• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

well the last prem game lamela started was arsenal and we played well.
since then we played well in 1 game since andross has played

It was arguably our best performance of the season. I put that down to Dembele playing really, he controlled it. Chadli has been nothing but a passenger since he's been back, dreadful defensively and not involved enough. I'm more annoyed he's playing than Townsend recently. You HAVE to have everyone contributing to pressing and the philosophy that Poch wants. Townsend and Chadli are usually the worst for this, it's why Lamela is a better fit, regardless of whether or not he has done nothing to deserve starting, he suits our play more.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Lamela started against Liverpool.

Disappointed with that starting lineup.
Townsend and Chadli in particular can count themselves very fortunate to start.

COYS

It was arguably our best performance of the season. I put that down to Dembele playing really, he controlled it. Chadli has been nothing but a passenger since he's been back, dreadful defensively and not involved enough. I'm more annoyed he's playing than Townsend recently. You HAVE to have everyone contributing to pressing and the philosophy that Poch wants. Townsend and Chadli are usually the worst for this, it's why Lamela is a better fit, regardless of whether or not he has done nothing to deserve starting, he suits our play more.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Lamela started against Liverpool.

This is what I was getting at.. Most fans believe that Chadli and Townsend could/should be upgraded, or start showing signs of improvement in their all round ground and work rate etc. However when they have a bad game he keeps picking them.. I know we have some players such as Capoue, Kaboul, Ade that he has already made his mind up about but there are still other options to experiment with to see if they offer more than Chadli and Townsend.
You could say, maybe today is the day Townsend will come good and have a blinder.. but I don't think it matters anymore.. so many poor performances have shown he just isn't good enough (just my opinion..)

Bit surprised, but not shocked to see the same line-up. Hopefully the players are well aware that they have some making up to do after last week and motivated to do just that.

COYS!

This is what I was getting at.. Most fans believe that Chadli and Townsend could/should be upgraded, or start showing signs of improvement in their all round ground and work rate etc. However when they have a bad game he keeps picking them.. I know we have some players such as Capoue, Kaboul, Ade that he has already made his mind up about but there are still other options to experiment with to see if they offer more than Chadli and Townsend.
You could say, maybe today is the day Townsend will come good and have a blinder.. but I don't think it matters anymore.. so many poor performances have shown he just isn't good enough (just my opinion..)

Chadli was undroppable at one point this season. He's also shown that he can deliver, makes a lot of sense to give him time to reproduce that.

Between Lamela and Townsend for the other spot. Personally I would prefer Lamela, but I can be convinced that it's at least a close-ish decision.

We don't have many other options. Dembele? Meh, been poor more times than Chadli and Townsend and not a game that suits him imo. Ade/Soldado? Nope. Stambouli with Mason pushed forward, perhaps? I don't mind this line-up.

It's just laziness from the players part. Poch KNOWS they can work harder, Chadli has even shown it, especially against Chelsea. Townsend must be pretty damn good in training to keep getting starts. It's a flip of coin to decide who plays between him and Lamela based on this season in my view, I personally think Lamela has shown more but there is hardly anything in it. Only thing I can think of is how each performs in training.

I'd have started Lamela and Dembele and dropped both Townsend and Chadli personally.

Chadli was undroppable at one point this season. He's also shown that he can deliver, makes a lot of sense to give him time to reproduce that.

Between Lamela and Townsend for the other spot. Personally I would prefer Lamela, but I can be convinced that it's at least a close-ish decision.

We don't have many other options. Dembele? Meh, been poor more times than Chadli and Townsend and not a game that suits him imo. Ade/Soldado? Nope. Stambouli with Mason pushed forward, perhaps? I don't mind this line-up.

No player should be undroppable. Chadli has been nothing short of dogbrick since his return. Literally a passenger, like playing with 10 men. Pub player stuff. The fact he's playing just shows me that Poch is playing anyone who has scored more than 2 league goals. Which is probably why Townsend is ahead of Lamela too.

with chadli and townsend in the side we aren't a pressing team. we have no first line of defence. in fact, with those two in the side i'm really not sure what sort of team we are and what our philosophy is supposed to look like.

extremely disappointed that they start. lets hope at somepoint they start (andros especially) justifying their inclusions. they both (chadli on current form) wouldn't scare us if they were lining up for leicester.

Leicester playing 3-4-3 according to reports. They are going for it. hope we rip them apart.

they are trying to overwhelm us in midfield like Man united and to a lesser extent Liverpool. If they can get in and around our two they will take away our command of possesion. And with no outright pace pushing their line back it should allow the centre backs to track Kane wherever he goes.

This game could come down to whether our three behind Kane can get on the ball, retain possesion and feed Harry. If they have an off game ( and they are a weakness in our formation ) then it could be a long day. Also with them playing three up front they will look to take advantage of our full backs pushing on and play with pace down the side our our centre backs whenever they turn over possesion.

they are trying to overwhelm us in midfield like Man united and to a lesser extent Liverpool. If they can get in and around our two they will take away our command of possesion. And with no outright pace pushing their line back it should allow the centre backs to track Kane wherever he goes.

This game could come down to whether our three behind Kane can get on the ball, retain possesion and feed Harry. If they have an off game ( and they are a weakness in our formation ) then it could be a long day. Also with them playing three up front they will look to take advantage of our full backs pushing on and play with pace down the side our our centre backs whenever they turn over possesion.

with the defensive non-entities of townsend and chadli the middle two are going to be frightfully exposed. particularly with our full backs trying to compensate for a complete lack of product from andros (and chadli on current form). i think we are there for the taking and leicester know it. they've already done us once at the lane this season.

today will be one hell of a struggle i feel. really hope i'm wrong.

That makes a lot of sense. Any midfield 3 opposition has overwhelmed us this season. That is why Dembele starting against this lot would have made sense. Hopefully Eriksen roams centrally and deep and keeps us in the game in the middle of the park and the FBs stay disciplined.

In theory if we can get the ball to Eriksen, Chadli and Townsend then they can form up with Kane and overwhelm a back three. But like I think we all agree, apart from Eriksen the others are all off form. I totally agree that Dembele in or Stambouli ( why is he not on the bench? in the side would have countered this. I am slightly worried by Poch's unwavering support of this formation. But I get that he wants us to have a style imprinted with his players before he maybe tinkers in a second option.

Townsend and Chali need to work hard. Support Mason and Benteleb and we can still dominate. But its almost resting on their play. And that scares me.

Back