• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Swansea City OMT ***

82nd is longer than I would have given him if in charge for sure. But with the options on the bench being Townsend and Chadli, meaning that the option on the bench was a not in form Chadli that has at times shown some suspect work rate and the control of the game very much in the balance I think keeping the hard working Lamela on for quite a while seems like a solid decision. For me he would have gone somewhere between 60 and 70, but what Poch did worked fine and it's not like Chadli has looked likely to chang the flow of games all that often from the bench.

Serious question to you: Do you really not think Swansea are a good team?

No, they are not dross by any means, but they are not the type of team that should have us on the ropes for 45-50 minutes of a match.

I'm not going to compare Poch to previous managers, but in the past we have struggled to win against lower (teams that finish below 8th), but now, twice in a week (Palace and Swansea), those lower level teams have smelled blood, went at us, and had us hanging on for dear ****ing life, just not acceptable, our squad is not that bad.

We hadn't even played 15 minutes before the cries started about Lamela all the time.

Kane did not have a 'great' game. He scored, but overall no more than good.

Here's my order of where Poch went wrong

- We needed a sub at HT (see my HT post), it was clear if we didn't change something we were highly likely to concede.
- Lamela was giving away the ball, causing fouls, could have been sent off twice, so he had to come off (Poch made a huge unnecessary gamble that would have backfired if the ref made a different choice)
- Chadli/Dembele for Lamela would have been obvious
- Stambouli in for one of Mason/Bentaleb would have been the second obvious play (see if we got hold of midfield and give our front two more service)
- Soldado off would have been my last play, big part because of the message dropping to one striker sends

All subs should have been done by 70-75 minutes.

My opinion remains Poch missed his opportunity to proactively affect the game, when we fell behind he made no attempt to win it, just trying to hold on for a draw and individual endeavor from Kane/Eriksen won the game.

Outside of a reasonable first 11 selection, I say no progress in style/system/managerial impact

And that's where I disagree. Throwing on more attackers isn't the only way to win a game and whether Soldado went off or Lamela went off I don't think it really makes a difference, neither were offering much but for me Lamela works harder and at least tries to get stuck in, whether he's any good at it is a different matter but ineffective striker off, centre mid on was a pretty straight forward and logical change to make.

No, they are not dross by any means, but they are not the type of team that should have us on the ropes for 45-50 minutes of a match.

I'm not going to compare Poch to previous managers, but in the past we have struggled to win against lower (teams that finish below 8th), but now, twice in a week (Palace and Swansea), those lower level teams have smelled blood, went at us, and had us hanging on for dear ****ing life, just not acceptable, our squad is not that bad.

=D>

Here's my order of where Poch went wrong

- We needed a sub at HT (see my HT post), it was clear if we didn't change something we were highly likely to concede.
- Lamela was giving away the ball, causing fouls, could have been sent off twice, so he had to come off (Poch made a huge unnecessary gamble that would have backfired if the ref made a different choice)
- Chadli/Dembele for Lamela would have been obvious
- Stambouli in for one of Mason/Bentaleb would have been the second obvious play (see if we got hold of midfield and give our front two more service)
- Soldado off would have been my last play, big part because of the message dropping to one striker sends

All subs should have been done by 70-75 minutes.

My opinion remains Poch missed his opportunity to proactively affect the game, when we fell behind he made no attempt to win it, just trying to hold on for a draw and individual endeavor from Kane/Eriksen won the game.

Outside of a reasonable first 11 selection, I say no progress in style/system/managerial impact

While I agree with your HT idea, not sure if I do likewise about your assertion that Poch was just holding our for a draw. There are times when you need to consolidate before reversing the flow of a game...

We hadn't even played 15 minutes before the cries started about Lamela all the time.

Kane did not have a 'great' game. He scored, but overall no more than good.

Far far better than Lamela, who is looking more and more like an Argentinian Townsend

Agreed, he is hardly clinical but always has the ability to hurt you when he is on the pitch

Are you aware Bony has scored more goals in this calendar year than any other premiership player? If he is "hardly clinical" I shudder to think how you would describe Soldado?

Last edited:
Kane had a passing accuracy of 70%, meaning he gave away the ball more often than Lamela. Why isn't he getting bashed?

Are you serious or just posing a question?

It is obvious that Kane had an influence on the game, not saying he is a great player he may not be good enough for us for where we want to get to. His nationality has nothing to do with it, Lamela is just not good enough and it looks like he never will be.

I love you all :)

Keep this great debate going! When did Raziel get so feisty I'm loving you lately mate :)

Hell I even agreed with stuff AfricanSpurs was saying earlier something must be wrong (Joking brother)

We won today boys lets all just have a kiss and a little cuddle eh?

What a load of fu*cking shait a*shole supporters we have on this forum! We've just won away at Swansea, who before this game was the 2nd best home team in the league, and had only conceded 5 goals! And still all there is here is complaining and abuse of the players and team! We weren't outstanding, but we held out when under pressure, and players stood up, showed character and got the winner in the end! Thought Walker was very good considering he got an early yellow. Bentaleb kept cool and did the right things at the right time. Lloris didn't have to make many saves. VERY GOOD WIN! COYS!

Are you aware he has scored more goals in this calendar year than any other premiership player? If he is "hardly clinical" I shudder to think how you would describe Soldado?

I was aware of that and still maintain that he is not as clinical as someone like Aguero or Costa. That said he is certainly a good striker. I don't think I have the words to describe Soldado's performances for us. Abysmal maybe?

Edited to add that Charlie Austin has scored more goals than Bony so far this season

Last edited:
Are you serious or just posing a question?

It is obvious that Kane had an influence on the game, not saying he is a great player he may not be good enough for us for where we want to get to. His nationality has nothing to do with it, Lamela is just not good enough and it looks like he never will be.

I never mentioned nationality. I mentioned Kane because he's a player that's guilty of a lot the same things that Soldado and Lamela gets criticized for all the time, missing chances and losing the ball. All three are hard working.

Claiming Lamela will never be good enough is ridiculous. The same has been said about Kane for years. There were posts during the game suggesting Routledge is better. Have people forgotten how useless he was for us? Given time he has eventually become useful. Not saying Lamela WILL or how long it's going to take, but to simply discard him already is just ridiculous.

What a load of fu*cking shait a*shole supporters we have on this forum! We've just won away at Swansea, who before this game was the 2nd best home team in the league, and had only conceded 5 goals! And still all there is here is complaining and abuse of the players and team! We weren't outstanding, but we held out when under pressure, and players stood up, showed character and got the winner in the end! Thought Walker was very good considering he got an early yellow. Bentaleb kept cool and did the right things at the right time. Lloris didn't have to make many saves. VERY GOOD WIN! COYS!

Do not think the is any abuse but it has to be said that we are not playing well and riding our luck, I hope Poch gets the team playing the way he wants before that luck runs out.

P
I never mentioned nationality. I mentioned Kane because he's a player that's guilty of a lot the same things that Soldado and Lamela gets criticized for all the time, missing chances and losing the ball. All three are hard working.

Claiming Lamela will never be good enough is ridiculous. The same has been said about Kane for years. There were posts during the game suggesting Routledge is better. Have people forgotten how useless he was for us? Given time he has eventually become useful. Not saying Lamela WILL or how long it's going to take, but to simply discard him already is just ridiculous.

Commentator said that Routledge played 5 games for us in 2.5 years how useless was he????

I want to agree with you and as others have pointed out we need to write off last season. However, basing him on this season, rabona aside, he has offered very little. Today he was woeful. Let's see where we are in May I say.

Back