• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

I have a horrible feeling we're going to get spanked.
United do not look like they are playing as a team to me. If we can approach the game like we have our best performances this season and play as a unit, then I think that we can win this. This is why I think that it is important for us to put out our strongest side, we need the players who have bought into Poch's methods out there.

United do not look like they are playing as a team to me. If we can approach the game like we have our best performances this season and play as a unit, then I think that we can win this. This is why I think that it is important for us to put out our strongest side, we need the players who have bought into Poch's methods out there.

They may not be playing as a team (could not the same be said of us??) but they have finishing power that is big enough to cover up for this and the worry has to be that their forwards will take a higher percentage of their chances than ours will.

Honestly some of the posts on Glory glory just leave me completely bewildered. We are apparently so good we should be spanking teams like Burnley, Crystal Palace every week. These are not pub teams, they've managed to find their way into the elite of football so have something about them. Tomorrow we are playing a Man utd team who'll most likely line up with Mata, Di Maria, Van persie, Rooney, Falcao, Carrick, all of whom are miles better in their respective positions than anyone in our team; yet posters are expecting us to win? This also is a team in a rich vein of form. It's like some fans are setting us up to fail, no wonder fans feel despondent when we don't win with such unrealistic ambitions. I don't want to sound unambitious but considering we fare still developing as a team I would be over the moon with a draw.

They may not be playing as a team (could not the same be said of us??) but they have finishing power that is big enough to cover up for this and the worry has to be that their forwards will take a higher percentage of their chances than ours will.
At our best we have definitely played as a team this season and this is definitely what we are trying to work towards. At our worst we have looked disjointed but this is always going to be the risk with young players getting used to a new system.

A team playing as a unit should have the better of talented individuals. We should know this better than most from some of our disappointments from the past.

Exactly.

At our best we have definitely played as a team this season and this is definitely what we are trying to work towards. At our worst we have looked disjointed but this is always going to be the risk with young players getting used to a new system.

A team playing as a unit should have the better of talented individuals. We should know this better than most from some of our disappointments from the past.

But they have several match winners and in the end the superior quality counts over endeavour we also know that from some past disappointments

Honestly some of the posts on Glory glory just leave me completely bewildered. We are apparently so good we should be spanking teams like Burnley, Crystal Palace every week. These are not pub teams, they've managed to find their way into the elite of football so have something about them. Tomorrow we are playing a Man utd team who'll most likely line up with Mata, Di Maria, Van persie, Rooney, Falcao, Carrick, all of whom are miles better in their respective positions than anyone in our team; yet posters are expecting us to win? This also is a team in a rich vein of form. It's like some fans are setting us up to fail, no wonder fans feel despondent when we don't win with such unrealistic ambitions. I don't want to sound unambitious but considering we fare still developing as a team I would be over the moon with a draw.

I'm guessing this is referring to me. If you could just quote where I(or anyone else) has said we should expect to win that would be great. As for their rich vein of form, are we not on a similarly rich run ourselves? Also, have you watched these games? Last thing, here's their away form this season:

Code:
20.12.14        PRE     Aston Villa	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 1	
08.12.14	PRE	Southampton	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 2	
22.11.14	PRE	Arsenal	         Manchester Utd	   1 : 2	
02.11.14	PRE	Emirates Marketing Project	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 0	
20.10.14	PRE	West Brom	 Manchester Utd	   2 : 2	
21.09.14	PRE	Leicester	 Manchester Utd	   5 : 3	
30.08.14	PRE	Burnley	         Manchester Utd	   0 : 0	
24.08.14	PRE	Sunderland	 Manchester Utd    1 : 1

Are we really so bad that we're going to get twonked? They haven't done it to any other side so why us?

But they have several match winners and in the end the superior quality counts over endeavour we also know that from some past disappointments
Absolutely, they have some great players but also some glaring weaknesses. If we are at our best, I think that we can get something from this but I am not arguing that this is a foregone conclusion.

I'm guessing this is referring to me. If you could just quote where I(or anyone else) has said we should expect to win that would be great. As for their rich vein of form, are we not on a similarly rich run ourselves? Also, have you watched these games? Last thing, here's their away form this season:

Code:
20.12.14        PRE     Aston Villa	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 1	
08.12.14	PRE	Southampton	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 2	
22.11.14	PRE	Arsenal	         Manchester Utd	   1 : 2	
02.11.14	PRE	Emirates Marketing Project	 Manchester Utd	   1 : 0	
20.10.14	PRE	West Brom	 Manchester Utd	   2 : 2	
21.09.14	PRE	Leicester	 Manchester Utd	   5 : 3	
30.08.14	PRE	Burnley	         Manchester Utd	   0 : 0	
24.08.14	PRE	Sunderland	 Manchester Utd    1 : 1

Are we really so bad that we're going to get twonked? They haven't done it to any other side so why us?

No not just you mate sorry if it came across that way. I am concerned that many fans are building this up and if we get beaten tomorrow this site will be in melt down with ever increasing calls for Poch to be sacked as I read a few games back.

And if we do lose the same people will be moaning at their favourite spacegoat.

No not just you mate sorry if it came across that way. I am concerned that many fans are building this up and if we get beaten tomorrow this site will be in melt down with ever increasing calls for Poch to be sacked as I read a few games back.

The site will always go in to meltdown if we lost at home to anyone.

But this United side has been the victim/benefactor of very poor finishing from the opposition in a lot of games recently. They have had some incredibly clinical finshing. Some terrible defensive errors against them. Etc....

Basically - they are beatable, whereas Chelsea and City don't seem to be.

Play a similar game to the one we played against Arsenal away and Everton at home, and we'll have a decent chance of getting a win imo. Let them have the ball, pinch it from them in midfield and get quick numbers in support to have a run through their w*nk defence.

ITK on SC hinting that the team will be

Lloris; Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Mason, Bentaleb; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen; Kane

Pinch of salt required. I wouldn't mind it but I really think we should be going 442/4411 with Lennon on the right and try to replicate the performance vs Everton.

Someone on twitter just said: Midday game between the two teams with the luckiest run of results in the league?

True to some extent. Anyones game.

Someone on twitter just said: Midday game between the two teams with the luckiest run of results in the league?

True to some extent. Anyones game.

I agree, their results away to Arsenal and Southampton were just as lucky as ours yesterday. That said, it can't just be luck that it keeps on happening, both sides must be doing something right.

I agree, their results away to Arsenal and Southampton were just as lucky as ours yesterday. That said, it can't just be luck that it keeps on happening, both sides must be doing something right.
We have players who take chances. We have exceptional keepers. And the refs have been kind.

Their defence is championship standard at best, they aren't that good

The one thing in our favour is that history shows that Rooney's form tends to go in cycles. He just had his best game of the season so hopefuly he will be invisible tomorrow (watch him score a hat trick now).

If I was rating the staring 11s out of ten (per player) they would be roughly 50% 9s and 50% 6s, whereas Id rate a lot of ours currently at 7s and 8s

I think the overall quality is very similar. They have match winners but we look much more of a team and we look more comfortable with the system imo (defence and attack)

The ref could have a big part to play in this too (as has happened in plenty of these ganes) and being the home side should have a positive effect on us

Back