• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

That 2008 game when we were 1-0 up till virtually the last minute when tevez ran in front of daws and caused daws to react to the ball and deflect in for an own goal ... a defining moment, imagine if we'd won that, would've been immense. Well, to me it would, but now's another chance.

It's all down to our defense and the defensive midfielders to close up space and stay tight all day. We have players who can finish, score on the break, but for me it's always about staying strong at the back the whole game. Cliche, but we have to punish them when we get the chances.

As bad for the health as that would be, that would be an awesome result. Although if anyone's getting an 88th minute winner, it has to be Aaron Lennon.
One like the Liverpool game last season. United pushing for the winner to keep in touch with City, after they trounce Bolton, and we catch them on the break with Azza firing the ball under De Gey's body

Would have been good had I put the right fcuking bet on but I put united to win 2-1. For some reason thought we were the away team on betfair even though I'm going to the game and know we are at home .

Twaaaaaaaaaaaaat

sometimes i hate to be right, but i called it last week, didn't i?
sunday will be no better, but for different reasons. we play scared against them, they matchup too well against us. another shalacking, 1:4 :-(

Rooney has 6 goals in his last 7 against Spurs. We didn't test De Gea nearly as much as we should have done when we played them way back in August. Plenty of shots on goal would be welcomed, except from Kaboul.

TEAM NEWS
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is confident Gareth Bale will be fit on Sunday, despite a hamstring problem.
Ledley King, Rafael van der Vaart and Kyle Walker could recover from injuries they picked up against Arsenal last week, but Scott Parker is suspended.
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney is back after a throat infection, but Tom Cleverley and Antonio Valencia are out.
Defender Chris Smalling may be absent after suffering a gashed head playing for England on Wednesday.

We will win.

I hope we don't risk Bale if he is less than 100%...but I think we will win.

I have convinced myself that last weekend was a ridiculous blip. I am now of the mid-set that the silence from WHL is actually a quiet, steely determination to show everyone WTF...

...delighted Cleverly isn't playing, and hope Atkinson is ready to send Scholes off, because it could absolutely happen.

We'll lose... but the manner of the loss should tell us whether we've had a blip or a complete collapse.

I think we face a real challenge to limp across the finish line and secure a CL spot.

We'll lose... but the manner of the loss should tell us whether we've had a blip or a complete collapse.

I think we face a real challenge to limp across the finish line and secure a CL spot.

It would be an absolute disaster and ever so slightly farcical from both Redknapp and the players if we fail to secure a CL place from the position we're in now. 4th place? I could just about accept it. Chelsea are still a good team, with winning players. But to finish 5th or below after spending basically the whole season in 3rd/4th? I'd be furious.

Last edited:
It would be an absolute disaster and ever so slightly farcical from both Redknapp and the players if we fail to secure a CL place from the position we're in now. 4th place? I could just about accept it. Chelsea are still a good team, with winning players. But to finish 5th or below after spending basically the whole season in 3rd/4th? I'd be absolutely furious.

Couldn't even consider it. We'll take enough points from our remaining matches.....surely??

Imo, we need 17 points to basically guarantee it. 22 to do it beyond doubt. From 12 games. If we don't, I don't know what I'd do or say. It would probably be the biggest bottle/collapse in our history.

even 4 wins 4 draws 4 losses and i'd be amazed if that didn't get 4th and probably 3rd. none of the others look like getting to 70.

on top of that of 12 games left we will odds or very close to odds in 8 of them and heavily so in most of the home games.

the likes of villa and qpr are more or less top of the list for teams you want to play away.

lads come on. Stop panicking. It's become systemic and is part of our set up as Spurs fans to believe we will throw it all away. Give those boys that wear our lillywhite a chance. They have done us proud this season, despite a couple of blips.
We don't need to be making WHL nervy. I know it's hard to get over last week right now, but this is still the best Spurs side in my generation.

We play some fantastic football and we should enjoy it. It's why we love the club and the game.

I think the best thing to hopefully come from last week was that in this next game the lads will be sure to give nothing less than 100%, not only for us, but for their own pride. If we lose it won't be for the lack of trying.

Back