• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Chelsea Random Fizzy Drink Cup OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I most definitely think we want another focal point in our attack. But it's worth remembering that we didn't bring Kane on until the 70th minute. Those first 25 minutes of the second half without Kane were very good. Not only without Kane, but without Son, Bale, Lo Celso (and Alli).

We played better than the first half , yes, but what did we actually create in that time? From memory it was only after Kane came on did we begin to really threaten their goal.

I've heard some inane comments from Skys commentators but saying Mendy didnt have the experience or knowledge of how our penalty takes would take them takes the biscuit, who does know what anyone other than Kane would do?

I've heard some inane comments from Skys commentators but saying Mendy didnt have the experience or knowledge of how our penalty takes would take them takes the biscuit, who does know what anyone other than Kane would do?

With Kane it doesn't really matter, it's hard and into corners .. unless the keeper comes off his line, he'll get beaten pretty much every time.

Desperation that Spurs might win a game, it's the same week in week out. The BBC are just as bad they had a post in there Live Text commentary where their "analyst" wrote something along the lines of "It's been all Chelsea so far Spurs haven't had a touch", the game was 3 minutes old.

We played better than the first half , yes, but what did we actually create in that time? From memory it was only after Kane came on did we begin to really threaten their goal.
Second half we got into a few good positions before Kane came on and I posted half jokingly that we actually lost a little initiative when he first came on!
From memory there was two chances for Reggie at the back post, a header and one straight at the keeper, a pass that should have set NDombele up centrally that Aurier ended up taking on his left, Sissoko on another set up at the edge of the box where his first touch was too heavy and Bergwijn had one where he was free in the box but he had to make a big adjustment to take it on his right and hit it over. There was another situation where I think Dier found him with a ball over the top which he took too long over which for me was a sign he needs a run of games to get his confidence back.

Absolutely no argument that we need a physical focal point as an alternative to Kane but what enthused me about the second half is if those chances fall to our first choice players we are going to score a lot more of them than last night, let alone if we sustain it for 90 minutes.

Absolutely no argument that we need a physical focal point as an alternative to Kane but what enthused me about the second half is if those chances fall to our first choice players we are going to score a lot more of them than last night, let alone if we sustain it for 90 minutes.

It's not where I want to end the window but I think that we would've been fine if either Son or Bale had played last night in place of Kane.

Last night was a shot in the arm. Definitely fancy us against them in the league now. If we had our potential best team out against that defence we'd have won comfortably imo. They were pretty much at full strength.

It's the same old crap you get when any team loses, everyone only sees the result (please dont give me it's a results business) and are looking to blame someone. I think Mount could be a good player, over hyped as usual by media, but all young players need time to adjust and grow, this is the down side of football and fanbase who want it all and want it now. It was far easier before teams got obsessed with rotation and a young player could come into a settled team and be helped by more experienced players, now most teams change every game and it's difficult to build an understanding with your team mates.

It's the same old crap you get when any team loses, everyone only sees the result (please dont give me it's a results business) and are looking to blame someone. I think Mount could be a good player, over hyped as usual by media, but all young players need time to adjust and grow, this is the down side of football and fanbase who want it all and want it now. It was far easier before teams got obsessed with rotation and a young player could come into a settled team and be helped by more experienced players, now most teams change every game and it's difficult to build an understanding with your team mates.

Yep, fans will be fans. It schadenfreude, I'm a devote to it!

The issue wasn't Mount, it was Lampard

- We put Kane to close the first 5 penalties for us
- Lampard put a midfield kid when he had Timo Werner on the pitch

Fact is, they were tactically devoid, there pace for most of the game was too slow to threaten, and they did not respond to our changes in 2nd half.

Fact is, they were tactically devoid, there pace for most of the game was too slow to threaten, and they did not respond to our changes in 2nd half.

I'm not commenting on their problems but the usual over reaction from "fans", the same people who moan will be raving about how great Mount and Fat Frank are if they win their next 4 games.

Werner had apparently said no to taking one of the first 5.

I wanted to add I was pleased this game didn’t have ET - it meant we could make subs whilst chasing the game knowing they would be exposed to a limited number of minutes.
And as much as we moaned about the ref in game (standard) I don’t think there was anything like the angst or controversy of having VAR on.

Back