• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs The Scum

Been having a look online and the Goons are tinkled at Arteta big time. Not just today, that's just another in a long list of things that's convinced them he isn't the man. I reckon he'll be under pressure by middle of September and gone by October.

Hope not as he's distinctly average and should keep them bobbing around mid-table.

Been having a look online and the Goons are tinkled at Arteta big time. Not just today, that's just another in a long list of things that's convinced them he isn't the man. I reckon he'll be under pressure by middle of September and gone by October.

Hope not as he's distinctly average and should keep them bobbing around mid-table.

On a tangent, ever wondered how Guardiola would do with average players? Arteta is illustrating. The scum don't have the quality to play their system. They hold possession but don't penetrate enough, and leave themselves open to the counter. They need more quality.

For the Levy criticism, we have more quality. We have probably spent less than them on transfers, but seem to have more to show for it.

On a tangent, ever wondered how Guardiola would do with average players? Arteta is illustrating. The scum don't have the quality to play their system. They hold possession but don't penetrate enough, and leave themselves open to the counter. They need more quality.

For the Levy criticism, we have more quality. We have probably spent less than them on transfers, but seem to have more to show for it.

Not really they have trophies and we don't.

It's a really good question. I don't buy into the Fraudiola stuff. I think he's a prick but his teams play incredibly good football and it's not as easy as people think to manage top players. But you're absolutely right. Could he manage with a lower standard of player? He would have to adapt his style.

Ah yes the trophies fixation. Its a bit of hangup for Spurs fans. Simple question: would you swap their squad for ours?

When you suggest that we have more to show for it and somehow equate that to Levys success .... I beg to differ.

It's not a hang up but a reality.

Ofcourse I wouldn't swap currently.

So in your opinion what have we got to show for under Levy vs Arsenal?

Tanganga really good, will be so frustrating if he's injured. Didn't this happen before for him? Think he would start the game against City if fit.

Likewise Skipp.

Moura and Son looking ready. Bergwijn - maybe he'll up his game and I should stay patient. While he's not doing much in attack he's working hard for the team. But he's frustrating, just lacking some confidence to attack properly.

For all Alli's lost possession (almost every ball in the first half), he is getting into good positions, could have had a hattrick, and I'm hopeful he can build on this and use the ball better going forward.

Missing quite a few players, we beat the scum so can't be too puturbed.

Similar thoughts

- In general, we are clearly more possession focused than we have for a couple of years. While we do pass sideways/backwards to keep possession and draw opposition out, we have very direct passing lanes to feet moving forward, nice to see.

For personnel

- Son, Lucas, PEH, Skipp all good
- Bergwijn and Reguilon seem to be coming along
- Lloris or Gollini is ok either way
- Lo Celso made an instant impact, one of him or Ndombele have to play or we need to buy another option in CM
- Tanganga could be a legitimate option for RB if he doesn't go on loan

The issue for this game and pre-season in general is the same
- Dier and Sanchez can't be the options after the window closes
- If Nuno isn't able to get both Lo Celso and Ndombele up to pace, we need another CM option
- If Aurier goes, we need a replacement
- Still not sure what the out wide right option is?

We played the Scum's first team minus 1 player and a pretty stacked Chelsea squad with half of ours, not bad results ..

Similar thoughts

- In general, we are clearly more possession focused than we have for a couple of years. While we do pass sideways/backwards to keep possession and draw opposition out, we have very direct passing lanes to feet moving forward, nice to see.

For personnel

- Son, Lucas, PEH, Skipp all good
- Bergwijn and Reguilon seem to be coming along
- Lloris or Gollini is ok either way
- Lo Celso made an instant impact, one of him or Ndombele have to play or we need to buy another option in CM
- Tanganga could be a legitimate option for RB if he doesn't go on loan

The issue for this game and pre-season in general is the same
- Dier and Sanchez can't be the options after the window closes
- If Nuno isn't able to get both Lo Celso and Ndombele up to pace, we need another CM option
- If Aurier goes, we need a replacement
- Still not sure what the out wide right option is?

We played the Scum's first team minus 1 player and a pretty stacked Chelsea squad with half of ours, not bad results ..

