• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Brentford *****

Won each half (very unusual for us)
Clean sheet (bit of a rarity)
No red cards (Moss ... surprising)

No bad injuries or excessive yellows

Oh yeah ... 3 points

Happy enough

+ I presume your favourite player scored did he?

Won each half (very unusual for us)
Clean sheet (bit of a rarity)
No red cards (Moss ... surprising)

No bad injuries or excessive yellows

Oh yeah ... 3 points

Happy enough

Yes, just hoping Son limping slightly was just a niggle, he is more important to us than Kane right now

We still could have done better going forward, missed some lovely chances really. But. Its the best going forward we have looked in a very very long time, A clean sheet and you can see the formation and tactics starting to work and come together. A clean sheet in itself is good. I did not get too scared every time they attacked. Only when they had all those long throws.

@milo Skipp, Reggie, for motm for me.

So, me buckos.

Looking at the table right now - Arsenal losing at ManU - if we win the game in hand against Burnley - probably won't happen until next year - we go top four.

Just think about that.

We've been treading water (sewage, shurely. ed) all season. Had some utterly awful spells. Looked irretrievably bad.

And we're in shape to go top four. Yeah, long season still ahead. But we're in the hunt to go top four after all that duress and we've got a manager addicted to winning and achievement. Playing in a great stadium full of great fans. And probably a better transfer than anyone's letting on.

I can live with that.

Why is the bald medic guy always standing behind our oncoming subs now?
He's not a medic.
Come on man, he's been at the club for aeons. He's the guy that looks after noobs. He was in Croatia looking after little Daniel Levy.

I don't get this sub. Makes no sense. Winks for Moura.. makes zilch sense. We are being a bit more defensive.
The commentators said that for most of the game Hoj and Skipp had to deal with 3 midfielders!
Then Jensen came on and they couldn't cope with 4 so Winks came on to help out. Simple pimples.
Winks played well I thought. Much more progressive and confident, tried a few riskier passes, back heel, tried to beat a few men, good stuff.

sh1t, if we win our game in hand, we go 4th ?? what magickery is this ?? damn... but, we know when things look like they are going our way if we took our chances, better not put your house on it till it's just mathematically not possible for anything else to happen

Some - the few, the shameless, the reckless and dangerous - will suggest that had we played up more to our capabilities earlier in the season we'd be walking off with a top four spot. No.

We might have more closely approached our best levels in some games had Nuno shown a bit more ability. Assuming it was there to offer. Had we done so, we'd not have Conte as manager now. We'd be still muddling along under Nuno with little hope of raising our prospects toward a top four finish and United would have this inspirational man leading them.

Just the thought of going top four with one win - after all the nonsense of the past year or so - has to give every Spurs player a re-defined sense of purpose. We're lucky to have Conte and with him comes a chance to lift our heads and look upwards.

I can honestly say I never liked him when he was with Chelsea. Feared? Yes. Respected? Yes. Just thought he was a bit over the top. Now? I can see what he brings to a club. All that energy and passion comes with a keen tactical mind and a first-hand, fully learned knowledge of what players have to do to become their best.

How can our players not raise their levels under such guidance? I've already looked up local sources for Goji berries. And started reading the labels of processed food for contents information.

I can see where this sort of intense, detail-focused approach might generate a burnout point down the road, but how could you not respond in the manner he demands if you're one of our players? Any Spurs player not bringing a discernible improvement to their game - and we're seeing some already - within the next month fully deserves to be jettisoned.

Back