• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham offered Jonas

Well said. A case could be made that Wellbeck is a proven top 4 player, let alone a PL player, and he's just been bought by another top 4 team.

If Wellbeck isn't considered a proven player in the PL then I'd like to know who is.

And oh, while we are at it...looking at our team do we have any proven PL players then? (Besides Ade who people seem to hate and/or think is crap).

Cheers SC, and agreed Galeforce. Welbeck good enough for Fergie, England and now Wenger. I think we are going to regret missing out on him.

Should we get Bebe and Obertan while we're at it then?

I thought both of those players were bombed out by Fergie after being rarely used?

I have already said a fair amount on our failure to sign Welbeck.... I have heard excuses such as us wanting Rodriguez and therefore only wanting a loan, but those excuses just do not seem to make sense to me.

Firstly Southampton may not sell Rodriguez (and certainly not to us). Secondly he might not recover properly from his serious injury. Lastly if he does recover then other (more attractive) clubs may come in for him. Also, even if we end up signing J-Rod, Welbeck is a player at the right age, who is homegrown, better than 2 of our 3 current first team squad centre forwards and has a style of game that is more akin to our current first choice centre forward so would provide better cover and, perhaps, eventual replacement.

I would argue that we shouldn't have been interested in a loan deal for Welbeck at all, but instead should've really wanted him on a permanent.

Look, I'd only take Jonas if we get his brother too…then we'd be able to field The Jonas Brot…oh forget it, this joke is officially ****e!

Cheers SC, and agreed Galeforce. Welbeck good enough for Fergie, England and now Wenger. I think we are going to regret missing out on him.

This board has a sickness, any player we do get = ****, any player we don't get is suddenly the next great thing

- A team full of "good enough for Fergie" limped to ****ing 7th place last season with RVP & Rooney up front
- No matter what Wellbeck's potential may be, he is NOT a "proven striker" in the PL

Let's be clear, Danny "proven striker, top 4 material" Wellbeck in the 2nd best season of his career (last season) scored a grand total of 2 more goals than ****ing Paulinho in almost exactly the same number of appearances

So, let me restate, the man that people on this board are claiming we missed the boat on, who cost 16M as a proven PL striker, scored 2 more goals than the guy most people consider an invisible midfielder, in his 6th PL season vs. Paulinho's 1st. In 6 seasons Wellbeck has scored more 3 goals total twice ...

I really don't get it? did I miss the youtube video, what am I not seeing?

you seem to be putting a lot of stock in goals scored, which probably isn't the best way to judge a player who doesn't often get to play as a CF

I thought both of those players were bombed out by Fergie after being rarely used?

I have already said a fair amount on our failure to sign Welbeck.... I have heard excuses such as us wanting Rodriguez and therefore only wanting a loan, but those excuses just do not seem to make sense to me.

Firstly Southampton may not sell Rodriguez (and certainly not to us). Secondly he might not recover properly from his serious injury. Lastly if he does recover then other (more attractive) clubs may come in for him. Also, even if we end up signing J-Rod, Welbeck is a player at the right age, who is homegrown, better than 2 of our 3 current first team squad centre forwards and has a style of game that is more akin to our current first choice centre forward so would provide better cover and, perhaps, eventual replacement.

I would argue that we shouldn't have been interested in a loan deal for Welbeck at all, but instead should've really wanted him on a permanent.

Well said, missing out on Wellbeck and only having 6 HG players is poor by us, and I fear another trophyless season is upon us.

you seem to be putting a lot of stock in goals scored, which probably isn't the best way to judge a player who doesn't often get to play as a CF

I'm sorry, but isn't he a striker? call it a striker who players wide, striker who plays in the hole, whatever ...

Big sides create more opportunities for their front line players than "non top 4" teams, in the year Manchester United won the PL he scored 2 goals, Evra scored 4 as a comparison.

Listen, I'm not saying Welbeck is ****, I'm saying another non WC midfield/wide/striker who doesn't have any guarantee of goals, isn't super creative, for 16M is not some miss to go drama queen over.

Back