• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

if we win i will have a really good toss...if we lose i will just have a perfunctory toss...draw and i may or may not have a reasonably good toss, depending on how well we played...if we lose to the ref i will have a painful, angry toss.

if we win i will have a really good toss...if we lose i will just have a perfunctory toss...draw and i may or may not have a reasonably good toss, depending on how well we played...if we lose to the ref i will have a painful, angry toss.

I guess your username might have the wrong initial letters? ;)

I will have a toss over your avatar. Again.

i am 99% certain we are going to lose but you always hold out that hope dont you? famous away win, Bale finds his form and tears rafael a new one. defoe mugs ferdinand in possession, vertionghen has RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez in his pocket all at the same time, friedel gets injured in the warm up Lloris comes in and makes five world class saves (including a RVP penalty) and cements his place in the team. Clint Dempsey breaks his duct etc etc. AVB bodyslams Sir Alex into the turf and no one blinks an eye.

insert your old trafford fantasies here

i am 99% certain we are going to lose but you always hold out that hope dont you? famous away win, Bale finds his form and tears rafael a new one. defoe mugs ferdinand in possession, vertionghen has RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez in his pocket all at the same time, friedel gets injured in the warm up Lloris comes in and makes five world class saves (including a RVP penalty) and cements his place in the team. Clint Dempsey breaks his duct etc etc. AVB bodyslams Sir Alex into the turf and no one blinks an eye.

Spurs score a perfectly good goal and the referee allows it to stand.

Not too much to ask, is it?

I would play:

----------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------------------

Walker-----------------------Caulker-------------Vertonghen-------------------------Naughton*

----------------------------------Sandro----------Dembele---------------------------------------

-------Lennon-------------------------Dempsey---------------------------------------Bale-----

------------------------------------------Defoe----------------------------------------------------

subs: Freidel, Gallas, Dawson, Thudd, Sigurdsson, Lewis Hamilton, Adebayor

* Vert at LB, Gallas CB and Smith on bench if Naughton is still out

however we know that Freidel will play

The whole thing made me smile - but the bit in bold - is that the same as "tearing someone a new one"??? LOL

My OT fantasy is:We score more goals than them. Now that would be ecstacy.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
Spurs fan is worry about week end? Or confident??? Impossible is not SPURS !!! YES we can!!! LOL

The whole thing made me smile - but the bit in bold - is that the same as "tearing someone a new one"??? LOL

My OT fantasy is:We score more goals than them. Now that would be ecstacy.

We are GIVEN more goals than them. Or they get robbed of more. Now that would be something.

AVB ON UNITED

Andre Villas-Boas has talked about the belief and confidence in the squad as we head to Old Trafford on Saturday.

United sit second in the Premier League after a typically impressive start to the campaign and four wins in five.

We head to Manchester for a 5.30pm kick-off having stretched our unbeaten run to six matches in all competitions, moving up to eighth after back-to-back wins over Reading and QPR.

“It’s a difficult game, of course,” said Andre. “It would be tremendous for us to go there and win, because we would really move up the table, join the top group and that would have an important meaning for everyone at this time.

“Obviously, we know the task, to go to United and win is always extremely difficult.

“But as long as there is belief, as long as there is motivation, there is certainly more chance of getting it.”

It was suggested that the belief was there. “I think so,” added Andre. “In the end, we’ve been doing well, the team has been evolving in terms of performance and we’ve put in the effort on a tight schedule at the moment.

“We’re playing games and only having two days’ recovery, but really the belief is there and the confidence is there. We want to take that to United to see if we can get something positive.”

Andre was delighted with Wednesday night's 3-0 win at Carlisle in the Capital One Cup.

"We made some changes and the way we performed was absolutely outstanding," he said.

"To see players like Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone feeling so good on the pitch and performing at that level was extremely important for us.

"Also, the younger boys in the team really put on a performance. Ryan Mason, outstanding, Adam Smith, Yago Falque too, good signs for us.

"Overall, let’s not look at individuals, everyone was excellent. When you go to games like that you have to be up for it in terms of motivation, and the boys really showed that."

