• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial

Andre: "We are taking this game very seriously. It's difficult against Inter in their stadium, we will be focused" #THFC

Andre: "We were handed difficult draws against Lyon & Inter who are used to playing in the CL" #THFC

Andre: "We have done well so far by taking the tournament seriously and we want to do well" #THFC

Andre: "We are here to do our job and go through" #THFC

:eek: everyone wrote off Barca? can't say i noticed that, everyone i spoke with thought it'd turn out petty much exactly how it did

of course it is good to be wary but the tie is firmly in our favor and one goal from us will all but seal the tie, regardless of what Inter throw at us

:eek: everyone wrote off Barca? can't say i noticed that, everyone i spoke with thought it'd turn out petty much exactly how it did

of course it is good to be wary but the tie is firmly in our favor and one goal from us will all but seal the tie, regardless of what Inter throw at us

everyone I know, especially Barca fans said they will be lucky to get through. I guess most were expecting another world class performance from AC Milan. I guess due to the fact Barca have been dogbrick since Tito has gone.

I think it'll be a tight game. If we can keep possession, concentrate on defending, we'll create chances. I just hope we can finish and not have brain farts at the back again.

CL has thrown up a few warnings this week, in both the Milan and Munich games we've seen a complete reversal of performance by the 4 teams involved.

Inter showed enough against our strongest 10 at WHL to make me believe this wont be easy. We cant play a patched up side, just as Munich showed tonight.

Strongest possible team please. That includes Lloris in goal given Bale is out.

I think our youngsters will be more up for this than our more established senior players though (as has been the case for pretty much every Europa game save the last one) since the seniors will be thinking about conserving energy and avoiding injuries for our tough run-in. That's why I'd like to see Carroll and Holtby out there, they'll be desperate to impress and will give it their all. Coulthirst could have a run out too since he couldn't possibly do worse than Defoe or Adebayor :lol:

Lloris absolutely must start for me though. I think he'll be a little annoyed or deflated by the Suarez goal and could use this game to clear his head and build some momentum again. I respect Friedal but he has no future here, and it's not like keepers get injured easily.

Don't forget kick off is 6pm ITV4 so you'll have to rush home from work

Then Cheatski at 8 on ITV

Friedel is starting, no doubt about it. Personally I have no problem with it.

I dont agree. Tomorrows game is not one to get nervous in; a big club, big names, big stadium. We need a commanding presence at the back. Someone to come out and attack the ball, we need to be quick and decisive. Id much rather Brad played on Sunday to be honest if he needs a game - that would be far better suited to him.

Not particularly. If you recall Dembele and Parker went through Inter's midfielder like a hot knife through butter.

but Inter did create some chances and if they get an early goal,it could be a long night... particularly if we pose virtually no threat going forward and Parker starts his pirouetting deep and Moussa takes the night off. tbh, i am worried.

I'd love to see Spurs win this outright. The two points in the UEFA coefficient charts would be important. To blow a three-goal lead would be a huge setback for the club. Have to field a strong squad.

I dont agree. Tomorrows game is not one to get nervous in; a big club, big names, big stadium. We need a commanding presence at the back. Someone to come out and attack the ball, we need to be quick and decisive. Id much rather Brad played on Sunday to be honest if he needs a game - that would be far better suited to him.

You think Freidel will get nervous? A solid professional of how many years?

He'll manage fine.

Not Brad, the defenders. A few moments in the home game he didnt project confidence either.

Not sure which game you watched, in the one i watched he make a number of good saves, one excellent with his feet to stop Inter scoring in a one on one.

And we conceded no goals. Where is the lack of confidence coming from?

but Inter did create some chances and if they get an early goal,it could be a long night... particularly if we pose virtually no threat going forward and Parker starts his pirouetting deep and Moussa takes the night off. tbh, i am worried.

Inter created two proper chances all game - one from a deflected pass (that would have been harmless but for the deflection) and the other from a quickly taken free kick when our back line switched off momentarily.

Spurs, on the other hand, carved out countless chances. And Inter's man of the match - by a country mile - was their keeper.

We don't have Bale this time around but we still have enough to worry a very suspect Inter defence. And I also expect our pressing game once again to disrupt their ability to get any kind of a passing game going. This Inter team team are known to be very poor in possession when not allowed generous time and space.

Inter could certainly win this game. But winning by three or more goals while keeping a clean sheet? Would be a major upset.

