• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Everton OMT ***

In the paper today they showed what they thought the teams would be for tomorrow.

Sadly, apart from LLoris they just looked stronger in defence, midfield and attack. And not just on footballing ability either... There are several in their team with a real fighting mentality which we lack.

Throw in Lukaku and Barclay and you have two very special players who can and often do make things happen - I remember seeing Lukaku give Vertonghen a terrible time when he was on loan at WBA a couple of seasons ago.

I hope I am wrong of course, and have been many times before, bit I just see another bad afternoon.

But anyway, COYS.

Our last four games have finished 2-1, I'll go for that score tomorrow to whom I don't know

Spurs 2-1, 9/1
Everton 2-1, 11/1

Is McCarthy gonna be fit?? His hamstring is an issue I thought. Anyways, I think this is gonna be way too close to call. I'd agree that on paper they do look stronger, but that was the case last year and we still got out with a win.

Hard to see us keeping Barclay, Eto'o and Lukaku quiet. Well, its just not going to happen is it. If I had to call it I'd go for 1:3 Everton.

Let's keep this very quiet, but Spurs have now won five out of their last six matches...

P576_zpsc00339d9.png

Well there has been zero improvement since Poch's first matches (we have actually got worse) so will tomorrow be any different. We will wait and see. Its a massive game for us. We need to show improvement and show that we can actually compete and win a match without the other team going down to 10 men. My heart says we will click (for once) and win 3-1. My head says same old same old, predictable clueless defeat and no doubt throw a red card in for good measure. Lets hope the heart wins.

we will either win this or draw.. i dont see a loss. Everton have been worse then us this year and they are a year into the plan.

Well there has been zero improvement since Poch's first matches (we have actually got worse) so will tomorrow be any different. We will wait and see. Its a massive game for us. We need to show improvement and show that we can actually compete and win a match without the other team going down to 10 men. My heart says we will click (for once) and win 3-1. My head says same old same old, predictable clueless defeat and no doubt throw a red card in for good measure. Lets hope the heart wins.

I disagree with that, I think that we have been pretty good in the second half of our last two games. We haven't quite hit the heights of the QPR, Sunderland and Arsenal performances from earlier in the season but it is not all doom and gloom.

A draw will be an improvement. Hope its a watchable game with both sides attacking and going for it.

We have won just one league match against a team with 11 men in over two months.

Perspective.

Two of our last three losses have come after we have had a man sent off. Does that make them any less valid results?

When you look at the teams we've played, and the manner of the victories over Villa & Hull though....

Yes, stats can hide a multitude of sins. At the moment we seem to be saying any type of win will do its all about getting 3pts, but we cant keep playing average and scraping wins.
We definitely need to start seeing some improvement in the overall performances, starting tomorrow, otherwise one of these days the oppostion wont be as obliging as to play with 10 men or shoot like girls and we could end up on the end of right good spanking. My fear is that day might be Wednesday night if we go there on the back of another limp home defeat

Everton haven't been amazing. I really hope the players don't go in to this game with any fear.

My hope is that they will be more fatigued after Thursday night's exploits than us. They travelled to Germany and played an almost full-strength team.
We are the home team and should start a fair few who didnt play in the EL, or at least only 15/20mins

Lloris
Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies
Stambouli, Mason
Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela
Kane​​

3-1 win.

Back