• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fussball Club Basel 1893 OMT **

----------------Friedel-----------
Naugton--Gallas--Caulker--BAE
Dempsey-Parker---Hudd----Sig
-------------Ade----Defoe------

Sub:
Bale
Lennon
Dembele
Vert
Carrol
Holtby
Archer

COYS

Would like something like this. Think we'll play one up front, with one of Defoe/ Ade on the bench - makes sense with Everton and our lack of strikers. Is Dempsey due back? Would like to see Holtby start with Dempsey in behind the striker if he is back.

I know he has taken a lot of stick, but would consider Livermore for a hour of running, closing down and breaking up play. With Parker coming on for him. I doubt AVB will risk not playing Dembele. He's so important to our midfield.

[video=youtube;lvIVaxjeCm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lvIVaxjeCm4#![/video]

Not going to be easy, not at all.

Courage, my lad, courage. That's them playing lowly Luzern. Second from the bottom, four wins from 25 matches. Best player's named Heidi.

And play Jermain Defoe in goal?

Don't larf. Remember those great adidas ads featuring Jose + 10? Couple of kids in a scruffy Spanish town, get to pick their fantasy teams and the real players trot onto the dusty courtyard pitch. Ends up chucking a pair of gloves to the last player standing, points sharply to one end and says:

DEFOE !! Portiere!

I made my opinions about my preference for CL over EL in the other thread, but I obviously want us to win this game and tie.

The one concession I want to make more than any other for the Everton game is to rest Parker for this game. I just don't believe he's got 2 games in 3 days left in his legs any more, and the midfield battle V Everton will be crucial.

We've got options in defence, up front, but problems in midfield. Bale's can play twice in three days no problem, but if there's still questions over Lennon's groin or hamstring, I'd rest him as well.

I'd start Defoe as I think we could do without Ade's height V Everton, and he's another player who might not have the legs any more for 2 games in a week. I fancy Defoe to break his goal drought on Thursday.

A 1-0 wouldn't be a bad result, considering we don't have to worry about a game following the away leg.

Team will be

Friedel

Naughton
Daws/Caulks/Gallas
Vertonghen
Assou-Ekoto

Parker
Dembele

Lennon
Bale
Siggy/Holtby/Dempsey

Defoe/Ade

Friedel is known for his concentration levels, lets try him at RB maybe?

A bit harsh, that but fair.

I am liking how Brad is annoying the away fans. He has got to be the best bench goalie ever for Spurs. I really like him.

I want our best XI for this game. I would like Parker on the bench.

Friedel

Naughton
Dawson
Caulker
Ekotto

Lennon (Holtby on for 20-25 if we're winning comfortably, to give his hammy a rest)
Carroll
Dembele
Siggy (Dempsey on for 10-15 if he's back, needs to gain fitness)

Bale
Defoe

Rotation isn't so much for resting, more for match fitness. Think Caulker will need a game in case he's called upon later on, Defoe hasn't played the majority of a match for a while and parker does far better when fully fit and rested, and carroll is a much more attacking option which is how we should approach the home game. Think we'd be fine without Verts or Parker. Lloris may not be fit, and Friedel is good enough anyway.

Last edited:
I made my opinions about my preference for CL over EL in the other thread, but I obviously want us to win this game and tie.

The one concession I want to make more than any other for the Everton game is to rest Parker for this game. I just don't believe he's got 2 games in 3 days left in his legs any more, and the midfield battle V Everton will be crucial.

We've got options in defence, up front, but problems in midfield. Bale's can play twice in three days no problem, but if there's still questions over Lennon's groin or hamstring, I'd rest him as well.

I'd start Defoe as I think we could do without Ade's height V Everton, and he's another player who might not have the legs any more for 2 games in a week. I fancy Defoe to break his goal drought on Thursday.

A 1-0 wouldn't be a bad result, considering we don't have to worry about a game following the away leg.

I couldn't agree more. Parker in the Swansea match looked like the Parker at the end of last season, basically running on fumes. In the Swansea match he was marking space for the most part and hardly affected the game in any meaningful way. I know he is better than that so maybe a few extra days rest would serve him well.

In his stead I might opt for Carroll but I can't see Andre thinking along those lines. We might even see Hudd start :eek:

I really don't get why Parker keeps getting selected to start.

He slows our game down, doesn't create much and loses possession a lot. The simple fact is we don't have anyone who's better in his spot around.

Sandro is injured. Thudd is slow. Carroll is inexperienced.

Because he is our most influential central midfielder. Dembele is the one I can't figure out why he is always starting. He creates less than Parker and Parker is meant to be the 6!

Dembele has been disappointing recently. I hope it is a fitness issue because he was great earlier in the season.

Back