This will be a real test of character for the team after the way we lost to Liverpool. It is going to be interesting how we respond to that defeat after being unbeaten for so long in the league. It is going to be even more challenging with Bale suspended. Can see this match being a difficult one for us, despite leading 3-0. I think Inter will be going on all out attack to try to overcome the aggregate score. They will be doing all they can to make up for the humiliating defeat in the first leg. They will be boosted by the way Barcelona overcome AC Milan and Arsenal almost doing the same against Bayern. Hope we turn up with the right mentality.

It is going to be interesting to see how we cope without Bale. Even at 3-0, we still need to do a lot of work to overcome Inter. Just can't see our defence keeping a clean sheet. So, we definately need to score atleast one goal to progress. With Adebayor, Defoe and Dempsey out of form, not sure who will get the goal for us. We simply need inspiration from somewhere to help us overcome Inter. Hope the likes of Dembele, Lennon(if fit) or even Sigurdsson will prove us just that.

Our midfield is going to be very crucial in this match. Dembele saved us against Lyon. Hope he can do that again. Dembele and Parker cannot let Inter dominate the midfield. We cannot let Inter create chances from midfield as that will put pressure on our defence. Hope Parker can be at his best to stop their attacks. At the same time, we need to create out own chances to try to kill off the tie. Hope Lennon will be fit for this match as he can trouble the old Inter defence.

After the way we conceded 3 goals against Liverpool, you cannot help but worried about our defence. We definately need to avoid those blunders if we want to progress. We don't have to take too much risk in defence. Players like Walker and BAE should concentrate on safety first rather than making it complicated. I will be annoyed if we keep making those stupid back passes to the goalie. Would prefer Lloris to start in goal but can see AVB fielding Friedel again. Hope we can keep out the Inter attacks.

After doing so well in the first leg and taking that convincing lead, we should not waste the chance to progress in EL. We need to concentrate fully and avoid getting complacent against Inter. After not winning a European trophy since 1984, we should do all we can to try to win it again. Hope we will put up out best performance and beat Inter to progress.

This will be a real test of character for the team after the way we lost to Liverpool. It is going to be interesting how we respond to that defeat after being unbeaten for so long in the league. It is going to be even more challenging with Bale suspended. Can see this match being a difficult one for us, despite leading 3-0. I think Inter will be going on all out attack to try to overcome the aggregate score. They will be doing all they can to make up for the humiliating defeat in the first leg. They will be boosted by the way Barcelona overcome AC Milan and Arsenal almost doing the same against Bayern. Hope we turn up with the right mentality.

It is going to be interesting to see how we cope without Bale. Even at 3-0, we still need to do a lot of work to overcome Inter. Just can't see our defence keeping a clean sheet. So, we definately need to score atleast one goal to progress. With Adebayor, Defoe and Dempsey out of form, not sure who will get the goal for us. We simply need inspiration from somewhere to help us overcome Inter. Hope the likes of Dembele, Lennon(if fit) or even Sigurdsson will prove us just that.

Our midfield is going to be very crucial in this match. Dembele saved us against Lyon. Hope he can do that again. Dembele and Parker cannot let Inter dominate the midfield. We cannot let Inter create chances from midfield as that will put pressure on our defence. Hope Parker can be at his best to stop their attacks. At the same time, we need to create out own chances to try to kill off the tie. Hope Lennon will be fit for this match as he can trouble the old Inter defence.

After the way we conceded 3 goals against Liverpool, you cannot help but worried about our defence. We definately need to avoid those blunders if we want to progress. We don't have to take too much risk in defence. Players like Walker and BAE should concentrate on safety first rather than making it complicated. I will be annoyed if we keep making those stupid back passes to the goalie. Would prefer Lloris to start in goal but can see AVB fielding Friedel again. Hope we can keep out the Inter attacks.

After doing so well in the first leg and taking that convincing lead, we should not waste the chance to progress in EL. We need to concentrate fully and avoid getting complacent against Inter. After not winning a European trophy since 1984, we should do all we can to try to win it again. Hope we will put up out best performance and beat Inter to progress.

I'm not worried about our defence.

Why would i be?

If Liverpool had ripped our defence apart and had huge numbers of chances then i would be. However that's not how it happened. It took four of our players to fudge up with huge errors for liverpool to score twice. I am confident that is more of a one off than a trend.

Our defence has looked the best part of our game in 2013.

Back