• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

de Gea
Jones McNair Evans
Carrick
Valencia Mata Rooney Young
Falcao van Persie

That team doesn't impress me at all. They're still capable of smashing us but if we play it right and do our jobs properly then I'm confident we can win. There's two teams in this league where I don't think we can expect to have a realistic shot at beating and Utd aren't one of those sides. COYS.

de Gea
Jones McNair Evans
Carrick
Valencia Mata Rooney Young
Falcao van Persie

That team doesn't impress me at all. They're still capable of smashing us but if we play it right and do our jobs properly then I'm confident we can win. There's two teams in this league where I don't think we can expect to have a realistic shot at beating and Utd aren't one of those sides. COYS.

Which of our players would realistically get in even this injury ravaged side?

Honestly, I'd have Rooney to play alongside Kane, not particularly fussed about the rest. If they're stronger in all 11 positions then why'd they finish below us last season?

o-DAVID-MOYES-facebook.jpg

Honestly, I'd have Rooney to play alongside Kane, not particularly fussed about the rest. If they're stronger in all 11 positions then why'd they finish below us last season?

Sherwood was better than Moyes?

I think you have some pretty strong Spurs rose tinted specs on to be honest.

Last edited:
Sherwood was better than Moyes?

I'd be interested to know what you thought of Sherwood before it suited your argument to give him some credit, we had half a season under AVB as well. I'd take Shaw, Herrera and di Maria but from what I gather, they're not fit for tomorrow. I don't care for the rest, they finished 7th for a reason and it wasn't all down to Moyes, the system they're playing now is laughably unbalanced, if Spurs lined up like that then gg would be down permanently. I think you're scared more of the red shirts with a devil on them rather than who's wearing them, when did they last beat us by the way?

They could well make me look like a mug tomorrow, it's not out of the question but I'm not going into it thinking we'll be lucky if we can nick a brave point. I just hope our players aren't as weak willed as some of you lot.

I've not been Impressed with them once this season but they have had some half decent results

They have some great Fire power as you would've expect for a team that's spent more than anyone else but it's incredibly unbalanced and lacks character imo ( And substantiate that)

the respective systems of each side will be an interesting battle. There Feinstein leaves them massively exposed defensively whereas outs typically makes us quite narrow .

Could be a hell of a game or a war of attrition

I'd be interested to know what you thought of Sherwood before it suited your argument to give him some credit, we had half a season under AVB as well. I'd take Shaw, Herrera and di Maria but from what I gather, they're not fit for tomorrow. I don't care for the rest, they finished 7th for a reason and it wasn't all down to Moyes, the system they're playing now is laughably unbalanced, if Spurs lined up like that then gg would be down permanently. I think you're scared more of the red shirts with a devil on them rather than who's wearing them, when did they last beat us by the way?

They could well make me look like a mug tomorrow, it's not out of the question but I'm not going into it thinking we'll be lucky if we can nick a brave point. I just hope our players aren't as weak willed as some of you lot.

I was always willing to give Sherwood a chance. I thought a lot of people on here underestimated him and given the resources at his disposal, I thought he did as well as could be expected in the circumstances ( we won at OT under him iirc. It was only his off field antics that led to his position becoming untenable for me.
Similarly, I think the shape and tactics LVG is utilising is playing to the strengths of the players available to him and seeks to minimise his obvious defensive deficiencies at the moment. That formation could equally suit us with three centre backs and two wing backs that can't defend (Walker and Rose). So not totally outrageous to me.
You still don't say which of our players would get into Utds first team.

You do know that there are still three months and bit to the 1st April, don't you?

Not fussed about Mata, Carrick, van Persie :ross: :ross: :ross:

I was always willing to give Sherwood a chance. I thought a lot of people on here underestimated him and given the resources at his disposal, I thought he did as well as could be expected in the circumstances ( we won at OT under him iirc. It was only his off field antics that led to his position becoming untenable for me.
Similarly, I think the shape and tactics LVG is utilising is playing to the strengths of the players available to him and seeks to minimise his obvious defensive deficiencies at the moment. That formation could equally suit us with three centre backs and two wing backs that can't defend (Walker and Rose). So not totally outrageous to me.
You still don't say which of our players would get into Utds first team.

