• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM Vs STOKE - OFFICIAL OMT***

king simply must play tonight. it's the more important of the 2 games this week by a mile. we could play brillliantly and still be reffed out of the game on saturday.

our season will be decided by winning the winnable games. after saturday almost certainly only against sunderland will you get odds against spurs for the rest of the league season.

it's about winning 5 or 6 of the other 9 games. no point battling for a point at the bridge if we don't win enough of the other games

Fair point but we can always put Kaboul on Drogba with Gallas dropping off and sweeping up behind, which is similar to the role that King does when he plays. Kaboul attacks the ball, King sweeps.

It doesn't work like that.

Drogba will stick to the weakest central defender. Then either Kaboul and Gallas will have to stay very close leaving massive gaps or allow Drogba to stick next to Gallas. We won't be changing our centre backs around or leave massive gaps and Gallas will be stuck trying to deal with Drogba.

Tough decision for Redknapp. I reckon King will be rested tonight. Personally.

Would love 3 points tonight could really get us back on track.

It doesn't work like that.

Drogba will stick to the weakest central defender. Then either Kaboul and Gallas will have to stay very close leaving massive gaps or allow Drogba to stick next to Gallas. We won't be changing our centre backs around or leave massive gaps and Gallas will be stuck trying to deal with Drogba.

You don't have to leave massive gaps. Chelsea play with one up front and two wide. The full backs will have to tuck in anyway to make sure we have 4 vs 3 when they're attacking. Drogba is a threat when the ball is played directly and long into him which are punts from the centre-half or goalkeeper. In which case there is more than enough time for Kaboul to read the flight and come and attack the ball. Gallas can even make it difficult for Drogba in the meantime before dropping off behind. The only time Drogba could/should get on Gallas alone would be from crosses out wide or where the ball is played into his feet where Gallas would probably be the better pick as he is like a rash getting tight to people.

All this is speculation anyway as he might not be anywhere near fit enough to face Chelsea for 90 mins.

You don't have to leave massive gaps. Chelsea play with one up front and two wide. The full backs will have to tuck in anyway to make sure we have 4 vs 3 when they're attacking. Drogba is a threat when the ball is played directly and long into him which are punts from the centre-half or goalkeeper. In which case there is more than enough time for Kaboul to read the flight and come and attack the ball. Gallas can even make it difficult for Drogba in the meantime before dropping off behind. The only time Drogba could/should get on Gallas alone would be from crosses out wide or where the ball is played into his feet where Gallas would probably be the better pick as he is like a rash getting tight to people.

All this is speculation anyway as he might not be anywhere near fit enough to face Chelsea for 90 mins.

All this and we aren't even playing chelsea until Saturday. Let's concentrate everything on winning tonight and then worry about chelsea.

Come on you spurs

Maybe starting with King on the bench today would be sensible, then bring him on if we can't cope with Stoke?
To be fair, Gallas and Kaboul should be good enough tonight, and King's presence will be much more important against Chelski.

That said, tonight is a game we absolutely must win, while no-one really expects anything away against Chelski anyway - at best a draw there, I'd say.

---------------Freidel---------------
Walker-----Kaboul-----King-----Ekotto
Kranjcar----Modric-----Parker----Bale
-------------------VdV----------------
------------------Saha----------------

Everyone bar Niko is in their strongest position

This is the one for me. Forget about Ade or Lennon if they arent fully fit.

king simply must play tonight. it's the more important of the 2 games this week by a mile. we could play brillliantly and still be reffed out of the game on saturday.

our season will be decided by winning the winnable games. after saturday almost certainly only against sunderland will you get odds against spurs for the rest of the league season.

[B]I agree, although I would rephrase it by saying its the more winnable of the 2 games this week, rather than more important. I see it that each game is equally important.
As you say we could play well and still get done on Saturday, I would rather take the gamble on getting 3 tonight and just see what happens Saturday[/
B]

it's about winning 5 or 6 of the other 9 games. no point battling for a point at the bridge if we don't win enough of the other games

Last edited:
Maybe starting with King on the bench today would be sensible, then bring him on if we can't cope with Stoke?
To be fair, Gallas and Kaboul should be good enough tonight, and King's presence will be much more important against Chelski.

That said, tonight is a game we absolutely must win, while no-one really expects anything away against Chelski anyway - at best a draw there, I'd say.

If he plays tonight he should be available if there's an FA Cup replay in a week. Unless the plan is to play him against both Stoke and Chelsea.

If he plays tonight he should be available if there's an FA Cup replay in a week. Unless the plan is to play him against both Stoke and Chelsea.

highly unlikely knowing Ledders

id save him for Saturday

Kaboul and Gallas tonight

also there's absolutely no way nelsen will play unless there's no one else

I prefer Nelsen to Gallas for tonight's game. Nelsen is better in dealing with crosses. I noticed a few times last season (I think also in a Stoke fixture) that Gallas many times did not challenge for high balls but instead leaned on the attacker in hope of putting him off the position to attack the ball/cross. It didn't always work for Gallas.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that there are tickets still available for tonight on general sale - just bagged myself a pair.

First game this season for me at the Lane and I can't wait.

COYS

I'd love to see either Livermore or Sandro in for Parker today please.

Either will keep hold of the ball better, Livermore against Everton at home for example. If he has a game like that then Stoke will have no choice but to chase widly and start lunging in, wheras Parker will give the ball away or attempt to get free kicks which we have no use for. The man still looks tired so why play him when we have two exciting prospects waiting on the bench?

Whatever happens I guess keeping Modric in the middle is most important, either of livermore or Sandro alongside Modric in the centre with Bale actually getting chalk on his heels, also equipping Joe Jordan with an air rifle to shoot him anytime he drifts in.

Victory on Wednesday would give Stoke their first ever league double over Spurs. They also beat them on penalties in the third round of the Carling Cup this season.

Spurs have been beaten in their last three Premier League games - defeat on Wednesday would make this their worst run since losing six in a row from October to November 2004.

They have scored in each of their last 19 top-flight games at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham have won only one of the eight league games in which they conceded the opening goal this season

Spurs have drawn 99 Premier League games at White Hart Lane.

Stoke have lost eight successive league games in London.

Stoke have scored nine away league goals this term. Only Fulham (eight) have a worse record.

Stoke have won all six of the Premier League matches this season in which they led at half-time.

I'd love to see either Livermore or Sandro in for Parker today please.

Either will keep hold of the ball better, Livermore against Everton at home for example. If he has a game like that then Stoke will have no choice but to chase widly and start lunging in, wheras Parker will give the ball away or attempt to get free kicks which we have no use for. The man still looks tired so why play him when we have two exciting prospects waiting on the bench?

Whatever happens I guess keeping Modric in the middle is most important, either of livermore or Sandro alongside Modric in the centre with Bale actually getting chalk on his heels, also equipping Joe Jordan with an air rifle to shoot him anytime he drifts in.

Agreed.

*Heads for cover*

Parker has been very important for us this season but would love to see Sandro play tonight personally. Love the kid.

Back