• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

The funny thing is after nearly £1bn spend in 12 months they should have an unreal team, but its not really that much better than when before they started :D

Boehly is a joke, 1bn on players, moved on most of his first lot already, 3 managers, 12th place finish

And their first team of the season includes a serious number of players who were at the club before he joined and Sterling hahaha.

All in 12 months

The saviour of modern football

Why? Do you think the other pl owners like What chelsea are doing? Or city in particular? Does it not cost the other clubs?

The pl is not uefa or fifa. It is run by the clubs. By the chairmen. City of chelsea get cl it is at another clubs expense. Everton stay up another club has to go down.

I dont know the constitution of the PL but I imagine at its conception the "big" clubs had some statue in place where changes could only be made by some percentage vote rather than majority.

So if United, City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine say no they only need 1 to vote with them or 3 to abstain and nothing can change.

For rule changes and votes along those lines yes (you need 14 yes votes to make the change). If we are talking about punishing clubs they will be heard by an independent tribunal. The premier league makes the rules, but any breaches are judged seperately.

For rule changes and votes along those lines yes (you need 14 yes votes to make the change). If we are talking about punishing clubs they will be heard by an independent tribunal. The premier league makes the rules, but any breaches are judged seperately.

Are there any breaches? I thought this was about plugging existing loopholes by changing rules.

Are there any breaches? I thought this was about plugging existing loopholes by changing rules.

At the moment no it doesn't look like chelsea have breached any rules (although theyare on a fine line. So maybe). The prem have already voted to make the rules tougher. But they need agreement with the efl in order to make it consistent with lower leagues. The efl are holding out as they want more money from the prem and scrapping of parachute payments.

The new rules would bring the prem and english leagues more in line with uefas new rules. But then we have the independent regulator who could do something else entirely.

At the moment no it doesn't look like chelsea have breached any rules (although theyare on a fine line. So maybe). The prem have already voted to make the rules tougher. But they need agreement with the efl in order to make it consistent with lower leagues. The efl are holding out as they want more money from the prem and scrapping of parachute payments.

The new rules would bring the prem and english leagues more in line with uefas new rules. But then we have the independent regulator who could do something else entirely.

Then there will be no fines within the present system, nothing will change unless it is forced upon them by an outside organisation or there is a massive financial benefit to them.

Then there will be no fines within the present system, nothing will change unless it is forced upon them by an outside organisation or there is a massive financial benefit to them.

I don't understand how you get to that conclusion.

Imagine you and 19 other people created a game. You all invest in and come up with rules that you all voted for. One of you cheats, making the rest of you lose money. Why wouldn't you want to see them punished? They are fudging it up for everyone else.

I don't understand how you get to that conclusion.

Imagine you and 19 other people created a game. You all invest in and come up with rules that you all voted for. One of you cheats, making the rest of you lose money. Why wouldn't you want to see them punished? They are fudging it up for everyone else.

We are not talking about people we are looking at businesses, cartels are often formed and companies are sometimes happy at the status quo. The majority of the PL clubs are just happy to be at the table. I believe if they could just get Sheffield Wed, Leeds, Birmingham and Sunderland in while losing Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Fulham they'd vote out relegation

We are not talking about people we are looking at businesses, cartels are often formed and companies are sometimes happy at the status quo. The majority of the PL clubs are just happy to be at the table. I believe if they could just get Sheffield Wed, Leeds, Birmingham and Sunderland in while losing Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Fulham they'd vote out relegation

How much does missing out on cl cost a club or owner or manager? How much does getting relegated? Missing out on winning a trophy? There is no status quo. Every club is fighting for something and the stakes can be huge. If someone is caught cheating it isn't going to go down well. Hence clubs writing to the pl demanding action over city and everton. Not only that, it is a betrayal. No way do they let it rest and they haven't done so.

Too many layers to it all now. I watched that City documentary and they basically outlined that and that most clubs hire a battery of lawyers in order to fight and overcome anything put to then. Also thr rules and laws conflict from UEFA to the PL and rubbish like time lapsed evidence which all seems too convenient.

Football doesn't want to be governed by a real independent regulatory board, because they would be told that players are earning too much, owners are spending beyond their clubs means and clubs that are sustainable are not the black sheep of the heard, where is as it stands we live in some mad parallel universe where those not pushing the boundaries of the rules or out of the financial reach of the actual revenues are ridiculed.

Back