If none of our players get in their lineup it doesn't mean all 11 of theirs get in ours. I said I'd take Rooney to play alongside Kane but I'm not fussed about the rest, I'm certainly not wetting myself at the prospect of Jones, McNair, Evans, Valencia and Young playing for Spurs. Neither would I want to see a CM pairing of Mata and Rooney. What's our equivalent of that? Eriksen and Kane? Please. It's about the team at the end of the day, not the individual components. They don't impress me, they're still capable of beating us but I feel we're equally capable of beating them, both sides have been largely unconvincing whilst managing to grind out results.

If none of our players get in their lineup it doesn't mean all 11 of theirs get in ours. I said I'd take Rooney to play alongside Kane but I'm not fussed about the rest, I'm certainly not wetting myself at the prospect of Jones, McNair, Evans, Valencia and Young playing for Spurs. Neither would I want to see a CM pairing of Mata and Rooney. What's our equivalent of that? Eriksen and Kane? Please. It's about the team at the end of the day, not the individual components. They don't impress me, they're still capable of beating us but I feel we're equally capable of beating them, both sides have been largely unconvincing whilst managing to grind out results.

Of course it is about the team rather than individual players. I am just trying to set expectations at a realistic level.

I think we can beat them if everything clicks and goes our way and would be absolutely delighted if we did. However , if you offered me a draw now, I would take it.

Although I think fourth is out of our reach this season ( unless we buy Benteke, Schneiderlin and ?Moreno) , who do you think we have most chance of beating to it Utd or Larsnl ?

Of course it is about the team rather than individual players. I am just trying to set expectations at a realistic level.

I think we can beat them if everything clicks and goes our way and would be absolutely delighted if we did. However , if you offered me a draw now, I would take it.

Although I think fourth is out of our reach this season ( unless we buy Benteke, Schneiderlin and ?Moreno����) , who do you think we have most chance of beating to it Utd or Larsnl ?

Probably Utd, we're not allowed to finish above Arsenal. They do have a lot of quality to come back into the side like Koscielny, Wheelchair, Ramsey, Walcott, Ozil ... I prefer the make up of their squad but then van Gaal breathes an air of confidence/arrogance into his side whilst Arsenal are always prone to wilting. Utd will probably spend a load more in January but their current front four of Mata, Rooney, Falcao and van Persie is very undynamic and very unbalanced, too much of the same thing isn't always a good thing. I don't really view us as legit contenders, we're rebuilding, again, but I'm happy with the way it's going and I expect us to compete against any side bar City and Chelsea, anything from those games is a bonus.

I think we have FAR more chance of finishing above Arsenal than United. If United's squad is unbalanced how unbalanced is Arsenal's, what with there having 10+ attacking midfielders and NO defensive midfielder of any real description, not to mention only 6 senior defenders in the SQUAD.

United at least have some CBs to come back, as well as Daley Blind who can anchor the midfield when needed (not the best DCM I agree, but far better than Flamini or Arteta).

I'd bet anyone we'll be closer to Arsenal than Manure at the end of the season...

The team I'd play tomorrow:

Lloris

Chitiches* -- Fazio -- Verts -- Davies

Mason -- Dembele

Lennon -- Kane -- Chadli

Soldado

*We have to be careful with Walker and Lennon probably works better without him behind him imo

Prediction: 2-2; Soldado and Chadli for us; Van Persie and Mata for them

I think we have FAR more chance of finishing above Arsenal than United. If United's squad is unbalanced how unbalanced is Arsenal's, what with there having 10+ attacking midfielders and NO defensive midfielder of any real description, not to mention only 6 senior defenders in the SQUAD.

United at least have some CBs to come back, as well as Daley Blind who can anchor the midfield when needed (not the best DCM I agree, but far better than Flamini or Arteta).

I'd bet anyone we'll be closer to Arsenal than Manure at the end of the season...

I agree. Just hope the Arsnl don't manage to plug their gaps in the window.

The 3 CBs are not the best. Carrick is a good holding midfielder but is an interceptor rather than a destroyer, Mata is lightweight also. Young and Valencia are pace.

There is a definite weakness at the back.

Going forward they clearly have some real talent. RVP, Falcao, Rooney, Mata - are al goalscorers and creators. The wing backs are both a much of a muchness going forward.

I do think Fazio and Verts will struggle against 2 strikers though. So one of the CMs will have to be a real shield. He might go for Capoue in this sense as he is more natural to that role than any of our other CMs.

Personally I think we need to focus on our finishing, we really need to take our chances.

I want a win. We should be going for it.

COYFS

Back