• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur (We Go Again) v Wolves ****

It’s what it is
Being there is bigger than any cup other than the title
Money in football has meant that and yet it’s wrong for fans on every level
People starting to sneer at the CL as they are wrongly in my opinion believing we qualify at the expense of the cups.

Regardless of that all clubs should be aiming to achieve as high as they can in the league regardless what level you play, if CL qualification comes as part of that you absolutely take it and look forward to pitching yourself against the best in the continent.

These overly speculated and conflated ideas about Spurs which revolve around the CL somehow are laughable IMO, standing on the terraces watching Neil Redfern score against us in 97 we couldn't be further away from the CL, now we play in it people are turning their noses up at it...

Madness really but each to their own

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Does it even matter if we win on Wednesday? We’re not going to win this competition. The height of this club’s ambition is to qualify for the CL which keeps the revenues sky high. Winning trophies doesn’t appear to be on our agenda. Feels like Arsenal in the last 10 years under Wenger. Kept them in the CL which satisfied the club hierarchy. It’s only when he stopped finishing 4th that they politely pushed him out.
Anything can happen. We were 3-0 down with 45 minutes to go in Amsterdam, and still made the final. Once in the knock outs, you never know.

Even though they were always above us we spent years mocking Arsenal for the 4th place cup and now we're them without the FA Cup wins obviously

Yep. They’ve won it 9 times since we last won it in 1991. More than we’ve won it in our entire history. And they’ve about to win the league this season. Brilliant.

Instead we lose at earlier stages.

The level of flimflam you kid yourself with is both hilarious / terrifying in equal measures, I'm not even sure what you trying to achieve with your general delusion but I should thank you for running the forum in which I and many can vent their anger at our entirely bizarre club..

You're sincerely advising that our "Third team" / reserves are better than Leicester's first team and as such, would have won? It's like suggesting because today is Saturday, tomorrow is going to be Tuesday, beyond stupidity, but you're not going to own up to it, because fudgein because.lol.
No need to insult the methods purely because you don't/can't understand them.

If I get enough time later this week I'll explain them in even more simple terms for you.

I just can’t get excited about finishing in the top 4 when that’s the height of our ambition.
It's not the height of our ambition, but should be trying to finish as high as possible whether that is 1st, 4th or whatever.
Top 4 gives us a shot at the biggest competition. The chances of us winning it are small but we came close recently so we should be looking to have a go at it every year. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying to win the other cups as well.

Anything can happen. We were 3-0 down with 45 minutes to go in Amsterdam, and still made the final. Once in the knock outs, you never know.

Do you think we have anything like that level of motivation, team spirit and cavalier capability now to be able to recreate that.

Once that shot came in for the Wolves goal, was little that Forster could do except get his body behind it. For a keeper it's an awkward position. Forster at fault for earlier ones where he didn't push the shots to the side but this was too quick.

Adama was pretty lucky with the goal too, hit the cross bar before going in. Son and Porro hit the woodwork for us too.

In our attacks almost all of our shots were blocked by a defender. Wolves were hungrier/quicker/fitter and that's troubling. We've seen how our performance slumps after a hard win, I believe that generally fitness levels and sharpness are not at the optimum level.

Lopetegui played narrow with his players tight. There were a lot of niggling body checks that went unnoticed. Kulu, Son, Skipp and Kane on the receiving end mostly. They didn't know how to give back/take advantage. Kane and Kulu especially, almost totally marked out of the game unless they were running with the ball.

Of note, Wolves had 5 changes by the 70th minute. That's half the outfield players. Looks to me that counted for Wolves increasing dominance in the second half. I think Conte's poor sub utilisation can explain the general lethargy of the team this season and why players seem to come into games cold and ineffective.

I agree. If we were winning our other games, people would have said today was unlucky. Because we're stop-start, they're calling this performance a shambles. The fact of the matter, however, was that Wolves created fudge all and we had some decent chances, which the xG (0.44 - 1.34) and the general picture of the game bears out.

And Forster needs to start pushing the ball to the sides. All his saves put the ball right back into play down the middle or our area.

Yep. Wolves did everything they could to slow the game down and get us out of our rhythm. Which is perfectly legal, of course, but I don't think we should blame our players for being slow and undetermined or whatever. We fought, but they kept fouling and slowing us down.

Crazy that we are still in 4th. Everything to play for still. Conte back ASAP. Shame we can't get Bentancur back too. Fans underestimate how important both are to us.

No we haven't. Our form has been up and down all season. We've had 4 wins in our last 6 league games, including wins against City and Chelsea.

Could not our up and down form indeed be because we've been found out tactically?
After all, we've not won away to any of our top 4/6 rivals (in fact only winning one vs City if we talk about teams in and around the top 6 THIS season) and it has been a while since we conceded and came back to draw/win...

Could not our up and down form indeed be because we've been found out tactically?
After all, we've not won away to any of our top 4/6 rivals (in fact only winning one vs City if we talk about teams in and around the top 6 THIS season) and it has been a while since we conceded and came back to draw/win...
If we've been found out tactically then why haven't all teams been able to beat us? Winning 4 out of 6 would say that we haven't been found out.
I'd say the up and down form is due to carrying a couple of players that are not good enough and it's hard to do that week in week out.

If we've been found out tactically then why haven't all teams been able to beat us? Winning 4 out of 6 would say that we haven't been found out.
I'd say the up and down form is due to carrying a couple of players that are not good enough and it's hard to do that week in week out.

When you are found out tactically it means teams with similar resources to you generally beat you and you tend to win almost exclusively when playing teams who if all things (coaching, tactics, effort etc) are equal you expect to beat because you have better players...which is what we've seen save for the Emirates Marketing Project home game

Back