• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Palace Birds *****

The PL either need to call a halt for a fortnight, or teams need to be told they have to field a team or forfeit the points. This halfway house is my favourite buttplug.

I don’t see what a fortnight break does. You’ll have perfectly healthy teams sitting at home waiting to play who might just catch it after that 2 weeks break. Just got to carry on and play when you can imo.

I think they are getting bad info because today's testing was PCR so if they came back positive that's it, done deal, you don't just keep testing till you get result you want. Also they won't turn round fresh PCRs by tomorrow and so that leaves LFTs but you can't overturn PCR results with LFTs as that defies logic

Might be LFTs on the players that have currently tested negative. If LFTs tomorrow are positive then that could make the difference?

Might be LFTs on the players that have currently tested negative. If LFTs tomorrow are positive then that could make the difference?

Yeh but reason games in doubt is reportedly the PCRs are positive...if that were true gamw would have been canceled. This guy's making it sound like those guys are getting retested...
Won't happen

| Crystal Palace are still hoping game against Tottenham Hotspur will be called off but Premier League want to run a test tomorrow morning to confirm numbers before making a final. Vieira was hesitantly optimistic game will go on but two players tested positive. #THFC #COYS

Last Word On Spurs

@LastWordOnSpurs

·
7m

| Two playing members, two Kitchen staff, another two support staff means there is a chance numbers of #COVID cases will eventually go up. So like everyone one involved in the Premier League game, it will go done to the wire, this morning.

I don’t see what a fortnight break does. You’ll have perfectly healthy teams sitting at home waiting to play who might just catch it after that 2 weeks break. Just got to carry on and play when you can imo.

It gives time to agree some rules on a way forward, and gives clubs time to think about improving their covid protocols.

Things are being dealt with on the hoof at the moment. There is no clarity around what needs to happen for a game to be postponed.

If games continue to be called off with such regularity the final league positions will be, to a large degree, defined by chance.

fudge sake, I only live around the corner and I would like to fudging know if the game is on, let alone the thousands who are coming from further afoot.

Clearly, Crystal Palace are trying to duck out of this fixture as they know they'll get a kicking without their absolute top first 11 ready to take the pitch.

Don't let it happen, Spurs.

It gives time to agree some rules on a way forward, and gives clubs time to think about improving their covid protocols.

Things are being dealt with on the hoof at the moment. There is no clarity around what needs to happen for a game to be postponed.

If games continue to be called off with such regularity the final league positions will be, to a large degree, defined by chance.

They had a meeting last week and agreed on the rules moving forward.

As I read it the bolded bit means the game is already off

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2426753

Premier League rules provide a framework and discretion to the Board to assess whether a postponement application should be accepted.

As the guidance shows, the Board will consider the following principal factors when making a decision:

1) The impact of COVID-19 infections on a club’s squad, as well as injuries, illness and those isolating, and the number of players available on the squad list and any Under-21 players with appropriate experience. Where a club cannot field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper either from its squad list or its appropriately experienced Under-21 players, the match will be postponed.
2) The status of any COVID-19 outbreak within a club, including the number of individuals affected, the sequence and source of infections and their proximity to the match in question.
3) A club’s ability to safely prepare its players in the lead-up to a match.
4) Medical advice as to whether there is any unacceptable risk to the health and safety of players and staff by playing the match.
5) Any advice from UK Health Security Agency and other public bodies.
6) Any other exceptional circumstances.

The Board has applied these factors in recent postponements, with examples including:

- Where a club has been unable to field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper for a match due to COVID-19 infections, injuries, illness and/or those isolating.
- Where the status of a COVID-19 outbreak within a club’s squad remains unclear very close to a match. For example, where there remains a concern that not all COVID-19 infections have been identified and there is insufficient time to resolve that concern before kick-off.
- Where the club does not have sufficient time to safely prepare its players in the lead up to a match. For example, where the UK Health Security Agency has requested the closure of a training ground and suspension of group training following an outbreak during the preparation period ahead of a match.

So basically the board can postpone a game for any reason based on any number of situations. With current covid status over half the games a week will be shut down. Theres no easy solution to this problem but it's important that the competion should be fair to all clubs and not leave some with an impossible schedule later in the year.

I'm guessing they're hoping to get more positive tests this morning so it can be called off as a precaution.

Sounds right, though those PL rules, particularly the bolded, underlined bit, gives all clubs a way out if they want a game off

As I mentioned above though, its not the end of hte world if its cancelled as it'll mean we go to SOuthampton on the 28th fresh

We have two free midweeks in 3rd / 4th week of Jan, as I guess a lot fo clubs do, so games could be caught up soon. No FAC replays either keeping those slots clear too

Sounds right, though those PL rules, particularly the bolded, underlined bit, gives all clubs a way out if they want a game off

As I mentioned above though, its not the end of hte world if its cancelled as it'll mean we go to SOuthampton on the 28th fresh
Sorry but couldn’t disagree more. Firstly, even if we did want to be ‘fresh’ (something which is massively overplayed on here anyway) then Southampton would not be the game to waste that on. And regardless of being out of Europe there are going to be times where we are not fresh due to fixtures.

But more importantly we are getting to a point where we will have 5 plus games in hand on our top 4 rivals, going into the business end of the season. It’s all well and good saying ‘if we win all our games in hand we go fourth’ but there’s going to be a point where we have to win our games just to stay in touch and that is difficult for any team. And correct me if I’m wrong, but this club doesn’t exactly cover itself in glory when the pressure is on….

Would it kill them to make a statement now saying that tests have been done this morning and a final decision will be made once the results are in? At least we'd have some idea of what's happening.

But more importantly we are getting to a point where we will have 5 plus games in hand on our top 4 rivals

We have one in hand over Utd, 2 vs West Ham and 3 vs Arsenal

So even if today is cancelled, we're not at "5 plus"

Obviously today isn't within our control, though I guess that in the background we're trying to encourage the PL not to postpone

I know it will not be a popular view but personally I do not mind it being called off because I think it is stupid to expect teams to play on the 26th and the 28th
But you know it's going to bite us back when we play the 26th, 28th and 30th in March

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Not clear to me why games shouldnt be able to be confirmed/cancelled around say 10-11am on the day at the latest. It shouldnt take beyond this

Players at the club with cases take test at 7am
Sample couriered to lab
2-3 hours for result
Number of cases known by 10am, decision and announcement by 11am

We have one in hand over Utd, 2 vs West Ham and 3 vs Arsenal

So even if today is cancelled, we're not at "5 plus"

Obviously today isn't within our control, though I guess that in the background we're trying to encourage the PL not to postpone
And when it’s cancelled today you can add one more to those. And there’s no guarantee this will be the last game postponed for us. If Arsenal win today against Norwich they will be 9 points clear with 4 more games played. We are not just going to go on an amazing run with a clustered fixture list at the business end of the season. We need to be playing games and keeping the pressure on our rivals, if we aren’t playing then we are not doing that. Southampton are playing West Ham today, which will be a physical encounter for them. To say this will be good not to play so we can be fresh for Southampton is ridiculous, and I guarantee Conte will not be thinking anything like that at all….

Back