• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

I don't think he was ever that good, just someone with a bit of pace. The odds of making a top flight career for himself now, vs dropping through the leagues, is very long. I think Poch is also finding out with Sissoko how hard a bad attiude is to turn around.

Did Kane and Berahino ever actually play that much together? Or was it just a particular game or two that everyone remembers? I remember Crouch-McVeigh being a devasting partnership at youth level. But one turned out to be really crap and the other was Paul McVeigh.

They played about 12 games together

And I think your very wrong about him making a top flight career... he needs a new club ASAP. And again your citing a bad attitude but have NEVER produced any evidence

Thought I recognized the name, so he was one of the players who ripped us a new ******** in Europe this season then.

I don't remember him being standout. He came off the bench for the last 5 mins in Germany, and then got subbed off midway through the second half at Wembley

Bernardo Silva and Thomas Lemar have been the most impressive opponents I remember from this campaign.

I don't remember him being standout. He came off the bench for the last 5 mins in Germany, and then got subbed off midway through the second half at Wembley

Bernardo Silva and Thomas Lemar have been the most impressive opponents I remember from this campaign.

He came on for the last 10 minutes in Germany (as he has had been injured). he then tore us a new one and was comfortably the best player on the pitch for me.

At wembley he went off and wasnt a stand out I agree.

Lemar and Silva are good players but Silva cost £16m and Lemar is being quoted at £59M. Silvers look outstanding at the under 21s too and I wouldn't say no to either

Brandt has an incredibly high ceiling. He scores, has pace and creates. He for me would be a perfect signing if he was available and interested

He reminds me of Schurle crossed with Reus

They played about 12 games together

And I think your very wrong about him making a top flight career... he needs a new club ASAP. And again your citing a bad attitude but have NEVER produced any evidence

I'll nail my colours to this post. There's been hardly any evidence of a bad attitude, just media stuff. OK so he handed in a transfer request....and maybe had a bit of wobble when it was rejected. That's perfectly normal imo.

I'll nail my colours to this post. There's been hardly any evidence of a bad attitude, just media stuff. OK so he handed in a transfer request....and maybe had a bit of wobble when it was rejected. That's perfectly normal imo.

He reminds me of Defoe

A player with a great attitude poorly advised early in his career

He reminds me of Defoe

A player with a great attitude poorly advised early in his career
Interestingly enough he is probably one of the players who reminds me of Defoe the most in tarms of his strengths and stype of play.

Of course like Berahino, Defoe was another who reacted badly to having a transfer request refused early in his career (for a few games afterwards he went out for West Ham and got himself intentionally sent off) The difference was that Defoe then actually quickly got his move away from West Ham to a bigger, better club where he could progress. Berahino wasn't quite that lucky.
Berahino still has a chance of making it IMO, but it it is now probably 50-50 between him having a good career and him not fulfilling his potential and slipping down the leagues due to the circumstances of his chairman blocking a move that his manager was happy to happen and Berahino losing 2 to 3 years of his career at a crucial stage of his development as a result of that.

The talent Berahino his is obvious, that is why I get frustrated when I read GB say he is just a player who had a bit of pace (he isn't even that quick IMO). He is two footed, moves well, has great balance, finds space, is quite strong, is a lovely, pure striker of the ball and has that essential confidence that all good number 9's need. His biggest problem at WBA is that he isn't the battering ram that Pulis wants up front. I don't blame Pulis for that, he is a very good manager that shapes a team to make the best of his overall resources, but it is frustrating to think that a talented, young player's career was stalled (and possibly quashed) because a chairman got involved thinking he knew more about football than his manager.

in a way it's quite funny that Defoe is perhaps the player that Berahino is most similar to in style, as i think Defoe was a player who was massively under appreciated by an element of our fans. He is a player that should've remained at our club continually from the moment that Harry brought him back (and perhaps should never have been allowed to leave even prior to that). He would still score 15+ goals a season for us even now I think.

Last edited:
Is it also perfectly normal for a pro to require separate fitness training away from his club DURING the season? Because WBA sent him off to get fit. That suggests something is not right.

Is it also perfectly normal for a pro to require separate fitness training away from his club DURING the season? Because WBA sent him off to get fit. That suggests something is not right.

Link to that story pls?

Probably goes on more than you think. Especially with players that aren't getting match time.

To my knowledge his fitness had never been an issue prior to the transfer request episode, indicating that it was all part of the wobble.

Imo, a happy Saido = a fit Saido = a performing Saido. Pretty much proven through time that people perform better in their jobs when they are happy.

As one poster above said, it's a little outside the box but with no fee and reasonable wage demands, I think we will struggle to find better.

It's normal for localised training but not to be sent away.

Strangely those Berahino has posted pictures of himself looking fit as a fiddle

This is all about a clash in agendas of the club and the player

What would Berahino's fee be now I wonder? 15mil maybe or has his contract run down? I think even that would represent a bit of a gamble considering his lack of playing time recently. I like him though and wouldn't be too upset if we got him in. I still think that we need another striker on the books if we want to properly fill the squad out.

Dembele at Celtic is really the one that got away. I watched him a bit against Barca the other night and his movement was superb. Shame.

What would Berahino's fee be now I wonder? 15mil maybe or has his contract run down? I think even that would represent a bit of a gamble considering his lack of playing time recently. I like him though and wouldn't be too upset if we got him in. I still think that we need another striker on the books if we want to properly fill the squad out.

Dembele at Celtic is really the one that got away. I watched him a bit against Barca the other night and his movement was superb. Shame.
Contract until 30.06.2017. Would've thought a preseason would sought him out.

Back