• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City *** OMT

Eriksen is very soft. He simply folds when tackled, doesn't go down fighting . he is doing but I think he will do very much better in a less physical league

It's interesting...earlier in the season it was my chief complaint about him and I felt he had to work harder and get tougher. He did IMO. But I would say he has to be tired right now; played a lot of football and trained like a beast, so a bit of pass perhaps???

The sad thing is we all know whats coming. Yet does the one man on the bemch who can so something about it know?

their 3 out numbering us in midfield now. And we are not retaining possesion as we are bricking ourselves.

End of the half. Other than Kane's goals there hasn't been much of a bright spot. Which mirrors our season really. Sooner this game and season are over the better!

It's the system rather than the players. Our centre halves are always going to be very exposed when there isn't a holder shielding them and the full backs are concentrating more on attacking play than defending.

So Its the manager ?

glad half time came.

Get Dembele on to shore up the middle. Take one of Chadli or Townsend off, does not matter which.

So Its the manager ?
yes. But he is assessing the players this season. So we will judge him more next year when he has the players he wants for his system. All the wing play is coming down the side of verts. They are really working off him. bring a man in short to draw him out then slide it down his side.

chadli has been dreadful. no work rate whatsoever. embarrassing.
its just not good enough anymore.

towsnend is just waank. offers nothing going forwards or defensively. fking dreadful player. the worst thing is its now become painfully obvious. he's been pony for three seasons now.

chadli's lack of commitment and townsend being useless hammers our 'philosophy'. we don't have a plan our philosophy when we aren't pressing and working hard. eriksen can press, but he cant tackle - and he definitely cant do it alone. we have to press as a team. when we dont do that we are so, so, so, so easy to play against its unreal: midfield swamped, full backs completely overworked and worked over.

these two must be dropped. its simply a must. townsend should play for burnley or someone. but he wouldn't get a game.

At half time we should have a read of this from Neville during the week
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...per-agents-taking-our-top-clubs-for-mugs.html

"In periods of uncertainty in games, too, the players at those European clubs are far better at adapting. Tottenham, last Sunday against Manchester United, had a problem with Marouane Fellaini, and where Ashley Young was playing, but there was no player adaptability on the pitch itself. Too often players have to wait until half-time when the coaches can get hold of them.

Player thinking is really poor. Problem solving is really poor. I have been appalled in the last season or two by some of the defending, collectively. In that respect Brendan Rodgers deserves great respect for reversing what was a negative trend towards poor defending by Liverpool. Even last season, when they were challenging for the title.

Now, they have much better resilience and defensive organization. Across the board, though, it is nowhere near good enough. Andres Iniesta was constantly taking the ball off City players. Barcelona’s instinct is – we have to win the ball back as soon as we lose it.

Sounds simple, but we are caught between having players who think they are too good to go and retrieve possession, and those who think just getting behind the ball is sufficient. Three or four yards off an opponent is not close enough. It’s a physical issue, a mentality issue and, with some, a question of willingness and desire."

It hard not get be down on him. What has he done that he deserves your defence? Missed a sitter. Dived. Not provided one cross from out wide yet. Same as townsend. Both done nothing so far.

He's tried to make things happen, taken people on and kept possession of the ball with his strength. I think it was a penalty to be honest and 'sitter' aside I think he's been solid. Comparable to Eriksen who has been so weak and far better than Townsend.

Verts pushing way too far up field, leaving Bentaleb to cover...and teams know that Walker will cheat inside a bit too much...our defense needs to learn too

Not a spacegoat, just wondering where the player of earlier this season has gone. Don't you mate? Walker JUST gets to that one, but Verts needs to LEAD THE DEFENCE, instead he is leaving Dier to take most of the responsibility back there. Not good. Interesting to note how utterly strong our defense was when Fazio was one of the two; we need a little more experience back there...although perhaps Poch sees this making them more experienced? Hmmm...

Vertonghen is not a defensive leader, he's just not.. He needs guidance and I raised this issue in the thread specifically discussing our leaking of goals.. The problem is that Fazio has shown no sign of organisation or leadership ability either. He's just as positionally slack and prone to switching off.. It's an issue we need to address in the summer.

And Chadders will come good again, watch him score second half ;) getting down on him helps no one! You should know this Steff, of all people.

Lol. If you are happy with this performance then fair enough. You must be a glutton for punishment, have been lucky to get away with it

Back