• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Besiktas OOMT ***

This has been explained -

no striker on the bench(?)

keeping Soldado fresh for the weekend

Chadli has played as a forward in the past

has the attributes to play that role

Is being our top scorer.

We also brought Lennon and Lamela on pushing the numbers in the attacking positions up.

If you think in light of all that taking Soldado off equates to us thinkimg the game was over and accepting defeat then i really don't know what to say...

I'm just surprised he kept Townsend on. It made no sense to bring off Soldado when Townsend was so genuinely awful.

Sporting Lisboa, Atletico Bilbao, Olympiacos and Zenit are the CL sides we might be drawn against. I predict AVB returns to WHL to haunt us.

This has been explained -

no striker on the bench(?)

keeping Soldado fresh for the weekend

Chadli has played as a forward in the past

has the attributes to play that role

Is being our top scorer.

We also brought Lennon and Lamela on pushing the numbers in the attacking positions up.

If you think in light of all that taking Soldado off equates to us thinkimg the game was over and accepting defeat then i really don't know what to say...

I'm sorry, Chadli has played as a sole striker up front when? (please don't tell me you are going to highlight some one off game where he didn't score?)

A player who scores as wide player, by making a run into the far post space left open when the real striker drags defenders with him, doesn't have the attributes to be a striker.

Townsend won't be near the team the weekend - was very poor though agreed

exactly, tonight was like when you play FM and watch the condition percentage drip down, if they are playing in the next game you dont let em go below 70, if you are just giving em a game burn em all the way down

LOL!! Just saw Krasnodars goal vs Everton. Who the **** is Robles in goal?? worst bit of goalkeeping I've seen in a long time!! hahaha.

Poor game, poor pitch, poor floodlights.

A lot of squad players cementing the view that they're not good enough to challenge youngsters like Mason, Bentaleb and Kane for a first choice spot.

Great to have Walker back, looked fit and not as short on match fitness as one might expect.

I'm sorry, Chadli has played as a sole striker up front when? (please don't tell me you are going to highlight some one off game where he didn't score?)

A player who scores as wide player, by making a run into the far post space left open when the real striker drags defenders with him, doesn't have the attributes to be a striker.

Did i say sole striker? (No i never)
Was i using his goals from wide as an indicator to how he has the attributes to play as a CF? (No i wasn't)

I don't think Chadli could play upfront as a lone striker. But as part of a strike pair, I think he'd be good. He played like that against Arsenal away for much of the game (upfront with Ade), he played pretty well (and scored).

I think you can safely say that none of the players who started the game tonight apart from probably Walker(who will hopefully be on the bench) and Soldado will even be in the team that starts on sunday.

This is the best side in Turkey right now who have a decent coach. We played in their back yard with a massive home crowd in a tough atmosphere on a nasty pitch. We made 10 changes from the last game.

And we had as many good chances as them.

It was not a must win game.

So many things add to why losing this game is not a big deal.

Not fussed.

If we are playing this poorly on Sunday then yeah have a moan. As rightfully many did after Palace. But all things considered this match doesn't bother me.

It's complete bull**** .. to your point, if you so didn't give a ****, play a bunch of youth players.

But to be behind, and take your one striker off, might as well print a ****ing sign saying we give up ..

Why?

Or rather. Why not play squad players in need of match fitness? Squad players we might very well have to call upon in case of injury or the next time the fixture list gets congested (which is soon).

And it's not that we didn't give a ****. It's about balancing what's going on. With Ade MIA and Kane looking exhausted last weekend we had one first team striker around. Most likely one that will get game time on Sunday. So play him for a while, then take him off and go to emergency option #1. Seems perfectly reasonable.

We didn't give up. We weren't good enough, but we weren't good enough in the second half when Soldado was on the pitch either.

This is the best side in Turkey right now who have a decent coach. We played in their back yard with a massive home crowd in a tough atmosphere on a nasty pitch. We made 10 changes from the last game.

Not fussed.

If we are playing this poorly on Sunday then yeah have a moan. As rightfully many did after Palace. But all things considered this match doesn't bother me.

That pitch was atrocious.

Not fussed.

They also had 6 -7 players out injured apparently, including very key players.

Not fussed.

It bothers me because it continues the general pattern of poor performances this season

They also had 6 -7 players out injured apparently, including very key players.

Yes but they didn't dominate us. We had good chances. They took one of their few chances. We had lots of players who have barely played recently and returned from injury. And it was not a must win.

It bothers me because it continues the general pattern of poor performances this season
That's fair enough. And that would bother me if it was the first XI playing. But as it wasn't I will save my annoyance for Sunday if it is a poor performance.

Back