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

Venue: Old Trafford

Date: Saturday, 29 September KO 17:30

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia is doubtful to face Tottenham after suffering an ankle injury during the win at Liverpool.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson must decide whether or not to pick Wayne Rooney as he eases him back from injury.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas will restore the likes of Brad Friedel, Gareth Bale and Jermain Defoe to his side after they were rested in midweek.

Kyle Naughton could return after missing the match with QPR last Sunday.

MATCH PREVIEW

What were you doing in December 1989?* I only ask because that's the last time Spurs beat Manchester United at Old Trafford. They've been the visitors 26 times since and lost 22 times - including the last nine in a row.

Factor in games at White Hart Lane (and one at Wembley) and a symmetry of United dominance appears. Twenty six games undefeated against Spurs anywhere, in any competition, winning 22 of them.

Of course, none of that means that Spurs are without a chance this time, and I quite fancy them to at least run United close.

Results-wise, both teams are in form with League Cup wins this week to add to runs of four (for Manchester United) and two (for Spurs) league wins in a row. Both also had to show spirit, and arguably make the most of a bit of luck, in coming from behind to win last weekend - in United's case the third time in five league games this season that they've turned a result around.

I was there the first time it happened against Fulham in August, and remember two things from that game that could be factors here.

Mousa Dembele was terrific in his final appearance for the Cottagers, and I really like the look of the Spurs midfield now as he, Clint Dempsey and Gylfi Sigurdsson settle in. Add Sandro, Gareth Bale, Aaron Lennon, Tom Huddlestone and Scott Parker to come back - plus talented prospects Andros Townsend, Jake Livermore and Yago Falque...that's some strength in depth.

It was also the Fulham game in which Wayne Rooney suffered that horrific cut to his thigh. His comeback against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Wednesday was hailed as "terrific" by Sir Alex Ferguson, and he looked in the best shape he's been in since May. A fit Rooney can now properly start to form a partnership with Robin van Persie - a frightening thought for the rest of the league.

*Gary Lineker was scoring the winner in a 1-0 Spurs win at Old Trafford. I was 'studying' for A-levels in a Guns N' Roses t-shirt. Jive Bunny were ridiculously at number one in the charts.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Spurs' last victory over the Red Devils was a 3-1 success in May 2001 at White Hart Lane. Manchester United veterans Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes both started that match, the latter scoring.

Current Manchester United players such as Danny Welbeck, David de Gea, Fabio and the injured Phil Jones were not even born the last time Spurs won at Old Trafford in 1989.

Tottenham have failed to score in four of their last six league and cup games against the Red Devils.

Ryan Giggs has scored more goals (10) against Spurs in the Premier League than versus any other opponent, including the first goal in this fixture in the Premier League era in September 1992.

Manchester United

The Red Devils have been awarded a penalty in each of their last three league matches. The last Premier League club to get four in a row was Arsenal in 2007.

Wayne Rooney has scored seven goals in his last eight Premier League appearances against Tottenham, and five in the last five.

Robin van Persie is set to make his 200th Premier League appearance. He scored five goals and made four assists in his last six league home games against Tottenham while at Arsenal.

Tottenham Hotspur

The win over QPR gave boss Andre Villas-Boas back-to-back wins in the Premier League for the first time since January, when his then-Chelsea side beat Wolves 2-1 away and Sunderland 1-0 at home.

Tottenham have scored a league-high 88% of their goals in the second half this season.

Jermain Defoe has had more shots than any other player in the Premier League this season (31) and has had the most on target (nine). He has four goals and an assist in five league appearances and is currently on 199 club career goals.

fudge it, we're gonna win 2-1. United have look vulnerable in every game this season, and I reckon they'll have 1 more shaky performance for us before they get their act together

The Spurs line-up the last time we beat Manchester United at Old Trafford...

Mimms

Thomas Mabbutt Sedgley v.d. Hauwe

Samways Howells Gascoigne Allen

Lineker Stewart

Back