• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich City OMT ***

And actually.

January for Sig:

Started against Reading
Started against Coventry in the FA-cup
Came off the bench for 10 minutes against QPR
Stayed on the bench against Manu
Started against Leeds
Came off the bench for 5-10 minutes today.

3 starts in the last 6. Sure two of those were FA-cup games, but having fallen behind Dempsey in the pecking order that's kind of what happens. He's still getting game time, he's still getting chances.

would like to see his shots on goal and passing stats against those on a per minute basis to get another perspective.
anyone noticed that he's hit the woodwork like 3 times so far?

His last 5 league substitute appearnaces for us

Stoke = 78th minute
Aston Villa = 80th minute
Sunderland = 90th minute
QPR = 80th minute
Norwich = 87th min

No it's not a coincidence that the same damn player comes on at the same damn time 6 or so times in a row when he's on the bench. He might rate those players higher but i refuse to believe he genuinely thought they were going to contribute something 6 times in a row and then finally realise it might not be their game at the same damn time all the time. That' to you might be a possibility but to me it isn't.

That's not really what "running out of steam" means.

If he rates Dempsey and Lennon higher than it makes sense to wait with the sub until they are really tiring instead of taking of a better player to bring on someone who's (currently) inferior earlier in the half.

Based on their performances in recent months I think it would be very reasonable for AVB to genuinely think that Lennon and Dempsey would contribute something in our games...

Steff, TBH mate, we can't afford to give leeway right now.

I was trying to find, or offer, some mitigating circumstance/factor behind Scotty's poor showing. Along with a few others I was not quiet in mentioning this during the earlier parts of the thread. I DO think/hope that lack of proper match fitness is affecting him a bit? But trust me, I am not blind and I can see the sorts of things creeping back into his game that, TBH, I thought had been coached out of him!!!!

That was a shyte performance and a shyte result. The only positive to take from this match is Bale's wonder goal. Other that that, there was nothing we can be proud about. It is a pity Holtby couldn't inspire us to win on his debut. We lost valuable points in our race for top 4. Fortunately for us, all our rivals except Everton also lost points.

We needed to show good reaction to our FA Cup defeat to Leeds. But we just couldn't lift our game, especially in the 1st half. It is annoying why we didn't start the game like how we finished it. Not sure if we were still affected by the demoralising defeat to Leeds, but most of the players lacked the determination and effort to win the match in the 1st half. We did well in the 2nd half but just we ran out of time.

It was a brilliant individual goal by Bale. He was poor for most of the match but when he decided to lift his game, there was no one who could stop him. If only he had showed that effort a bit more, we could have won this match comfortably. Defoe badly needed a goal to lift his confidence but he just can't seem to get a goal now. It didn't help us that Dempsey couldn't continue his goal scoring run. We hardly looked like scoring for most of the match, apart from Bale's goal and the effort from Sigurdson which the goalie saved.

I think we lost the midfield battle as Dembele and Parker were poor for most of the match. I thought Dembele was exceptionally bad that he should have been replaced by Holtby instead of Dempsey. Holtby did well on his debut but think he will need more time to deliver for us. Disappointed by Lennon as he was anonymous for most of the match. Fortunately for our midfield, there was Bale who could saved the match for us.

Again not impressed by our defence. It was a soft goal to give away to Norwich. Even Lloris did not have a good game as he should have done better for the goal. Maybe the weather condition affected his concentration. Dawson and Vertonghen looked shakey for most of the match as well.

We are now winless in our last 3 league matches. We need to get a win fast to stop this mini crisis and get back into the top 4 race. One positive thing we can take is, we are now unbeaten in 8 league matches as well, even if only 4 are wins. Just hope we will get back on out winning mood soon.

Back