• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

Ah, cheers for that.

Any idea what happens if we lose v Monaco and Anderlecht beat Qarabag. We both beat each other 2-1 in our home legs. Would GD come into then to determine Group winners?

Yes. If both of the final games were won by a one goal margin, then GD would be level too. Then it goes to total goals scored (Spurs currently 2 ahead), away goals scored (which is level and can't change), total number of wins (which would be the same), number of away wins (which is level and can't change), red/yellow cards and finally UEFA coefficient!

I can't believe the negativity being lump on our performance in this game by the media, I used to watch CL regularly over the years and this was a typical Euro match. We had over 60% of possession, had 24 attempts at goal, hit woodwork twice and rarely looked under pressure. If this had been Woolwich, United, Chelski or Liverpooh this performance would have been hailed as professional, but us its dull. Just because most of the media have never heard of Qarabag they assume they are mugs, they may not be a top team but they were well drilled defensively and tidy on the ball.

I can't believe the negativity being lump on our performance in this game by the media, I used to watch CL regularly over the years and this was a typical Euro match. We had over 60% of possession, had 24 attempts at goal, hit woodwork twice and rarely looked under pressure. If this had been Woolwich, United, Chelski or Liverpooh this performance would have been hailed as professional, but us its dull. Just because most of the media have never heard of Qarabag they assume they are mugs, they may not be a top team but they were well drilled defensively and tidy on the ball.

They've certainly given us a good game over both legs

I thought we played well, though I only saw the last 40 minutes in full. We were probing purposefully and the goal always felt inevitable (two woodworks shortly beforehand).

Remember Qarabag at home was about the most threatening attack we've faced all season too, and we neutralised that.

It's just ignorance by people who don't understand how not particularly outstanding a level the EPL is anymore. Anderlecht and Qarabag would come maybe 8-12th if they competed in our league.

It's just ignorance by people who don't understand how not particularly outstanding a level the EPL is anymore. Anderlecht and Qarabag would come maybe 8-12th if they competed in our league.
Lol, no way. Anderlecht raised their game massively against us because it's a big game and they don't play those very often. Once they are in the PL they play those kind of matches all the time and can't keep playing like that week in week out. Besides, their top-striker from last year is now at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. That says it all. Qarabag are a poor team, they have Eredivisie rejects like Armenteros and Poepon, lol. They benefit heavily from their home-ground being so far removed. Once they are in the PL and presumambly playing in England as well, they will be found out.

I do agree with what you are saying, however I never get to concerned what the media say about us to be honest. What gets me is the negativity by some of our fans about these games, to listen to some of the bleating you would think we are playing the Dog and Duck. The truth is that Qarabag are a decent team and caused us a few problems the same can be said about Andelecht as well, the truth is in some cases there are fans who think the only thing that matters is the CL ( brainwashed by Sky) and that we are above the likes of those that play in the EL.

Professional is exactly how I would describe it.

Said during the first half (though not on here) that I felt we were playing well and that our goal would come. We were playing fairly fast from the back, quite a lot of one and two touch passing moving the ball around and finding our attacking players in decent positions. They limited us to shots from range, some crosses, set pieces and only rarely we got real chances. But we made them work really hard to contain us and it seemed overwhelmingly likely that our efforts would be rewarded as they tired. There were real signs of that at the end of on the first half. And is often the case the game opened up quite a bit after 15-20 minutes of the second half and we started creating real quality chances.

We did all this looking like we weren't even out of second gear. We didn't have to press them particularly hard, though we were effective. And we kept possession without leaving ourselves particularly exposed to counter attacks. With the Chelsea game on Sunday I can understand the players holding back a bit.

Probably influenced by our recent great run of results, but I felt very confident even during our first half when we were struggling.

The difference between this and what we were doing when we struggled under AVB was pretty clear to me. I also think there's a difference between what we were doing and what we've seen from Manu United this season when they've been accused of being boring.

It was nice to get this win which puts us in to the next round of EL. But wish we had won this more comfortably. We played well but until the late goal by Kane, we didn't look like scoring apart from hitting the post twice. We really need to improve our away record in Europe if we want to go further in Europe. This was our first away win in 4 matches in Europe. And we have only won 3 in 10 away matches in Europe now. In fact, we have not beaten a decent European team away since beating AC Milan in the CL in 2011. All our away wins in Europe have been against shyte teams since then. Hope Pochettino will improve our away record in Europe.

Credit to Kane for getting our only goal. It is great to see him continue his goal run. He has now scored 9 goals in his last 6 matches. Hope he will continue his goal run. Son and Alli was unlucky not to score as their shots hit the post. But for all the chances we created, we should have score more than the 1 goal. Eriksen should have done better with the free kick late in the match. Despite our good form now, we really need to be more clinical in front of goal.

Thought our midfield played well despite missing Dembele and Lamela. Qarabag were shyte but atleast we didn't make many unforced errors in midfield. Still not fully convinced of Mason but thought he had a decent game. It was encouraging to see Njie coming back from injury. And he did well to win the freekick for Eriksen after coming on. Atleast now we have more options in attack.

It was nice to keep a clean sheet for once ! This is our first clean sheet in 7 matches ! Hope we can keep more clean sheets like this. But Qarabag were so shyte that we could have played Vorm in goal and Fazio and Wimmer in defence.

With us now confirmed to be in Round of 32, we need to play much better than this if we are to go very far in the EL. Hope we will improve our performances and aim to go atleast until the semi final which we have never reached before.

A fudging GREAT performance AND result.

That might actually be the best i've seen us play away in Europe against a park-the-bus-but-actually-very-technically-adept-and-good-on-the-breakside.

The way we passed (mostly) was excellent (esp given what seemed like a brick pitch) and the patience and discipline we showed to stay solid and not lose our heads with frustration was something to behold. No 'turgid' LVG or AVB style possession either.

If only fans at the Lane could have similar patience in tight games to appreciate what seems to be happening with the side, we could reap some truly great long-term rewards.

Oh, and Harryis going back into machine mode again!:)

Great stuff. COYS!!

Well said.

Back