• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Norwich *****

Just back from the Lane, what a nightmare drive home. Stupid lane closures on the A10. Lane closure M25. Accident M1. Accident M6.

Almost spoiled the day, although the Norwich fan on 5Live cheered me up no end "If I were a Tottenham fan I would be worried, we had them in our pocket all afternoon"

Okay, we were far from brilliant, but at no point would I say we were in 'their' pocket. Me thinks that lad has been sleeping with his sister (who is also his mother probably), far too much it has addled his brain.

Great goal from Moura. Fantastic view from our seats in the Paxton, right behind that goal. Really pleased with the display from Sessegnon, fired in some great crosses, and despite giving him plenty of stick, well done Sanchez on a well-taken goal. Just needs to improve on his positioning and maybe their is a place in the squad after all..still only a maybe

Not gettting carried, it was 2 home league games we really had to win, and we did, GD reduced a little. Two tricky away days coming up, but winnable, before a real massive test v Liverpool
Took me 40 mins to do half a mile past the A10
Was a ball ache that was

We're far from in top gear but winning when playing badly (and keeping clean sheets) is a great sign. I fear for us against Liverpool but we can't ask for much more from the Conte reign than we've had. Getting us back in the top four mix was his fast objective given the easy fixtures he inherited. Keeping us up there will be the true test of the guy's talent. If he get Kane scoring that'll go a long way to securing it. Norwich for all the misery they've endured this season could well feel aggrieved not to scored at least once.

Just got back home from the match. Walked to Seven Sisters, tube to King's X, went to the hotel and picked up the luggage, taxi back to St. Pancras, train to Gatwick, another train to get from the south terminal to the north terminal, flew back to Norway, took another covid test (negative again) and drove home from the airport. Only took about 8 hours.

Managed to go to two Tottenham matches, another match at Plough Lane, a Manic Street Preachers concert at Wembley Arena, countless pubs and do the skywalk in four days without catching that bloody virus. Not to mention all the hours spent on public transport. Very much needed after two years without leaving the country, but the cost of the tests and the risk of ending up in isolation makes a repeat in the near future unlikely. Thankfully I haven't booked any flights for the NLD yet.

Just got back home from the match. Walked to Seven Sisters, tube to King's X, went to the hotel and picked up the luggage, taxi back to St. Pancras, train to Gatwick, another train to get from the south terminal to the north terminal, flew back to Norway, took another covid test (negative again) and drove home from the airport. Only took about 8 hours.

Managed to go to two Tottenham matches, another match at Plough Lane, a Manic Street Preachers concert at Wembley Arena, countless pubs and do the skywalk in four days without catching that bloody virus. Not to mention all the hours spent on public transport. Very much needed after two years without leaving the country, but the cost of the tests and the risk of ending up in isolation makes a repeat in the near future unlikely. Thankfully I haven't booked any flights for the NLD yet.

How did you find the skywalk? I think I might the next time I am over...

Didn’t go to the game but watched it on a dodgy box. Bit worrying how many chances we conceded against such a poor side but can’t complain about 1 league goal conceded in 4 games under Conte.

Thought Tanganga was awful and got the run around from their left winger.

Skipp and Moura were the highlights for me. Dier, Sanchez, and Davies were fine. Not sure they will be good enough when we play better teams but if anyone can get them performing it’s Conte. I give us a fighting chance for the top 4 this season because of Conte alone. Don’t think the squad or the starting 11 is good enough but we have a genuine world class manager who can hopefully elevate the team. But we still need to spend money on January and not on 31st, as close to Jan 1 as possible.

Didn’t go to the game but watched it on a dodgy box. Bit worrying how many chances we conceded against such a poor side but can’t complain about 1 league goal conceded in 4 games under Conte.

Thought Tanganga was awful and got the run around from their left winger.

Skipp and Moura were the highlights for me. Dier, Sanchez, and Davies were fine. Not sure they will be good enough when we play better teams but if anyone can get them performing it’s Conte. I give us a fighting chance for the top 4 this season because of Conte alone. Don’t think the squad or the starting 11 is good enough but we have a genuine world class manager who can hopefully elevate the team. But we still need to spend money on January and not on 31st, as close to Jan 1 as possible.
They did have a couple of golden chances that they fluffed, but so did we. 4-2 would have been a more accurate result, but we would still have come out on top.

So few thoughts from me:

1. Surprised the xG stats, as Norwich definitely had some chances they should have put away. However, we are running on fumes with the games, and whilst Norwich had those chances, I didnt have as much fear that we would struggle to score. I think under Conte we've nearly outscored what we did under Nuno (Brentford was our first game of the season to win by 2 goal margin)
  2. How good was Ben Davies? I've slated him a lot in the past, he's a safe bet, but yesterday he was outstanding, one assist for Son and technically should be a second for the flick for Sanchez. But more importantly, he seems to be causing problems down the left and keeps popping up in dangerous positions, better than he ever did as a LB
  3. Really missing Romero, Sanchez doesn't inspire confidence, his short passing game is truly atrocious. He's great on the hard yards, tackles, aerial, but short passing is woeful
  4. Skipp was brillaint again and really good driving from midfield
  5. Kane, eesh. Honestly should be benched. 1 goal, 1 assist in 14 games? He was good against Brentford last week despite not scoring but yesterday contributed little to our game
  6. Conte been in a month, and clearly the squad needs improving and I think that should happen in January fingers crossed, but you can really see a method in our play that has not been evident since Poch was our manager
  7. What of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele? Not much it seems. I'm ok with that. I think the whole fan base united for a change under Conte, and trust him to do what is necessary. Love his Instagram stories yesterday, sharing loads of Spurs fans posts
  8. Moura - i said it last season under Jose, gets a pasting but when he plays in the middle, he's one of our top performers. Under Jose, he was brilliant there and again he causes so much trouble in the middle. He makes defenders panic, He'll lose the ball a lot and that is frustrating, but he still out performs a lot of players on the day