I do worry a little about Reguilon. Defensively he's sometimes caught out. He needs a little more poise and positioning when defending. Going forward he's exciting. On today's display Tanganga is possibly our best RB. Setup the goal and was solid defensively. Last season he had a few lapses. Moments where his concentration was maybe off for a split second, and it was exploited. But he seems more composed and a little more mature. Was interesting to see Aurier was chosen to come on for Tanganga rather than Doherty. Could he be sold back to Wolves?

I think we can sit in and play on the break too. First half we were just hitting them on the break. Second half Alli got more time on the ball. Not sure if he came deeper or their press relaxed.

We could do with a longer preseason. New coach and not all the players available/fit. But there are promising signs. The coordinated movement and fast attacking intentions are welcomed. Still a lot to do for Nuno.

Yes, of course.

My point is that his PR people have very cleverly associated all legitimate criticism of him with the (comparatively small) amount of racism aimed at him.

By doing so, they've managed to stop all legitimate criticism as they can now just claim it all to be racism.

Is racism now ok if it meets your grading system?

I do worry a little about Reguilon. Defensively he's sometimes caught out. He needs a little more poise and positioning when defending. Going forward he's exciting. On today's display Tanganga is possibly our best RB. Setup the goal and was solid defensively. Last season he had a few lapses. Moments where his concentration was maybe off for a split second, and it was exploited. But he seems more composed and a little more mature. Was interesting to see Aurier was chosen to come on for Tanganga rather than Doherty. Could he be sold back to Wolves?

I think we can sit in and play on the break too. First half we were just hitting them on the break. Second half Alli got more time on the ball. Not sure if he came deeper or their press relaxed.

We could do with a longer preseason. New coach and not all the players available/fit. But there are promising signs. The coordinated movement and fast attacking intentions are welcomed. Still a lot to do for Nuno.
A key is IMO the team that started today, and will probably start Sunday will be 50% different come January
We haven’t played any of our new signings yet really. I mean ones injured already and one is now on rest after the olympics (keeper is a back up IMO). We will probably get at least 2 more signings too and they will be starters IMO
So any progress Nuno can make will be very much focussed on what he can do with the core he has available currently and so far it’s been positive

For all Alli's lost possession (almost every ball in the first half), he is getting into good positions, could have had a hattrick, and I'm hopeful he can build on this and use the ball better going forward.....

Good illustration of a luxury player. Doesn't do the basics right but forgiveable due to the exciting near-misses that no one else can conjure.

He's finished for Spurs for me. Pulling to left back so that he can take comfort and grow his confidence instead of plying it in midfield where its hard... He's so mixed up in the head you can see it in his play. He's had a decent run of games end of last year, how many more does he deserve to e starting?

I think he will end up as the English Balotelli, some will appreciate and pay for his talents though and we'll do good to cash in. Dele will be great to have as a sub coming on when we are one goal ahead. The threat of something genius happening will be a go some way to stifle a comeback.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

To dare is to do!
But modern possession based football goes against this rype of footballing.
With Gil, Son and Bergwjin we will have the strongest left side. Gollini looks good with his feet too, one who I believe could be setting off quick counters.
Reggie is 20 yards behind the ball after Lloris passes and ends up 8 yards in front of everyone when he touches the ball, lovely movement and QUICK passing, football is an easy game when you pass and move quickly, just like back in the 50s with our push and run game.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What do we have to show for it? A squad currently that's better than arsenal? Is that your point?

West ham currently have a better squad than arsenal, what's your point?

What do we have to show for it? A squad currently that's better than arsenal? Is that your point?

West ham currently have a better squad than arsenal, what's your point?

Come on mate, this argument isn't worth happening

- Arsenal has "almost" had a Leeds-esque fall (without the financial implosion) from the top level of the game, and the most critical thing is they still aren't trying to fix it.
- their "success" post Wenger was achieved by giving up on everything else and focusing on domestic cups (and even, pretty much required the luck of getting Lampard to fudge up and gift them a final), which hasn't worked out for them, their fall continues.

In Levy's time, Arsenal has gone from a team challenging for and winning most trophies, to a side relevant in name only. And the issues remains the same (and people bitch about Levy's "ambition"?)

Spurs have closed every gap on the Scum, finishing spots, stadium, squad, revenue, yes trophies remain but it will come sooner for us than them. And while we have made mistakes, we are trying to fix them (Paratici & some of the buys this season).

A FA Cup win or two doesn't change the fact that we have done better than them in last decade.

Back