• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
VS
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Where: Old Trafford
When: Sunday, 4pm

For this thread I've drawn my inspiration from Bobby Smith and Martin Peters, the only Tottenham players to ever score a hat trick at Old Trafford. Let's hope we can emulate them and make it a hat trick of away wins. Has that even happened before?

Lineup: Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane

Is this a must win? does Poch get the sack if we lose? and will this match thread be full of people wanting us to loose during the game?

So many questions

Have a badger

images

Well, I wish people would be more loose during a game.

Me to, My wife used to do a little some thing to me when we first got it together when i was watching spurs, it was like a little good luck thing. Now she just strops and tells me i am getting fat.

Oh well

Came into the thread expecting the worst, started to see some hope until I read the name Fazio. DOOMED.

Get Dier in there and we're good to go. I just have a feeling we'll beat them on Sunday.

2-0 COYS!

Lloris
Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Rose
Bentaleb - Mason
Eriksen
Dembele - Chadli
Kane

1-2
KANE x2​

Came into the thread expecting the worst, started to see some hope until I read the name Fazio. DOOMED.

Get Dier in there and we're good to go. I just have a feeling we'll beat them on Sunday.

2-0 COYS!
Yep Dier over Fazio for me.

A win would be nice but a draw is worse for them than us and this is arguably the hardest game we have left given it's away and Man C is at home

Yeah, nothing wrong with a draw from this for us. Of course go for the win, but I wouldn't mind a draw.

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out. They've been generally fairly solid (with a spectacular goalkeeper) at the back when I've watched them, and they have the kind of quality up front that our at times error prone defending might see punished. First goal will be important as always.

I think Bentaleb and Mason are capable of grabbing control of the central midfield in this one.

start our recent strongest eleven

Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane
to set the same pace and same intent right from the start, and ready tactical subs right on the 60 min mark, please.

start our recent strongest eleven

Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane
to set the same pace and same intent right from the start, and ready tactical subs right on the 60 min mark, please.

Bit of a toss up between Dier/Fazio and Townsend/Lamela. But with Pochettino not choosing to rotate in those position for the last couple of games before our congested fixture list ended I would lean towards agreeing that the players you list will be chosen again after we've had a bit of a break. Unless there's been unreported injuries/illness that has influenced recent selections. Townsend has been subbed in all his recent starts, so probably not a locked in starter, but he did score last time out so probably will be given another start I would think.

United play without proper target men, but also without real pace up front. I would guess Dier again.

United have a lot of possession in their games, most of any team in the league (whoscored.com). 60% overall, 63% at home. Could be a decent game to bring Dembele into the number 10 role again. Use his athleticism, pressing and competitiveness to help us out defensively and for counter attacks.

I'd start Fazio, considering how often they will look for Fellani

True. Didn't consider Fellaini when I said they have no target man. With Di Maria out I suppose it's more likely that Fellaini will start too.

It's a tricky one for central defenders with a player like Fellaini effectively in a number 10 role being used as a target man. Push up and lose the duel and all of a sudden the back 4 is completely unbalanced. Don't push up and he wins most headers or can bring the ball down unchallenged. In general, if facing long balls I personally prefer the midfielders to challenge for the headers and rather lose a few more, but having the back 4 organized and in place to deal with the situations that arise. Have Bentaleb clatter into the duels with Fellaini, keep the back 4 organized.

Different when he's the target for crosses of course. If they do go for a lot of crosses Fazio is a beast in the air and he's had some huge games for us. If we do concede a lot of possession, go for the counter attacks, sit a bit deeper and allow crosses to come in Fazio might very well be the better option.

Some interesting decisions for Poch for sure...

With how Man U have been playing we should be really looking forward to this game. I know I am and I expect us to win this no problem.

I imagine Rooney will get his usual goal against us but we should have plenty of chances against their back line.

1-3 (Rooney - Kane [2], Chadli)

Have any of you seen United play this season? Long ball merchants either to Fellaini or to Young out wide, Fazio is a must

Big game for us, win here and its truly on, +added bonus of heaping more pressure on United and LVG

They are a terrible team to watch, focus is on long balls or crosses from the winger cutting in. Fazio would be a good call, he really is a collosus in the air. Verts to handle Rooney. Mason and Bentaleb to wind Fellaini up.

Really up for this game and live on Sky.

They are a truly terrible side at the moment but a few lapses of concentration (Verts/Fazio etc) could prove costly.
I'm well up for this game and am confident we can win this, but we are known for gifting goals to sides and I just hope we do the job for once on Sunday.

With how Man U have been playing we should be really looking forward to this game. I know I am and I expect us to win this no problem.

I imagine Rooney will get his usual goal against us but we should have plenty of chances against their back line.

1-3 (Rooney - Kane [2], Chadli)

Despite their problems only Chelsea have conceded fewer league goals than them this season. Luck and De Gea playing solid parts I'm guessing, but still. That's a solid defensive record.

Back