So few thoughts from me:

1. Surprised the xG stats, as Norwich definitely had some chances they should have put away. However, we are running on fumes with the games, and whilst Norwich had those chances, I didnt have as much fear that we would struggle to score. I think under Conte we've nearly outscored what we did under Nuno (Brentford was our first game of the season to win by 2 goal margin)
  2. How good was Ben Davies? I've slated him a lot in the past, he's a safe bet, but yesterday he was outstanding, one assist for Son and technically should be a second for the flick for Sanchez. But more importantly, he seems to be causing problems down the left and keeps popping up in dangerous positions, better than he ever did as a LB
  3. Really missing Romero, Sanchez doesn't inspire confidence, his short passing game is truly atrocious. He's great on the hard yards, tackles, aerial, but short passing is woeful
  4. Skipp was brillaint again and really good driving from midfield
  5. Kane, eesh. Honestly should be benched. 1 goal, 1 assist in 14 games? He was good against Brentford last week despite not scoring but yesterday contributed little to our game
  6. Conte been in a month, and clearly the squad needs improving and I think that should happen in January fingers crossed, but you can really see a method in our play that has not been evident since Poch was our manager
  7. What of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele? Not much it seems. I'm ok with that. I think the whole fan base united for a change under Conte, and trust him to do what is necessary. Love his Instagram stories yesterday, sharing loads of Spurs fans posts
  8. Moura - i said it last season under Jose, gets a pasting but when he plays in the middle, he's one of our top performers. Under Jose, he was brilliant there and again he causes so much trouble in the middle. He makes defenders panic, He'll lose the ball a lot and that is frustrating, but he still out performs a lot of players on the day
XG only stands out if you take the actual shot
They had chances but shanked the shots so badly they barely registered on the xG scale I guess

ben Davies was great I agree. Its not gentle Ben anymore and he suits this team now. He really reminds me of Azpelecuetta the way he plays but on the left of course
I highlighted yesterday that I thought Sanchez was really poor. His short passing was awful hence why his completion stats were so bad. He did some decent defensive stuff but he also was caught out 4 times form the rewatch I’ve seen today. He even put his hands up twice while trotting back in a Really odd way as he running back slowly.

skipp has really stepped up. He is playing with a massive maturity

How did you find the skywalk? I think I might the next time I am over...

Not too bad as long as I avoided looking down too much while we were out over the pitch. We did have to stand out there for a few minutes as the guide was telling some stories and then we did some sound testing. Very good feedback considering we were only ten people up there shouting down in to the bowl. Being at the back is recommended for those who might feel the need to retreat from the edge for a second.

It’s massive as he can see who has adapted
Who is on the way
And who can’t
And we get 3 more points on the journey
Funny thing for me was my mate saying he will replace Davies first. Another game where I thought he was very decent and did nothing wrong defensively whilst contributing in attack. He is NO left back now but at LCB he can play like Azpelecuetta did for Conte at Chelsea

I’ll also throw in that we started with NO anew signings and only 2 players signed in the last 3 seasons IIRC (Reggie and Hojbjerg). That shows how much room for improvement we have
Davies is the best (best suited) player currently at the club to play in a back 3. I think we’ll sign a right sided centre back and then Romero will move into the role in the middle like he played for Atalanta. We’ll then have 3 players at the back who can all pass the ball.

Last edited:
Davies us the best (best suited) player currently at the club to play in a back 3. I think we’ll sign a right sided centre back and then Romero will move into the role in the middle like he played for Atalanta. We’ll then have 3 players at the back who can all pass the ball.
His central role at Atlanta was very different to how conte plays it. He was the aggressor pushing out every time. So far here thats been the right or left sided centre back, and Davies has been very good at it

Not too bad as long as I avoided looking down too much while we were out over the pitch. We did have to stand out there for a few minutes as the guide was telling some stories and then we did some sound testing. Very good feedback considering we were only ten people up there shouting down in to the bowl. Being at the back is recommended for those who might feel the need to retreat from the edge for a second.

excellent, a sound test? So could I sing ‘we are the Park Lane Tottenham’ really loudly up there? I think I will do it next time, albeit it will be a tad Capt Cackey Pants, but those caribeeners look strong and I’ll grip the rail like it was my johnson under attack!

excellent, a sound test? So could I sing ‘we are the Park Lane Tottenham’ really loudly up there? I think I will do it next time, albeit it will be a tad Capt Cackey Pants, but those caribeeners look strong and I’ll grip the rail like it was my johnson under attack!

The guide recommended the Winksy for anyone feeling a little nervous. When the players went up he grabbed onto the rail with both arms and slowly shuffled around sideways.

Back