• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Chelsea Random Fizzy Drink Cup OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to say, Aurier was also strong again. Whenever he has played this season he has been strong, perhaps the competition is good for him? Moussa was a bit ropey sadly, but overall, this was a triumph of organization and spirit which parlayed into a really good attacking performance second-half. Have to give it to Mourinho, he mastered this one. Interesting thing is I am getting the feeling we are fast-absorbing the mentality he demands.

I have to say, Aurier was also strong again. Whenever he has played this season he has been strong, perhaps the competition is good for him? Moussa was a bit ropey sadly, but overall, this was a triumph of organization and spirit which parlayed into a really good attacking performance second-half. Have to give it to Mourinho, he mastered this one. Interesting thing is I am getting the feeling we are fast-absorbing the meteorology he demands.
I have to say I tend to agree, I’d be comfortable with him as competition for Doherty when there was a time I’d rather play anyone else there.

I have to say, Aurier was also strong again. Whenever he has played this season he has been strong, perhaps the competition is good for him? Moussa was a bit ropey sadly, but overall, this was a triumph of organization and spirit which parlayed into a really good attacking performance second-half. Have to give it to Mourinho, he mastered this one. Interesting thing is I am getting the feeling we are fast-absorbing the meteorology he demands.
He out tacticalled Fat Frank!

Indeed, and FF was bleating about that, sounding somewhat like a younger version of...errr...Jose Mourinho!

On Aurier, I have been a fierce critic, so it is especially pleasing to see him make me eat a bit of humble pie once again. Final thought was seeing how happy Bale was in the stands!
I couldn't watch the majority of the second half, but to read about the recovery of the game is most encouraging. Haribos for them all???

I just went through our penalty stats on transfermarkt

This is for our current players in games played for Tottenham only (including shoot outs)

Penalties saved/ Penalties in goals for
Lloris 12/35 (34%)
Gazzaniga 4/18 (22%)

Penalties scored/ Penalties taken
Kane 29/34 (85%)
Lamela 4/7 (43%)
Dele 5/5 (100%)
Son 3/4 (75%)
Dier 2/3 (67%)
Moura 1/3 (33%)
Hojbjerg 1/1 (100%)
Lo Celso 1/1 (100%)
Bale 0/1 (0%)
Parrott 0/1 (0%)
Gedsen 0/1 (0%)

Well, well, well - 5th time lucky ! Great mentality, the pens were all superb, to the right of the keeper, till Kane steps up then it's to the left.

Nice to see Reguilon, and the team, recover from the early deficit and stay in it till our striker, Lamela (lol) scored from a Reguilon pass, who also received a long cross field from Toby - Wunderbar !

Celebrate, sleep and we go again in the Europa

Just for the record, we actually beat Hull on pens at White Hart Lane in 2013/2014. One of Kane's first games for us, if I remember correctly. :)

Great feeling after Sunday's kick in the balls. Well done to Jose and the team.

Final thought. Anyone noice how much better we played once we had a focal point to our attack? While I have some sympathy for Bergwyn as he is being asked to play out of position, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with him. He offers virtually nothing in attack, almost always passes backwards and doesn't seem able or willing to take his man on in one to one situations. He only highlighted our urgent and pressing need for a genuine target man who can provide a focal point to our attacking play.

We simply must sign a Beast of a CF this window. Not to do so will wreck Jose's plans.

j3p7000ah5q51.jpg

Nice to see !

Switched on the radio this morning around 6.30 just in time to hear the sports presenter say "Chelsea are through to the next round of the Carabao Cup after beating Tottenham 5-4 in a penalty shoot-out." In my half awake/half asleep state I had to stop and think whether I'd dreamt what happened!
Still haven't heard a correction.

Great feeling after Sunday's kick in the balls. Well done to Jose and the team.

Final thought. Anyone noice how much better we played once we had a focal point to our attack? While I have some sympathy for Bergwyn as he is being asked to play out of position, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with him. He offers virtually nothing in attack, almost always passes backwards and doesn't seem able or willing to take his man on in one to one situations. He only highlighted our urgent and pressing need for a genuine target man who can provide a focal point to our attacking play.

We simply must sign a hunk of burning love of a CF this window. Not to do so will wreck Jose's plans.

I most definitely think we want another focal point in our attack. But it's worth remembering that we didn't bring Kane on until the 70th minute. Those first 25 minutes of the second half without Kane were very good. Not only without Kane, but without Son, Bale, Lo Celso (and Alli).

Back