scoring striker, who had wanted to draw a line under his time in Germany and chance his arm in the Premier League.

It was reported that a move to Upton Park broke down in January, while he was offered to Chelsea as recently as March for a fee of just £6m.

The Blues want a new striker this summer and last season's Bundesliga top scorer - with 25 goals in 34 outings - seemed to fit the bill.

But Kiessling will not be joining former team-mate Andre Schurrle in the capital after deciding to commit his future to Leverkusen.

The 29-year-old has penned a deal which will keep him at the club until 2017.

It depends what people want and what their expectations are of attributes ina striker.

I want a goalscorer who is able to pass a yard or two. Someone like Bent was a finisher but he was abysmal in his play. Soldado isnt a playmaker but he is competent enough in his play.

It depends what people want and what their expectations are of attributes ina striker.

I want a goalscorer who is able to pass a yard or two. Someone like Bent was a finisher but he was abysmal in his play. Soldado isnt a playmaker but he is competent enough in his play.

Spot on. With Adebayor we don't need another player who is best at dropping in and linking play, we need a goalscorer who is also a competent footballer. Soldado is one of the best players out there who we could get in this respect.

another potential off the list............we are not mentioned here but a few on this site said he would be ideal for us

Bayer Leverkusen have tied Stefan Kiessling down to a new contract - dashing chances of a switch to Chelsea or West Ham.

Both London clubs have been linked with the free-scoring striker, who had wanted to draw a line under his time in Germany and chance his arm in the Premier League.

It was reported that a move to Upton Park broke down in January, while he was offered to Chelsea as recently as March for a fee of just £6m.

The Blues want a new striker this summer and last season's Bundesliga top scorer - with 25 goals in 34 outings - seemed to fit the bill.

But Kiessling will not be joining former team-mate Andre Schurrle in the capital after deciding to commit his future to Leverkusen.

The 29-year-old has penned a deal which will keep him at the club until 2017.

Again, I don't think Kiessling is clinical enough. Never seemed to have the instincts or the finishing when I've seen him, rather like Adebayor.

I just got an email from someone I know in Serbia who says:

"Looks like Spurs are in for Adem Ljajić."

He didn't say any more than that, so I assume it's just another unsubstantiated rumour from the back pages of a Serbian tabloid (which are unlikely to be any more reliable than our own). Not ITK or anything silly, just second-hand paper talk, but I'd not heard his name mentioned in connection with Spurs before so I thought I'd post it here.

I just got an email from someone I know in Serbia who says:

"Looks like Spurs are in for Adem Ljajić."

He didn't say any more than that, so I assume it's just another unsubstantiated rumour from the back pages of a Serbian tabloid (which are unlikely to be any more reliable than our own). Not ITK or anything silly, just second-hand paper talk, but I'd not heard his name mentioned in connection with Spurs before so I thought I'd post it here.

check what i posted on the previous page of this thread, 5th post down ;)

Sam Rhodes ‏@SamuelRhodes_ 20m
Jose Mourinho is trying to hijack Tottenham's move for Brazil defender Doria.

Back